+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
@IeltsDream2019

I am writing here after a considerable time. Let me tell you this:

1. Attempting Canada PR since 2015, been viewing on ROH Even before you were born on this thread. Spouse 9 and self 3 Ielts attempts. Maxed out everything. Both of us working in high pressure jobs with 2 growing kids.
2. Age closing to 40. Current CRS 446, losing another 5 in July.
3. Started off with CRS 402, went to 406 when the cutoff reached 413 in May 2017. Reached 435 in 2018, lost 5 to reach 431 in last July, and the scores never went below that. Got another 15 sibling points this April to reach 446, was hoping the scores would drop from 450 in sometime before July.
4. Never received OINP NOI for whatever their criteria, was always in the score range. So no luck with PNP either.

STILL FEELING SUICIDAL? Grow up and move on, take it with a pinch of salt. You are your world and not what’s happening around. It is taxing at times, but know this, not everyone gets everything. Try looking at people below you (in real life also, not just at low CRS scorer’s : LOL), and I bet you will be happy and thankful.

Catch hold of your thoughts man!! Things come and go!!

not all dreams turn real... and I tell you from my experience.. I dreamt of Miss World for my life, but didn’t get her..!!

PS: Just relaxing you and everyone here, a bit after the 470 cutoff draw, no offence meant to anyone.

Thanks.
I'm equally sad, inspired, comforted and overwhelmed all at same time reading about your journey..

I pray that we all get strength to endure this struggle and get the much deserved ITA..
I don't want this struggle to sum up nothing..

I think the only factors we lack from gaining 460+ is marriage, Canada education and experience and sibling points.. rest we are more than qualified than them..

@13nitinsharma @NikSharma01

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I'm equally sad, inspired, comforted and overwhelmed all at same time reading about your journey..

I pray that we all get strength to endure this struggle and get the much deserved ITA..

I think the only factors we lack from gaining 460+ is marriage, Canada education and experience and sibling points.. rest we are more than qualified than them..

First of all, trust God and believe in yourself!

If you look behind and see, there’re so many applicants who’re still struggling and trying their level best just to enter into the pool. Some are stuck with IELTS, stuck with pending ECA reports, stuck with financial support, stuck with any other reasons. You should feel blessed that you’re ahead of those people.

If you can’t just bear the pressure of invitation rounds or not getting ITA’s (just a bad phase) then how will you manage your life once you’re in Canada? The struggle is hard and you should never feel demotivated. Always be thankful to God since he has given you such a beautiful life and you’re blessed as always!

Look at me, I’m still waiting for my ITA since Jan 30th draw. My score is 450 and the draw on May 1 was at 450 too but I lost in tie-breaker. I was so close but I didn’t get it. That’s a fact and I accepted. Always remember, during your bad phase of life, never let your positive vibes go and have faith in god.

Everything happens for a reason and this is just a bad phase, this shall too pass. Carry a smile on your face and never feel demotivated. Good luck and stay stronger.

It’s not over until you WIN. Keep your Chins Up and Hopes high :)

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
I cant even imagine what you would be going through bro. Sometimes life seems so challenging and other times unfair. I truly hope you get the best in life.

One question - did you try for Australia? I have some reasons to choose Canada but are you too dead set on Canada?[/QUOTE

I don’t fit in for Australia, not on their demand occupations. Again, I am not much keen too, like you said.

Thanks.

MWCW2018

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Can someone explain that how the hell people are getting such a high score? Whats the main driving factor?

ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED!! Australian PR fell through and now this.
Basically, to get to 470, if you don't have Canadian experience, family in Canada, a job offer, or provincial nomination, you need to

1) Be 30 or younger
2) Get CLB 9 and above in all four language skills to get an extra CRS 50 points
3) Have education ABOVE a bachelors
4) At least three years of experience in your NOC outside of Canada

Here's my example:

Age: 30, CELPIP: 12,12,10,9, Education: Masters, Work Experience Outside Canada in NOC: 2 years and CRS = 448.

For my draw in August, the CRS cutoff was 440. I got an ITA the day after submitting my application (there was a draw the next day). I got COPR 6 months after (2 months of gathering documents post-ITA and 4 months of waiting after that).

If I were to get one less point on CELPIP (I took this instead of IELTS), I would be at 398. Since I wouldn't be at CRS 9 and above in all 4 language skills, I would have lost 50 points.

If I were to keep high language score, 3 years of experience, but only have a bachelors instead of a Masters degree, CRS = 433.

However, when I keep my high CELPIP score and I were to finish a third year of work experience (I only had two when I applied, but now I have three) in a NOC outside Canada, CRS = 473.

So there is a path to CRS 470.

You could also learn French.

Last edited:
Reactions: WantToImmigrate

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

Keep yourself motivated dear!

Let me give you a little note about my journey. It's been more than a year since I'm in this race. I cleared my exam in the second attempt back in August 2018. I could have been entered the pool much earlier, unfortunately I wasn't having an ECA report for my credentials.

My CRS is 444 and in 2018 cut-off revolved around it only. I opted for ECA in September 2018 and thought it would be done within 3 months, however I got stucked in the secondary verification process. (reason: WES changed its rule about not to accept documents sent directly by the applicants).

So, this way the ECA journey was stretched to 5 months and I got it this year only on 1st February 2019. Lol, but damage was already done, as I missed the January 30th draw with a close hit. I entered into the pool on 5th Feb. I was quute confident about my chance, but then another tragedy hapoend that was 3-weeks gap and the cut off went high 457. Due to which we're still suffering and now 444 seems a distant dream for Canada. At certain point, I got a feeling of being unlucky because right after my entrance in pool score spiked to later 450s.

Now, I'm up for another shot of IELTS but still quite sceptical about my chances in future whether I will make it or not. Anyways, someday our time will come, God is there watching our efforts. He won't let it be wasted! Remember, "Failure is a fog through which we glimpse triumph! "
So stay positive and keep your chin up.

Last edited:

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Quick question guys, specially to change the mood.

I don't have all the salary slips of my first job and they didn't agree to write the package on reference letter. I have last 6 payslips though and all the increment letters.
Would it be enough to show the bank statements of that time period, statement clearly says salary credited.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada

I don't have all the salary slips of my first job and they didn't agree to write the package on reference letter. I have last 6 payslips though and all the increment letters.
Would it be enough to show the bank statements of that time period, statement clearly says salary credited.
Yes

Reactions: ripul

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Keep yourself motivated dear!

Let me give you a little note about my journey. It's been more than a year since I'm in this race. I cleared my exam in the second attempt back in August 2018. I could have been entered the pool much earlier, unfortunately I wasn't having an ECA report for my credentials.

My CRS is 444 and in 2018 cut-off revolved around it only. I opted for ECA in September 2018 and thought it would be done within 3 months, however I got stucked in the secondary verification process. (reason: WES changed its rule about not to accept documents sent directly by the applicants).

So, this way the ECA journey was stretched to 5 months and I got it this year only on 1st February 2019. Lol, but damage was already done, as I missed the January 30th draw with a close hit. I entered into the pool on 5th Feb. I was quute confident about my chance, but then another tragedy hapoend that was 3-weeks gap and the cut off went high 457. Due to which we're still suffering and now 444 seems a distant dream for Canada. At certain point, I got a feeling of being unlucky because right after my entrance in pool score spiked to later 450s.

Now, I'm up for another shot of IELTS but still quite sceptical about my chances in future whether I will make it or not. Anyways, someday our time will come, God is there watching our efforts. He won't let it be wasted! Remember, "Failure is a fog through which we glimpse triumph! "
So stay positive and keep your chin up.
Thanks dear.. my story is same as you, ECA took 4.5 months and then scores spiked..
Waiting at 445, I'm giving IELTS CBT tomorrow.. let's see what happens..
This will be very first attempt to CBT only because of faster results..
All the luck for your exam!! May we get Max out of that... God bless...

Reactions: NikSharma01

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
First of all, trust God and believe in yourself!

If you look behind and see, there’re so many applicants who’re still struggling and trying their level best just to enter into the pool. Some are stuck with IELTS, stuck with pending ECA reports, stuck with financial support, stuck with any other reasons. You should feel blessed that you’re ahead of those people.

If you can’t just bear the pressure of invitation rounds or not getting ITA’s (just a bad phase) then how will you manage your life once you’re in Canada? The struggle is hard and you should never feel demotivated. Always be thankful to God since he has given you such a beautiful life and you’re blessed as always!

Look at me, I’m still waiting for my ITA since Jan 30th draw. My score is 450 and the draw on May 1 was at 450 too but I lost in tie-breaker. I was so close but I didn’t get it. That’s a fact and I accepted. Always remember, during your bad phase of life, never let your positive vibes go and have faith in god.

Everything happens for a reason and this is just a bad phase, this shall too pass. Carry a smile on your face and never feel demotivated. Good luck and stay stronger.

It’s not over until you WIN. Keep your Chins Up and Hopes high :)
Thanks dear.. you are one of the best people who truly carry the spirit of hope! May you get speedy ITA..

Reactions: Dheana90

SG1507

May 30, 2019
Hi guys,

I have been following ROH 118 and 119 religiously since May 12th when I entered the pool. This is the only page that gives me hopes and puts me at ease while seeing CIC act all unpredictable and nerve wracking.
Big thanks to all of you.

I am an inland applicant with CRS of 454 (common-law file).

My WP expires on July 8,2019 and my fiancé's WP expires in 2021.

Do you'll think the scores might go down in draws before July 8?

I do not wish to quit my job and stay here on Visitor's visa :(

Are there any other options with which I can work and wait for invitation beyond July 8??

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Basically, to get to 470, if you don't have Canadian experience, family in Canada, a job offer, or provincial nomination, you need to

1) Be 30 or younger
2) Get CLB 9 and above in all four language skills to get an extra CRS 50 points
3) Have education ABOVE a bachelors
4) At least three years of experience in your NOC outside of Canada

Here's my example:

Age: 30, CELPIP: 12,12,10,9, Education: Masters, Work Experience Outside Canada in NOC: 2 years and CRS = 448.

For my draw in August, the CRS cutoff was 440. I got an ITA the day after submitting my application (there was a draw the next day). I got COPR 6 months after (2 months of gathering documents post-ITA and 4 months of waiting after that).

If I were to get one less point on CELPIP (I took this instead of IELTS), I would be at 398. Since I wouldn't be at CRS 9 and above in all 4 language skills, I would have lost 50 points.

If I were to keep high language score, 3 years of experience, but only have a bachelors instead of a Masters degree, CRS = 433.

However, when I keep my high CELPIP score and I were to finish a third year of work experience (I only had two when I applied, but now I have three) in a NOC outside Canada, CRS = 473.

So there is a path to CRS 470.

You could also learn French.
You are right about increasing crs points.

I have 2 friends, they are both dear to me. One is crying and panicking all the time by saying there's no way to increase his crs.
Another one is not paying attention to the crs increase or decrease, instead he is learning French. He is almost there.

Now, they have been waiting ita opportunity for a yearor even more. And I believe that the one who is learning French would get his ita very soon coz he can get at least 42 additional points for knowing 2nd language. It would increase his crs up to 470+.
All in all, guys you know the situation, you came to know CIC game and now face to the reality: do your best to increase your crs. Learn French, get second degree or master's degree. You would have enough time. Don't waste your precious time and please don't say "forget about Canada". Only weak ones would mention it.

Don't act only with your mouth, do smth with your brain too and I'm sure everyone has a wonderfully powerful brain. If someone did it, so you can too.

Make action brothers and sisters.

Cheers

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,

I have been following ROH 118 and 119 religiously since May 12th when I entered the pool. This is the only page that gives me hopes and puts me at ease while seeing CIC act all unpredictable and nerve wracking.
Big thanks to all of you.

I am an inland applicant with CRS of 454 (common-law file).

My WP expires on July 8,2019 and my fiancé's WP expires in 2021.

Do you'll think the scores might go down in draws before July 8?

I do not wish to quit my job and stay here on Visitor's visa :(

Are there any other options with which I can work and wait for invitation beyond July 8??
You are inland applicant, try to get LMIA job to get extra 50 points if you haven't done so.

Reactions: SG1507

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW

That's fine and explain everything in your LoE.

Reactions: ripul