+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 114th Draw

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Friends including @abhishek_89 @13nitinsharma @skg1988 :

I think the cut-off in the next draw on 3 April should be same as that on 17 April.

Reason - Extent of benefit from "No IELTS result" would be offset by the "clearing of backlog" thereby getting us to the short-term mean in the coming draw itself. Therefore, the downward push on cut-off would wane beginning the next draw itself. In summary, the cut-offs for the next three draws until 3 May would be all same or +/- 1 of each other.

This is just prediction based on certain assumptions and calculations. This may or many not hold true :)
If draws continue with 3350 ITAs /2week, minimum 400 candaidates would be taken from 441-450 score in the following draws as on an average 200-210 candidates of score 451or more are entering into the pool with ''one ielts result''. I think no ielts result for 3rd april will clear the backlog above 451 and should drop to 449. 449+/-1 would be more accurate.
However, my prediction would be -2 (+/-1) in the following draw, on 17 april, as the number of candidates with 446-450 might not be same as 451-457.
I think its a bit early to predict next 2-3 draws because surprises has become more frequent in past 4 months as compared to 2018.
Let's hope for the best!!!
Cheers
Suraj

Last edited:

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
That's why it is advised to wait until 2 draws out, before you finalize any decision!
The next available dates for paper based ielts are 6th april and 27th april whereas expected next 2 draws are on 3rd april and 17th april. It's better to book on 17th april late night for 27 th april.
It won't be needed, highly optimistic!!;);)

Last edited:

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
She can claim points for a year of canadian work experience but she cannot claim points for having a valid job offer.
I am still not following you. It would be great if you can explain a little bit. If I have a job offer letter, full time and skill A with roles mentioned in it, can I not claim the points?

Excerpt from CA website.

Generally, a valid offer is for a job that is:
  • full-time and non-seasonal,
  • for at least one year,
  • in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2016
  • A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work.

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Can anyone help me with the documents I can submit for experience- I’m a practising family physician - private clinic- with 6 years of experience.

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
If she's not currently living in Canada, you cannot claim points for sibling.

Remember, a sibling (or any other valid relative) currently living in Canada will give you what's called adaptability points.
Adaptability points are given to applicants who have an advantage and ease in settling and adapting to Canadian life. A sibling living in Canada does indeed help you when you arrive in Canada. They can help you find rent, a job, meeting new people...etc.
But if the sibling isn't currently living in Canada, then the premise of ease of settlement and adaptability described above thanks to the sibling becomes invalid, and you therefore cannot claim points for siblings currently living in Canada.

In your Express Entry profile, you claimed points for sibling, and you received ITA accordingly. So, if you cannot provide Proof of Residency as well (along with Proof of Status and Relationship), when your file will be reviewed, then 5 points will be deducted from your Eligibility points (67/100 minimum), and 15 points deducted from your CRS score.

If after that you remain above 67 eligibility points, and your CRS doesn't drop below the minimum score for your round, then no worries at all.

(If your sibling does live in Canada and she's just on vacation in India, that's fine. That means she's still living in Canada on her apartment/house lease.)
Hi

I was filling out form (post ITA). It asked me to upload the documents. When I read the instruction; all the instruction were same for all those placeholder. Could you please provide me suggestion which document should I upload on these specific placeholder.

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling
2. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling
3. Proof of sibling relationship
4. Family Member Proof of Status

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi

I was filling out form (post ITA). It asked me to upload the documents. When I read the instruction; all the instruction were same for all those placeholder. Could you please provide me suggestion which document should I upload on these specific placeholder.

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling
2. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling
3. Proof of sibling relationship
4. Family Member Proof of Status
Hello
You can upload these documents-
1. Passport or PR card of sibling
2. Any utility bill
3. Both your and sibling passport bearing the name of your parents

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
The next available dates for paper based ielts are 6th april and 27th april whereas expected next 2 draws are on 3rd april and 17th april. It's better to book on 17th april late night for 27 th april.
It won't be needed, highly optimistic!!;);)
Hmm.. Yeah! I'm looking forward to it, but will be doing that right after the second draw of April! Man, I'm really cursing the WES now, for the delay of 2 additional months, otherwise I would have been through it! :mad:

Honestly speaking, while waiting for my ECA, back in January 2019, I had this feeling that when I would be entering into the pool, the scores might get high!! To my bad luck, my worst fear came true and still the cut off is high! :(
Nevertheless, January draws would have been mine.. and I would have joined the Feb/March AOR thread.. :rolleyes:

siataheri

Dec 11, 2018
Hey everyone

I have a question about the tie breaking rule. What date and time is considered in a tie break?
I have submitted my EE application in November 2018 and my score was 410, but I have updated it in Feb 20, 2019 when my ielts result came in and my score is 450 now. Does my application get a time stamp for Nov or for the latest update?

Thanks

Yiss

Jul 22, 2016
Dear all lets count again

Canfidates
435-440
441-445
446-450
450-460
460+
Thanks
450 with bithday coming on May 02. I hope to get it in April, otherwise i will have to pass again IELTS to recover on the lost points!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still not following you. It would be great if you can explain a little bit. If I have a job offer letter, full time and skill A with roles mentioned in it, can I not claim the points?

Excerpt from CA website.

Generally, a valid offer is for a job that is:
  • full-time and non-seasonal,
  • for at least one year,
  • in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2016
  • A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of

• the job they are offering you, such as:
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
You can't if you're working on an open work permit.

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hey everyone

I have a question about the tie breaking rule. What date and time is considered in a tie break?
I have submitted my EE application in November 2018 and my score was 410, but I have updated it in Feb 20, 2019 when my ielts result came in and my score is 450 now. Does my application get a time stamp for Nov or for the latest update?

Thanks
Hi
You ll get the time stamp for Nov as the profile was there since Nov!
Good luck buddy!

Reactions: siataheri

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hello
You can upload these documents-
1. Passport or PR card of sibling
2. Any utility bill
3. Both your and sibling passport bearing the name of your parents
I was wondering what do I need to upload on fourth placeholder (proof of family status)