+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 114th Draw

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Friends including @abhishek_89 @13nitinsharma @skg1988 :

I think the cut-off in the next draw on 3 April should be same as that on 17 April.

Reason - Extent of benefit from "No IELTS result" would be offset by the "clearing of backlog" thereby getting us to the short-term mean in the coming draw itself. Therefore, the downward push on cut-off would wane beginning the next draw itself. In summary, the cut-offs for the next three draws until 3 May would be all same or +/- 1 of each other.

This is just prediction based on certain assumptions and calculations. This may or many not hold true :)
The cut off for April 3 would be around 449/450 for sure and we can expect CRS cut off 450-452 again the one happening on April 17. The reason of CRS not dropping on April 17 will include major factors such as next available IELTS result, less no. of invites in previous rounds (3350 only) and the people getting their pending ECA reports (even if the number is not that huge).

Moreover, we all know CIC is unpredictable and you never know if we can see a draw happening on March 27 too (I’m hoping this to happen). If this surprise happens, it will be a great relief for everyone with expecting score of 447 (+-1) in this draw and upcoming CRS scores will start dropping eventually and may touch 445 in next 3 draws.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
When do you guys think the draw will come down to 440 levels?
Most probably in April, if the number of ITAs will increase then consequently the cut-off will be dropped at a great rate.

However, another major factor is One week draw! If there would be a single draw with a 7 days gap by the end of month on 24th April, then the CRS would certainly come down to the early 440s range! Hope for the best! :)

Life79

Mar 24, 2019
Most probably in April, if the number of ITAs will increase then consequently the cut-off will be dropped at a great rate.

However, another major factor is One week draw! If there would be a single draw with a 7 days gap by the end of month on 24th April, then the CRS would certainly come down to the early 440s range! Hope for the best! :)
Lets hope there is a draw on coming wednesday

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Lets hope there is a draw on coming wednesday
I highly doubt, there will be a draw on coming wednesday. However, I think next month there could be atleast 3 draws with the gaps of 14 days and 7 days respectively. If that happens, the draws will be on 3 April, 17 April and 24 April and that last draw of April will proved to be a Golden ticket for each one of us here! I pray to God, may these predictions become true! :)

Last edited:

jojalex

Mar 19, 2019
I highly doubt, there will be a draw on coming wednesday. However, I think next month there could be atleast 3 draws with the gaps of 14 days and 7 days respectively. If that happens, the draws will be on 3 April, 17 April and 24 April and that last draw of April will proved to be a Golden ticket for each one us here! I pray to God, may these predictions become true! :)
The cut off will be 444 by all chances

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for the response. I am good with Proof of relationship and Proof of Status, but proof of residency. As I mentioned in the post she is currently in India and only I would be travelling to Canada in April in work visa. Hence just wondering how to show proof of residency of hers?
If she's not currently living in Canada, you cannot claim points for sibling.

Remember, a sibling (or any other valid relative) currently living in Canada will give you what's called adaptability points.
Adaptability points are given to applicants who have an advantage and ease in settling and adapting to Canadian life. A sibling living in Canada does indeed help you when you arrive in Canada. They can help you find rent, a job, meeting new people...etc.
But if the sibling isn't currently living in Canada, then the premise of ease of settlement and adaptability described above thanks to the sibling becomes invalid, and you therefore cannot claim points for siblings currently living in Canada.

In your Express Entry profile, you claimed points for sibling, and you received ITA accordingly. So, if you cannot provide Proof of Residency as well (along with Proof of Status and Relationship), when your file will be reviewed, then 5 points will be deducted from your Eligibility points (67/100 minimum), and 15 points deducted from your CRS score.

If after that you remain above 67 eligibility points, and your CRS doesn't drop below the minimum score for your round, then no worries at all.

(If your sibling does live in Canada and she's just on vacation in India, that's fine. That means she's still living in Canada on her apartment/house lease.)

BumbleFrisbee

Feb 26, 2019
441 with my wife ielts expiring on 13th may ans my birthday on 20th may. Did the workup on the express entry, with her top score in ielts and i losing 5 points my max score will be 436. Hoping to get an invite on 441 before May
So sorry to hear that. I feel for you! Hope things change for the better soon!!