+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 124th Draw

PrachiS

Jul 24, 2019
Hey Guys,
I will be entering the pool on 23rd August as that is when I will complete my 1560 hours. I am at 461 CRS, What do you think how are my chances for the upcoming draws?

Jul 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'm kind of praying for a draw today as well but after what happened last week I'm trying to avoid blind optimism. My girlfriend is waiting for her ITA (she's at 459). Not only did she miss out on the July 24th draw due to the tie breaker but she also missed out on the draw that didn't happen last week (which I assured her was going to happen...stupid me)...and just to add insult to injury, I told her that the August 7th draw had happened thanks to someone trolling here on the forum and I didn't check the official site so I had to turn around and tell her that I was wrong....she wasn't impressed. :( She had dragged her feet a bit on submitting her application in May and now she's paying the price, she would've had her ITA at this point...hoping it works out for her though. I also suggested that she should try NS: Experience PNP as she's been working for a couple years here...but that may still be a few months wait. I'm still fairly confident that she will get her ITA but it's getting to crunch time now with her permit expiring next year.
My wife and I have 459 points, we created the profile at June 21th so we lost the July 24th and I also told my wife we would get through on Aug 7th. There's a bunch of people at the same boat right now.

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,
I will be entering the pool on 23rd August as that is when I will complete my 1560 hours. I am at 461 CRS, What do you think how are my chances for the upcoming draws?
good chance maybe in 2-3 draws you will have your ITA but its not 100%

Reactions: PrachiS

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Hey! That’s rather offensive to us 50+ who are working our asses off, and are never sick. I’m seriously sick of lazy young people who don’t take pride in their work. I see them every day.

I easily work 60hrs/week. I’m laughing at CIC requiring 30hrs as full time. If I only did 30hrs a week, I’d be working 2-2.5 days a week.

And I’m 50+ and currently can’t turn down job offers fast enough.
As one of the 50+ crowd, I salute you. For us, it took me getting a master's in Toronto, waiting out the OINP master's stream opening, and now, starting the 19 month paper application approval process. Just got AOR yesterday.

Reactions: ryanvik

PrachiS

Jul 24, 2019
good chance maybe in 2-3 draws you will have your ITA but its not 100%
Thanks for your insight
. I have my common law partner as accompanying and without him the CRS is 466 and also I got ITA on July 10th but had to decline it as I was on leave of absence for 1 and half month so lets hope everything goes smooth this time.

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks for your insight
. I have my common law partner as accompanying and without him the CRS is 466 and also I got ITA on July 10th but had to decline it as I was on leave of absence for 1 and half month so lets hope everything goes smooth this time.
why would you do that u have 2 months to submit your docs and you wourld've submitted after 1.5 month we would have one less candidate lmfao jks but i hope you get one in next draw

PeeyushPooja

Nov 16, 2017
My brother entered in express entry pool with 459 score in July. As a secondary applicant, his wife can appear for IELTS and even if she gets 6666, their score will bump to 471 I believe. With a current score of 459, can they expect an invitation in the net 2-3 draws or shall she appear for IELTS. Please share your suggestions. Thanks

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey, I though that same but then I read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=675&top=29 and didn't want to take any chances.
yeahh but they only check your docs when they are submitted and then they check the day you submitted docs if u've completed a year or not my brother he got his PR like that so yeah its safe but they tell you so that you dont take somebody else's ITA thats it lol but anyways good luck i am myself at 457 and gonna try improve score by going for ielts again

Last edited:

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hey! That’s rather offensive to us 50+ who are working our asses off, and are never sick. I’m seriously sick of lazy young people who don’t take pride in their work. I see them every day.

I easily work 60hrs/week. I’m laughing at CIC requiring 30hrs as full time. If I only did 30hrs a week, I’d be working 2-2.5 days a week.

And I’m 50+ and currently can’t turn down job offers fast enough.
Man, that's what I'm trying to understand to what this guy is writing all about. He might have recently got his ITA and was waiting for long. I can understand his situation.