+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Project got ramped up and been busy with KT and new project training bruv. But following the thread as usual. So its ITA day for you. Hope the wait is over today..
Well, today's draw is again packed with unexpected surprises. Even though 450 is predictable score, I believe that the tie-breaker date will play a crucial role today and I'm not sure if I would be able to get through (my profile was created on Feb 28th). So, I'm assuming chances are 50%, rest let's see how CIC play this time with us!

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
I did some digging, and this is what I found -

Visa or other document not to be issued

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.

• Marginal note: Exceptions

(2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or
    • (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and
      • (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application.

Please note the red text, which is an exception. So based on this, I may be able to sail through if the cutoff is below 448 and I submit my post ITA application on 29th June, that is when I complete 3 years.

What do you think? @13nitinsharma @patel_d07 @indpnv @jkaur95

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.

(2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or
    • (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and
      • (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application.

Please note the red text, which is an exception. So based on this, I may be able to sail through if the cutoff is below 448 and I submit my post ITA application on 29th June, that is when I complete 3 years.

In order to claim 3 years of work experience one must work for a period of 3 years. It is still your responsibility to ensure that you're claiming the right number of years of work experience. Please proceed if you're OK but you may face issues at later stage of your application.

I would suggest not to complicate things since anyhow you would need to wait till June end. Rest, upto you how do you want to proceed. Good luck!

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States

Yeah that makes sense. Question, Would you have a reference letter from your current employer till that date when you submit the application?