Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
You need a letter with your full name. Try your best to get your full name in the letter. If you leave it as is, you are definitely getting yourself a "Review Required" in the near future and additional several months of processing on top of that
But at any case, my name on the employment records i.e on all salary slips, appraisal letters, joining letters etc. is Simranjeet Singh without the surname. What needs to be done. Do I need to make affadavit that I dont have surname in my employment records. Since just mentioning full name in my reference letter wont make a difference.

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Please can anyone share a format for affadavit mentioning different names.

Thanks in advance

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
But at any case, my name on the employment records i.e on all salary slips, appraisal letters, joining letters etc. is Simranjeet Singh without the surname. What needs to be done. Do I need to make affadavit that I dont have surname in my employment records. Since just mentioning full name in my reference letter wont make a difference.
You need notarized same name affidavit outlining the other names you have used if names are other than the one given in passport (search in this forum for a same name affidavit template and other useful pointers),.

Herlo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Guys, for the reference letter my team lead is ready to provide it to me. But the problem is that the company's HR dept will not provide the company letter head.. what do i do in this case?

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Guys, for the reference letter my team lead is ready to provide it to me. But the problem is that the company's HR dept will not provide the company letter head.. what do i do in this case?
why not? it should be on letter head and its your right .. r u inland?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I just got my reference letter from employer signed. I forgot to add my surname in the letter i.e I wrote Simranjeet Singh instead of Simranjeet Singh Vasdev as given in the passport.

Would it cause an issue?
I don't think so, as long as you supplement the reference letter with 06 months pay slips as well. I'd go one step further and preemptively add the job offer letter/ promotion letters as well. An LOE would also be good addition.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I got it signed from my immediate supervisor (on letterhead) and added his business card to make it more official.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
with 447, I don't think I see too much of a chance to keep my hope alive.

So, we have decided to re-take IELTS again. We have scope to improve our scores by another 6-10 points and started working towards it. Have booked for the slot, both for me and my spouse on August 1st. Initially, when we took IELTS, we were casual and took it for granted and did not think of such high cut off's. it was 452 but lost 5 points in April and WES got delayed and by the time we created our profile, lost 5 points and scores were as high as 470.

But now instead of waiting for the miracle to happen and scores to come down, we have decided to work towards improving our score first. We better chase the score rather than to wait for the scores to come down. April 2020 and we will lose another 5 points because of age and literally stands no chance to get an ITA. I have 9 more months, maybe 1-2 times re-take the test and will work towards improving the score for the next few months.
That's the spirit man. If there is room for improvement in score, we should always aim for that. I just stated that a few days ago in a very positive manner in response to a person asking for advice for his chances on score at 417 and a person indirectly referred to it as a negative post.

If a person is giving his honest opinion in a positive manner with the genuine purpose of helping others from his experience, he or she should not be discouraged from doing so. We're all in the same boat. Let's learn from each other and excel together.

Reactions: beluluba

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
I don't think so, as long as you supplement the reference letter with 06 months pay slips as well. I'd go one step further and preemptively add the job offer letter/ promotion letters as well. An LOE would also be good addition.
I understand but the name in my employment records in without the surname. While my educational records and passport has my surname. Do I need to make an affadavit for the same or a LOE would suffice?

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
I understand but the name in my employment records in without the surname. While my educational records and passport has my surname. Do I need to make an affadavit for the same or a LOE would suffice?
Already commented earlier, you need a notarized same name affidavit, my name is different in almost every needed documents (Education and work documents, bank documents) than my passport.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@Nik when will 458,459,have ITAs?
I already mentioned that previously. As per the current trend the cut-off may touch 458-459 by the end of July.

There's been a lot of discussion about the increased size of ITAs. So, in case IRCC decides to go up to 3900 from July 10, and thereafter continues with the same number along with bi-monthly draws, by when can we expect the score to go down to 448 (my score) or 447 (so that the tie breaker doesn't mess it up for me :-D)
@13nitinsharma, @NikSharma01 @EnthuChap and anyone else who's good with calculations, kindly share your input.
Most probably in the Quarter 3 of this year i.e. from Oct-Dec!

Yes, you can prepare an LOE as well, stating your problem but then again you will have to get it stamped or notarised!!

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019
I already mentioned that previously. As per the current trend the cut-off may touch 458-459 by the end of July.

Most probably in the Quarter 3 of this year i.e. from Oct-Dec!

Yes, you can prepare an LOE as well, stating your problem but then again you will have to get it stamped or notarised!!
Do you think 456 can be reached in September? Or late August? Thank you!

Reactions: Angel1113