+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
The tie-break used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in the May 29 draw was May 23, 2019, at 10:18:56 UTC. This means that all candidates with a CRS score above 470, as well as those with scores of 470 who entered their profile in the Express Entry pool before this date and time, received an ITA.
No, tie breaker holds good for the ones who have same score as cut off.. those who have higher score are not affected by tie breaker

Reactions: Dheana90

alibutt2013

Sep 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th may 2013
Med's Request
11th september 2013
Med's Done....
17th september 2013
Passport Req..
already submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27th november 2013
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
This process is very draining and it an emotional roller coaster. CIC should do draws with a health warning "not for the faint hearted" or "Please see your doctor first before checking the draw".

huesso

May 28, 2019
Nigeria. Where are you? I was really optimistic creating my profile 3 weeks ago, but I'm drained now.
I am in the US right now, but will be losing my work authorization soon aka the H1B debacle. Same, had high hopes 3 weeks ago, got all my docs done PCCs etc, just the medical is pending. Hard luck, with the backlog that has been created, I anticipate the scores wont really go down a lot in the near future. And all I see is a surge in people applying! I dont know what lies ahead now. I have maxed out the IELTS scores. A job offer or PNP could do the trick, and I have been applying to companies in Canada with limited luck so far. PNP for a Software Engineer NOC seems really far fetched too.

alibutt2013

Sep 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th may 2013
Med's Request
11th september 2013
Med's Done....
17th september 2013
Passport Req..
already submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27th november 2013
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
I can help you out a bit with my analysis if it helps.

DRAW PREDICTION:

Draw 119 - June 12 - 3350 ITAs - CRS 463

Variance is +/- 2.
Your predictions are always on point. I stand behind this one. Next draw is going to be 463

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
I am in the US right now, but will be losing my work authorization soon aka the H1B debacle. Same, had high hopes 3 weeks ago, got all my docs done PCCs etc, just the medical is pending. Hard luck, with the backlog that has been created, I anticipate the scores wont really go down a lot in the near future. And all I see is a surge in people applying! I dont know what lies ahead now. I have maxed out the IELTS scores. A job offer or PNP could do the trick, and I have been applying to companies in Canada with limited luck so far. PNP for a Software Engineer NOC seems really far fetched too.
Well, if your US employer is OK with you working remotely in Canada, there are startups that handle that thru Global Talent Steam which essentially gives your the points for a PR.

May 23, 2019
whats the guess for June 12th draw ?
Around 2000 are 450 + in the pool as of today which can easily increase to 5000+ by June 12th..
and no guarantee that there is going to a draw on June 12th
this is so stressful... :(

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Looking for some inputs/suggestions:

I was planning to do an online professional certificate course with University of Waterloo to make sure my wait time does not go to waste. A canadian credential might be useful for job searching later (I did my bachelors from Bangladesh and Masters from Germany).

I got a masters equivalent already, so do you think an online certificate could help me increase my CRS score? Overall, do you think it will be useful at all for job searches?

Last edited:

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any rule to get invitation like I have to create profile before 7 or 10 days of next draw?

rishi-92

May 27, 2019
Mumbai
App. Filed.......
01-02-2019

I was planning to do an online professional certificate course with University of Waterloo to make sure my wait time does not go to waste. A canadian credential might be useful for job searching later (I did my bachelors from Bangladesh and Masters from Germany).

I got a masters equivalent already, so do you think an online certificate could have any impact on my CRS score? Overall, do you think it will be useful at all for job searches?
As per my understanding after Masters, PHD is the only option that would boost your CRS score. So doing an online course wouldn't benefit much with reference to the CRS, but if online education from a Canadian university is considered as Canadian education in the CRS then it is a different ball game altogether. For job search since your existing credentials are equivalent to masters I currently don't see a need for you acquiring an extra certification. Once you get there, try doing the certification then depending on the field you would be pursuing.

Btw what's your CRS score?

Apr 30, 2019
I wouldn't have considered trying for a PNP before but I may have to now. Will prefer to aim for a job offer. I hope the score drops soon because my soul cannot withstand crashing like this one.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
As per my understanding after Masters, PHD is the only option that would boost your CRS score. So doing an online course wouldn't benefit much with reference to the CRS, but if online education from a Canadian university is considered as Canadian education in the CRS then it is a different ball game altogether. For job search since your existing credentials are equivalent to masters I currently don't see a need for you acquiring an extra certification. Once you get there, try doing the certification then depending on the field you would be pursuing.

Btw what's your CRS score?
Thanks, I was trying to figure out if it makes sense to invest my time and money into it right now.
My CRS is currently 448.

tntv

May 2, 2019

I got a masters equivalent already, so do you think an online certificate could help me increase my CRS score? Overall, do you think it will be useful at all for job searches?
An online certificate would certainly help in job searching and increase your chance to land a job here but I'm not quite sure about whether it would boost your points. It would need to fall into certain criteria to be considered valid for points as well. Do you mind to share your current points and your english, credentials, and working experience so we could get a big picture whether you actually need that cert?