+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 116th Draw

jkaur95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Better change the month to keep it at 448 till June 30th instead of keeping it at 473 and declining it.
Someone else could get the ITA :)
Exactly.. my case is similar. I’ll complete 3years of experience on June 15 and will get 25 points. I haven’t updated it yet because even if I receive ITA with updated score, I have to wait till June 15 to submit my profile.

Reactions: Queenslander88

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
Just out of curiosity, What is your start date of your employment as your end date seems to be end of the calendar month?

You enter just the month and year in the EE profile and am guessing it considers from the 1st day of the month you entered in the profile.

Company A

Joining date: 15/06/2016
End date: 27/05/2018

Company B (Current)

Joining date: 12/06/2018

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
It happened because system consider a format of Month/year to calculate your work experience. So, if you have started your job on any date in june 2018, It will consider a year on 1st of may 2019. I suggest you should decline.
Please read this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Yes, I think I'll decline.

jkaur95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Company A
Joining date: 15/06/2016
End date: 27/05/2018

Company B (Current)

Joining date: 12/06/2018
You can remove your second work history from your profile because anyhow your first experience is more than one year. I haven’t added my current experience yet.

Reactions: indpnv

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
Exactly.. my case is similar. I’ll complete 3years of experience on June 15 and will get 25 points. I haven’t updated it yet because even if I receive ITA with updated score, I have to wait till June 15 to submit my profile.
Thanks. So you haven't added the details of that job in your profile?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Yeah, I'm going to remove the current experience and leave it at that. Let's see if the cutoff goes below 448.
Read your post, I think this will be a fair step. You should delete your current experience and wait with your 448 score. Two important things to notice here:

1. If you go ahead with your updated 473 score, anyhow you'll have to wait to complete your experience till June end. Since you get 60 days to submit your application, you can't do anything with this and at later stage, apparently will have to decline ITA.
2. If you remove your current experience and wait with 448 score, you'll help one needy person (who has 448+ score) and save the ITA.

Hope this helps!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Guys, I need help/tips here with reference letters. I have worked in 4 organisations so far, starting from 2013.

Company A - Aug 13 - Mar 15 (Flatly refused to issue reference letter, but have all legit documents)
Company B - Mar 15 - Apr 16 (Company shut down, but I have all legit documents like, offer letter, increment letter, salary slips, exp letter, etc)
Company C - May 16 - Aug 17 (Requested ref letter, hopefully will get)
Company D - Aug 17 - Present (Issuing ref letter in next week)

What should I do if the company I was working for shut down and there is no way to get ref letter?

Is there an alternative for reference letter? like notarised declaration or something?
Are following documents sufficient if ref letter not issues?
offer letter, increment letter, salary slips, bank statement, exp letter

Please help me with this. I have collected all other docs except reference letter.
You should submit your reference letters for Company C and Company D only since you'll easily claim your 3 years of experience.

Company A and B are not required and you can mention details of these two in personal history post ITA.

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
Just noticed something curious : My CRS did not go up if I updated my work experience (in CRS calculator) to 2 years. Why is that? I would have thought that 1 year work experience CRS points < 2 years work experience CRS points < 3+ years work experience CRS points. Is that not so?

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Well! Wonderful Wednesday is back and with it shaanoh!

Am so not looking fwd to this draw since its gonna be a 450 cut off. Good luck vth 450 and plus scores. And to 460+ ppl, don't post do we have a chance? Ofcourse you don't if you know what I mean?

Cheers
Shab

Reactions: skg1988