+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

ravinder_singh

Apr 11, 2019
On a side note, I was thinking if we must all try and practice trades in parallel like carpenter, welder etc. Those guys are going through at 332! With no PNP programs suitable for most of our NOCs, is that a viable option. Not trying to demean them but they get through with less.
To get through via FST you need trade certification from one of the province. Trade certification is only issued when you apply and perform the trade (welding, plumbing, machinist) in front of the authorities in canada. Or you have a canadian trade experience. Either case makes this four fold difficult.
Besides this, only 1/2 special draws a year. This year draw had a tie breaker of August/2018.
Just practice and trying such trades wont be enough. Believe me its a much difficult way of geeting than FSW.

Reactions: EnthuChap

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
On a side note, I was thinking if we must all try and practice trades in parallel like carpenter, welder etc. Those guys are going through at 332! With no PNP programs suitable for most of our NOCs, is that a viable option. Not trying to demean them but they get through with less.
Going to Canada for Masters and getting 30 additional points is wiser and efficient approach than exploring FST route.

Canada has some very good programs such as Rotman MBA

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@NikSharma01 @Shishir Chandra Kumar @IeltsDream2019 @skg1988 @prsingh @ripul and others - Here we go, Let’s start with him and block this guy. Go to his profile and click on ignore button so that we can’t see his negativity!
Exactly! I don't understand why these kind of people even keep joining this thread when they are utterly pessimistic. I think they don't even know the importance of Ray of hope and to me they seems to be the extreme supporters of Conservative Party! Lol
If you can't support others then I'm afraid you're at wrong place !!

Shishir Chandra Kumar

Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
Nomination.....
17-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
IELTS Request
24/11/2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2019
Reactions: 13nitinsharma

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ok makes sense. On a different note, since you folks are around 40, how confident you were of getting an equivalent job in Canada? As the age progresses, doesn't it become more difficult?
That is something I am thinking as well. I am 33 years old working as a Manager in a tier 2 management consulting company. I am already on the partner track and will become partner/MD in 3-4 years. As I just switched to a different firm they may not send me to their Canada office soon. I am planning to secure PR myself and then will request them to transfer me to their local Canadian office (like as a local resource). So, keeping all options open for now.

Teenz

Star Member
May 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28 September 2019
File Transfer...
24 October 2019
I agree with you, hope should burn eternal. But while waiting for the scores to come down, if someone can spare about 2-3 hours a day from their lives they could be almost guaranteed a higher CRS / PNP within a year's time

"Realistic estimates in the field of linguistics have studied the number of hours really needed to learn a language like French and be able to communicate well. The Common European Framework for Reference for Languages, for example, uses a "Guided Learning Hours" framework to measure the amount of classroom time total needed to reach a B2 (high intermediate) level and assumes that for every one hour of classroom time, learners will spend two hours of independent study time. In the end, this equates to a total of between 1,000 and 1,200 hours." -https://www.rocketlanguages.com/french/learn/how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-french

There's nothing stopping people from hoping and working harder to increase your scores. A second language test even at just CLB 7 would give a huge boost to your CRS scores. On average people work 2-2.5 k hours a year, if they push harder they can manage another few hours every day or on weekends and get to a satisfactory second language skill to get a PR.

Hope yes, but also try.
Has anybody tried French test? In how much estimated time can we learn French from a beginner level?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
All,

For now, below profile names need to be blocked:

1. keyur sharma
2. navinball
3. facethereality

Click on their profile and then, click on “Ignore”.

It’s time to clean the garbage now!

Once done, please leave a message. I’ve done it!
Done. Bloked all off them already.

Totally agree. Need to block the negativity. Positive vibe only in this thread. People who bring negativity clearly don't understand what ROH thread means.

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Thing is blocking is not enough. They will create new profiles or already have multiple ones. (where do they get the time) Anyways.. whenever i see a negative post i just try my best to avoid giving it attention.

B mentally strong:cool: skip!

Also,B +ve(luckily got that blood as well):D

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Thing is blocking is not enough. They will create new profiles or already have multiple ones. (where do they get the time) Anyways.. whenever i see a negative post i just try my best to avoid giving it attention.

That is right. It is very easy to spread "gyaan" when one is on the other side of the fence. Only the ones who have struggled to improve profiles (such as taking IELTS multiple times, doing a second degree, learning French etc.) know the pain it takes to become successful.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada

Let them create new profiles, we'll block those as well. Some people need right treatment and they don't understand that they're good for nothing.

By clicking on "Ignore" button automatically hide their messages, and we can't see them anymore. How many profiles they'll create? 10-20??? I'll make sure to block all of them everytime :)

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Has anybody tried French test? In how much estimated time can we learn French from a beginner level?
From my research, anywhere between 10 months to 2 years. It depends on three things:

1) The amount of effort you want to put into it on a daily basis (1-2 hrs)
2) The price you are willing to pay (i.e. sacrifice your evenings/nights after work/studies)
3) Your passion and determination to fully immersive into the language

If learning French is the only thing that can bring your score up, I will say go for it.

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
That is right. It is very easy to spread "gyaan" when one is on the other side of the fence. Only the ones who have struggled to improve profiles (such as taking IELTS multiple times, doing a second degree, learning French etc.) know the pain it takes to become successful.
I can understand that and I am not giving any sort of gyaan. Trying my best to not share my personal agony.... but i am thinking my best to not get succumbed to negative posts or thoughts.

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I can understand that and I am not giving any sort of gyaan. Trying my best to not share my personal agony.... but i am thinking my best to not get succumbed to negative posts or thoughts.
Totally agree with you buddy. My post was for "that group" who feel entitled and privileged to say anything just because they have made it :)

Reactions: AB17

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Bro, I've been noticing their negative & useless comments since Jan 30th draw. We've been avoiding and not replying to them but they love to be insulted again and again. So, now it's high time and we'll block them everytime. Not even a single post from them will be entertained and will be useless for sure!

Reactions: AB17