+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
How do you know this? I havent heard anything about this. I do not think the government will change anything. Changing immigration policy takes a lot of years
the target was approx 1 million and each year IRCC had planned to get ~333k( from 2017- to early 2020). the immigrants landed since 2017 are close to 830k. This number is not just express entry.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
the target was approx 1 million and each year IRCC had planned to get ~333k( from 2017- to early 2020). the immigrants landed since 2017 are close to 830k. This number is not just express entry.
I'm afraid, it was not exactly 1 million, infact more than this, approx 1.3 million people to be immigrated.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
You are right about increasing crs points.

I have 2 friends, they are both dear to me. One is crying and panicking all the time by saying there's no way to increase his crs.
Another one is not paying attention to the crs increase or decrease, instead he is learning French. He is almost there.

Now, they have been waiting ita opportunity for a yearor even more. And I believe that the one who is learning French would get his ita very soon coz he can get at least 42 additional points for knowing 2nd language. It would increase his crs up to 470+.
All in all, guys you know the situation, you came to know CIC game and now face to the reality: do your best to increase your crs. Learn French, get second degree or master's degree. You would have enough time. Don't waste your precious time and please don't say "forget about Canada". Only weak ones would mention it.

Don't act only with your mouth, do smth with your brain too and I'm sure everyone has a wonderfully powerful brain. If someone did it, so you can too.

Make action brothers and sisters.

Cheers
Hey, don't forget me, who just finished a Canadian master's degree and is trying to get an Ontario nomination. My journey started in 2016. The rules have changed a few times since I began. The best bet is to continue to find a way to improve points. BTW, for those studying french, Ontario has a french stream nomination if you can score all 7s.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I had a similar story but was little lucky towards the end. I got IELTS results in Oct 2018. However, at this point, my wife did not have passport... Lol.. there was me with two passports (one expired) and she without any :)

Therefore, I applied through normal mode instead of Tatkaal - to save 1500 rupees...yes, it was stupid of me to act miser on this front !!!!!. It took 3 weeks instead of one week, which resulted in delay in booking IELTS exam for her. We booked 5 Jan exam instead of 16 Dec and on 25 Dec, she had to undergo an emergency surgery which resulted in further delay. Finally, we booked 19 Jan whose result came on 1 Feb. On 1 Feb, we had a score of 451 but since we missed the 30 Jan draw, it resulted in a huge delay of 3 months to get ITA.

Had I applied Tatkaal passport for her, she would have given exam before her medical surgery and we would have gotten ITA much earlier.

On the WES front too, I acted miser -
1. Waited for positive IELTS result before booking WES evaluation.
2. Used a normal free delivery (instead of $25 courier) to send my transcripts from Stanford University to WES. The mail took 21 days to reach Toronto.

Fortunately, WES was not the weakest link in the chain. The final delay was caused due to delay in my wife's IELTS.

Lessons learnt - don't act miser when time is not on your side.
Just curious. Why did you use WES? My husband and I used ICAS and had good experiences.

What's your Stanford degree?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I every now and then spend some time looking at Which city, where i will be staying, where i will be working... how will i get rental apartment if i dont have employment letter, Canada bank credit score etc etc.

Thing which gets me most is thinking about living in BASEMENT. 8/10 immigrants live in basements for initial period... and that would be hardest for me being claustrophobic... :( or else have to shell out more money.
The basement apartments are not that bad as long as it's all your own.

Reactions: Dheana90

Srinivas52

May 29, 2019
You will get it for sure. It has a few hours delay and not all at once. I just got it a few minutes ago. 474 points here.

Overall, I would say a lot of graduates from Canadian schools coming out in Apr-May, so a lot of high points in the pool. A Canadian Master degree+ 1 year of work experience+ CLB9 already fetch more than 470 points. Gg.

I got the ITA around 4:04PM.

Srinivas52

May 29, 2019
That is not true.
Srinivas will get its ITA in the next hours. The "Tie breaker rule" is to select profile with the same score, ie profile with score=470 only.
You were spot on. I saw the rules for tie-breaker yesterday and understood the ground rules. Thanks for your clarification.

Reactions: Bloum

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey, don't forget me, who just finished a Canadian master's degree and is trying to get an Ontario nomination. My journey started in 2016. The rules have changed a few times since I began. The best bet is to continue to find a way to improve points. BTW, for those studying french, Ontario has a french stream nomination if you can score all 7s.
Can't forget you my old friend. Any news on your application? Are you still in Canada or back in the US?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Can't forget you my old friend. Any news on your application? Are you still in Canada or back in the US?
Working hard to convince oinp I lived in Toronto for a year. They calculated it at 3 months, so trying to fix that. Graduated last Friday. Am in US with my hubby at the moment. Job hunting.

How about you? Enjoying Canada? How's the "no longer little" one?

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Hey, do you guys know why these was such a sharp increase in CRS in the latest draw?

I have paid attention to CRS continously, this is unusual....

I personally think that this is due to the previous draw being program specific (500 invitations). Therefore, we can assume there have been 4 weeks separated from the last normal draw. The intake of 451-500 applicants have accumulated that the cutoff is high.

Indeed, the cutoff depends on the rate of high-score applicant entering the pool versus the rate of removing these people by ITA every two weeks.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2148 or 0124
Entered EE pool on the 14th of May with a score of 459 and I was sure that I would receive an ITA the very next day. Well, that didn't happen, and today we witnessed this 470 CRS fiasco due to 4 weeks delay in draw. With a birthday on 2nd of July I can't help; but worry if I'll receive an ITA by draw 120.
from what ive learned so far, i think even if you would have got ITA in 119th round, you would be in situation where your ITA and eAPR age factor vary. This is the case when points for the later one are considered.