+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 114th Draw

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
This year the percentage of 600+ scores has increased from 5-10 percent last year to 15 percent this year. PNPs is a quota different from FSWs and the other two. Good news for us :)
If I get it correctly----
The target of 81400 is for fedral economic category which includes FSWP, FSTP , and CEC. So the candidates with 600+, which are covered through pnps and has it's own target and not included in fedral economic category, are around 15%.
Which clearly explains that we are going to witness excess 15-20% itas in 2019.
This is definitely excellent news.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeniorStakes

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Policies are cyclical in nature. In the United States, immigration would eventually be reformed by prioritizing skilled labor over lucky labor. When and how it will be done is entirely uncertain.

An economy like US can't afford to continue on an incompetent immigration system forever.

Another school of thought is that developed countries need immigration only during good times when unemployment rates are low and economy is booming. Presently, as predicted by various CEOs, we are heading for a mild recession and understandably, this is probably not the right time for USA to prioritize immigration at the top of its To-do list.

Trump is actually doing the right thing for his country. There aren't those many jobs there to support huge influx of immigrants. In my company, the kind of work done by my Indian team (only B.Techs) is same as the work done by Ph.Ds there in US. This exemplifies the bar there to fill in limited positions from a candidate pool with advanced degrees from Ivy Leagues.

To summarize, we should not have high hopes from USA at least in the next 10 years.
I think you are right that immigration policy changes over time. In my opinion, one main factor affecting a country's immigration policy is the demand for additional labour for its various sectors. With this in mind, as long as the country's economy is performing well, and to ensure it continues to do so, it will require more skilled immigration. With the American economy doing well, it is still a viable option for many in particular those that have a relative less chance of getting ITA soon.

One thing about the skill levels in the US labour market.... There is still a huge gap to in the middle category such as B.Techs and this lead to positions filled by over qualified staff. This might be one reason making it difficult for US firms to be competitive in many areas. This fact might require to relax the immigration rules to some extent so that to get the required pool of experts.

On the other hand, the current inward looking policy of Tramp is clearly anti immigration and this has only helped other countries when it comes to attracting the competitive talent the economy requires. I am sure this is not something hidden from the US policy makers and once this policy changes (either after Tramp or while he is in power) the possibility of skilled immigration to the US will significantly change for good. That way, the US industries may return their competitiveness and stop the trade wars they have started with everyone and focus on fixing their side of the function.

In general, there are many factors that can change a policy of a country and sometimes such policy changes will affect the situation in other countries too. I assume we will see some of these changes soon.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
Need some guidance.
Am at 447. Am thinking of writing IELTS again. If I can improve a bit on my listening and reading I can boost my score to 456 or atleat 453.
So should I write it again and wait a bit more.
If you can, then you must do that without having a second thought! Wait and keep your eyes on the upcoming 1-2 draws, if nothing helps then just go for IELTS again!

Look at me, waiting with 444 at the moment. Honestly speaking, with such a score waiting really sucks! Therefore, I'm looking forward to appear for the IELTS again, but after looking at the following 1 or 2 draws.

Reactions: D'trox

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Yes, please go ahead. I have got it mine done from them. They’ll help you in taking finger prints and will send it to FBI via fedex. They’ll share the fedex details and will put your email id so that you can check the status online and download the pdf copy once its ready. They’re authorized and are listed on us embassy new delhi as authorized finger print centre.
Thanks.I will go to them.how many days it took to get it done.

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
If you can, then you must do that without having a second thought! Wait and keep your eyes on the upcoming 1-2 draws, if nothing helps then just go for IELTS again!

Look at me, waiting with 444 at the moment. Honestly speaking, with such a score waiting really sucks! Therefore, I'm looking forward to appear for the IELTS again, but after looking at the following 1 or 2 draws.
Exactly! @445, which is almost same as 444, let's see where we stand after 1-2 draws.

Reactions: D'trox

D'trox

Mar 6, 2019

Thanks!

Life79

Mar 24, 2019
441 with my wife ielts expiring on 13th may ans my birthday on 20th may. Did the workup on the express entry, with her top score in ielts and i losing 5 points my max score will be 436. Hoping to get an invite on 441 before May

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Friends including @abhishek_89 @13nitinsharma @skg1988 :

I think the cut-off in the next draw on 3 April should be same as that on 17 April.

Reason - Extent of benefit from "No IELTS result" would be offset by the "clearing of backlog" thereby getting us to the short-term mean in the coming draw itself. Therefore, the downward push on cut-off would wane beginning the next draw itself. In summary, the cut-offs for the next three draws until 3 May would be all same or +/- 1 of each other.

This is just prediction based on certain assumptions and calculations. This may or many not hold true :)