Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hi Guys, I have a quick question and if anybody can shed some light:

1. Can I count freelancing work as part of the work experience? There was a time when I finished my Masters and when I got my first job (about 4 to 5 months). I was majorly working on freelancing platforms like Elance and Upwork. Not sure what would be the best way to prove it and go about it.

I am at 2 years and about 1 month in total work experience, and seeing how I can get to that 3 year mark. My new full time job doesn't start until few weeks from now.
Freelancers and self employed people need to bring letters of job and recommendation from their clients (invoices, work/job/procedure done etc.). I am not perfectly sure about this, but this is close to what I have heard/read somewhere.

jamlabhai

Jul 7, 2019
Detroit
Category........
FSW
I just found out that I hadn't included a portion of my legit work experience on a temporary resident visa applied earlier (which was promptly refused).

Now I am claiming points for the said experience. I have the reference letters, pay slips and also a rudimentary job letter, no job duties specified, but I could arrange a separate letter mentioning that.

Do you think the fact that I had omitted the information in the TR form trouble me in my application?

And the reason I didn't include that back then was because it was part time work during studies, and I had apprehensions that V.O might question as to how could I work part time while being a full time student. I mean, I was convinced to an effect that it won't help my case if I included it.

So, would the discrepancy bug me now that I wish to claim points for it? :oops:
It would pose a problem. Because the officer will look more deep into it. Because regardless you should have mentioned that part time work in your LOE while applying for temporary resident visa. As you go online and read about it in different threads or on google, it is evident that they will scrutinize your application. And the job Responsibilities is a must, so might as well give all relevant information so that they can verify it.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
What is a ghost update? anyone?

Thanks,
Profile shows a new date but there is no update to it yet.
Eg
It shows BG check started dated 20 June.
Now it shows BG check started on 4 Aug.
There is no actual change in status, but a change of status date, which may oy may not mean a change in file status.
A ghost update, because you know something happened, but can't say what.
Unexplained phenomenon. 3:)

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
It would pose a problem. Because the officer will look more deep into it. Because regardless you should have mentioned that part time work in your LOE while applying for temporary resident visa. As you go online and read about it in different threads or on google, it is evident that they will scrutinize your application. And the job Responsibilities is a must, so might as well give all relevant information so that they can verify it.
I understand that the scrutiny of my work history will be tighter under the circumstance, but other than that, if my employer is ready to assist with the bg check and with a new reference letter mentioning job duties in entirety, then would it be a trouble anymore?

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I just found out that I hadn't included a portion of my legit work experience on a temporary resident visa applied earlier (which was promptly refused).

Now I am claiming points for the said experience. I have the reference letters, pay slips and also a rudimentary job letter, no job duties specified, but I could arrange a separate letter mentioning that.

Do you think the fact that I had omitted the information in the TR form trouble me in my application?

And the reason I didn't include that back then was because it was part time work during studies, and I had apprehensions that V.O might question as to how could I work part time while being a full time student. I mean, I was convinced to an effect that it won't help my case if I included it.

So, would the discrepancy bug me now that I wish to claim points for it? :oops:
@rajapanesar any thoughts?

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
AND WHATEVER HE SAID, HE SAID IT BASED ON HIS OPINION. HIS COMMENT "NO CHANCE FOR BELOW 455" CAN MOTIVATE PEOPLE TO FIND OTHER WAYS TO SCORE MORE. RATHER THEN LIVING IN THE FALSE HOPES OF GETTING INVITED AT BLOW 455(IF THIS IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN), PEOPLE CAN GO FOR IELTS OR THINK ANY OTHER OPTIONS. IT ALL DEPENDS UPON HOW YOU VIEW THINGS. IT COULD BE THAT @facethereality WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP BY MAKING PEOPLE AWARE ABOUT WHAT CAN POSSIBLY HAPPEN.

I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN PEOPLE SAYING THAT THERE IS NO CHANCE IF YOU SCORE IS THIS AND THAT WHEN MY SCROE WAS NOT VERY GOOD. THAT DID NOT DEMOTIVATE ME AT ALL. COME TO THE FORUM ASK QUESTION AND IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE ANSWER DO NOT MIND THINK ABOUT THE ALTERNATIVES AND PREPARE WELL.
So let me tell you to all the reality people what is the difference here,
If someone has a low score and has very low to minimal chance of getting ITA, here is what you should ask before throwing your judgement,
1. Ask his age and NOC
2. According to the NOC, tell them if they have chance of getting any PNP nomination.
3. If none of them is possible, ask them if they could learn French, or go for master degree or get a Canadian degree.

So here is what you people answer to these questions,
1. Forget about it
2. Scores will never come down this year
3. Face the reality and move on.

So you see, here is the difference. There are polite ways to tell the truth and the fact.
And yes, the words you use, people will judge you and that's who you are.
This forum needs positive and educated people who can help each other and tell the facts in a polite way.

Hope you understand the difference now.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
From my conversation with a cic insider there was an uptick in 460+ scores over the last few days. I don't think cic score will come down the next draw. Maybe even a 1 point increase. Brace for impact.

Reactions: rajapanesar

bhanu1986

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
From my conversation with a cic insider there was an uptick in 460+ scores over the last few days. I don't think cic score will come down the next draw. Maybe even a 1 point increase. Brace for impact.
wow ... I partially agree with ur statement except "cic insider" ....what a crap.

Reactions: NikSharma01

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019

U don't think or your insider told you the score will not come down? Pls don't guess just be specific

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Was it a visitor visa?
If yes, does it need to have any other info about your work history other than present occupation? No
Then you need not worry.

Was it a student/working visa?
If yes, they do enquire about current and previous jobs and education. Do they vaguely know the details or do they need proper details, I'm not entirely sure.
If they have a vague info, you can apply just fine as it is.
If they have proper details, prepare a well written LOE. They're gonna know about the missing details, thoroughly. The reason is already present in your query, just explain it clearly to them.