+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 121st Draw

ShakthiH

Dec 12, 2018
You MUST obtain new LMIA for every work Permit application. The duration allowed before the LMIA expires is usually 6 months. Since a positive LMIA got you the present Permit.... I will choose YES to the question; was a positive LMIA issued for this job.
Yes, that's my initial thought as well.. But, when we create express entry profile, it asks for LMIA expiry date.. wonder what bearing would that have..

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Yes, that's my initial thought as well.. But, when we create express entry profile, it asks for LMIA expiry date.. wonder what bearing would that have..
Fill in your exact true position .... expiry date and LMIA number ... see if it'll still give you the 50 additional points. I believe people who have done this can contribute... but I am well aware that LMIA will usually have expired before you attain your 1 year of work experience!... and people have been claiming this point.
I did LMIA exempt so it's quite different... just get more information.

ShakthiH

Dec 12, 2018
Fill in your exact true position .... expiry date and LMIA number ... see if it'll still give you the 50 additional points. I believe people who have done this can contribute... but I am well aware that LMIA will usually have expired before you attain your 1 year of work experience!... and people have been claiming this point.
I did LMIA exempt so it's quite different... just get more information.
Thanks a ton! It has been helpful!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey Nithin, was that Alberta NOI you received? Don't we need a job offer for AOS? I read something like this in one website.
\To apply for the AOS, an applicant must have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer to work in his or her current occupation. The applicant must be working full-time for the employer in Alberta
I received Ontario NOI not Alberta.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks for sharing your response and I'll try as much as possible to convince them to give the letter but it as already been 330 days and it is still in review required stage as of now and my case is not touched for quite a long time, what could I infer from this is CIC expecting me to do something at my end or is CIC severely understaffed or are there too many applications to be processed right now.

By providing the updated reference letter will CIC work on my case ASAP ?
Yes. That will help for faster processing.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
At least that will refresh your application. I agree with @pessacanada. Don't give too much of details if it is not asked. That will make the situation over complicated and will lead to more processing delays. You can also talk to a CIC agent and ask if there is anything else you need to do from your end. Don't leave any threads open for assumptions.
That's correct. In my case I provided only one letter with all required details that was accepted by CIC. Make it simple for immigration officer.

sarak1812

May 21, 2019
Can a 8. Month coop considered as a canadian experience ? Coop is lmia exempt as far as I know . If yes then it will increase points ..

Please advise

jricardobt

Jun 12, 2019
An article I found online with the title

"Express Entry 6-Month Review: Is Canada On Target to Break 2018 Invitation Record?"

may be beneficial/educational, pretty long so here's the link:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/express-entry-6-month-review-canada-target-break-2018-colin-r-/
Excellent article. Either they raise the amount of ITAs per draw or it is time to say good bye to their goals. I am not very familiarized with the conservatives thoughts, but should we expect a halt on the immigration if (most likely when) they win the elections?

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
In order to get an ITA a month before your actual job completion date you would have to adjust your employment time elsewhere and in this case you would have to adjust your job start date. So, let’s say that in your EE application you have mentioned your job start date as August 1st but in your employment letter it’s mentioned as 1st September.

Now an officer reviewing your case (who is having a bad day) can construe this as misrepresentation of facts while some other officer (having a very good day) can let it slide after reading your LOE. So, I’d say it depends totally on the officer reviewing your case.

Personally I don’t think it’s a risk worth taking, consider the fact that you will need to wait for about 6 months after your submit your application, even if the officer ultimately approves your application you would keep worrying every single day of that waiting period, which I feel is far worse that waiting for another month or so.
I completely agree with your take on things. There are no grey areas in certain situations like this and no point misrepresenting things. The circumstance I was mentioning doesn't involve changing any dates on my express entry profile. Based on what I have read, the express entry system automatically adds points one month before the actual period is complete and in some cases the extra points leads to ITA's.

sarak1812

May 21, 2019
Excellent article. Either they raise the amount of ITAs per draw or it is time to say good bye to their goals. I am not very familiarized with the conservatives thoughts, but should we expect a halt on the immigration if (most likely when) they win the elections?
They will make it increase Crs scores or.tough to get in but halt is highly impossible.

Immigration is a big boast to economy of Canada hence whatever may be the case it will not stop and please note Canada policies are totally different from.USA. if you are thinking Scheer is trump of Canada then you are mistaken

You can't compare apples with oranges