+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 111th draw

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Somehow, I see the participation from China is quiet low, in comparision to India and Pakistan.
Chinese numbers are low now but they had already immigrated in huge numbers back in the early 70s. It's mostly Chinese who built the bridges in Vancouver.

Anyways, one big reason to the decline in Chinese numbers in the current immigration system is because China doesn't promote English as the primary language in schools like India and Pakistan. Whereas in India and Pakistan majority of schools actually use English as first language of teaching and have their own Country's official languages as second language.

When I was studying in the UK, most of the Chinese students I met didn't speak proper English. I ended up learning a few Mandarin words to communicate to them lol. There were some who spoke and understood English very well, but they did their previous degree in the US before coming to the UK.

Reactions: EricD

saltedwound

May 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-12-2018
I actually agree with you on this and I am an Indian.

I have witnessed this on many occasions in the UK. I find it ironic when Indians complain about racism when they're racist towards their own kind. You should just see how the non-Hindi speaking folks are treated by the Hindi speaking ones and vice versa. No matter where we Indians go, we just never change.
There is nothing "ironic" about indians complaining about racism when they face it. To say indians deserve racism because "they" are racist is a racist statement - it is like saying that black people deserve to be racially profiled in USA because black people commit more than 50% of all murders in USA despite making 13-14% of population. You cannot use a negative stereotype about a particular race to justify discrimination against them.

AKOPEIN

Nov 24, 2017
I am living in Brampton, Toronto and I would say about 90% of people here are Indians or Pakistanis. It very hard to spot a white. I sometime wonder where these people went. Probably whites don't want to live in Asian neighborhood. But whatever be the race, almost all people are very kind and polite. Indians or Whites, I saw many who were extremely helpful and always happy (Maybe because Canada is a happy place. Even-though I am an Indian I was able to connect with lot of Pakistani people and they were the kindest. I don't think there is much racism exist here or maybe i never came across such behavior. Anyway all people who are trying to migrate, you are making the best decision of your life.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
There is nothing "ironic" about indians complaining about racism when they face it. To say indians deserve racism because "they" are racist is a racist statement - it is like saying that black people deserve to be racially profiled in USA because black people commit more than 50% of all murders in USA despite making 13-14% of population. You cannot use a negative stereotype about a particular race to justify discrimination against them.
I never said Indians deserve racism. Nobody deserves racism. I am just saying when they treat their own kind same way they shouldn't complain about facing racism from a different race.

Anyways, right from my childhood our Indian media has always brainwashed us as to how Pakistanis are always evil etc. Even now this nonsense is going on. But when I was in UK some of the nicest people I met were actually Pakistanis. My very first landlord was a Pakistani and she was very kind to me, she made me feel comfortable settling into a new country and culture. She informed me all these wonderful places I should visit and places I should stay away from in the night. A couple of times she even invited me to her home for dinner and introduced to her husband and sons. My entire perception of Pakistan and its people changed.

Our Indian media is just crap lol!!!

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I never said Indians deserve racism. Nobody deserves racism. I am just saying when they treat their own kind same way they shouldn't complain about facing racism from a different race.

Anyways, right from my childhood our Indian media has always brainwashed us as to how Pakistanis are always evil etc. Even now this nonsense is going on. But when I was in UK some of the nicest people I met were actually Pakistanis. My very first landlord was a Pakistani and she was very kind to me, she made me feel comfortable settling into a new country and culture. She informed me all these wonderful places I should visit and places I should stay away from in the night. A couple of times she even invited me to her home for dinner and introduced to her husband and sons. My entire perception of Pakistan and its people changed.

Our Indian media is just crap lol!!!
Exceptions don't vindicate any entity.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It’s nice to see people from all different race and backgrounds can come together and talk about all these stuff and no one is offended and start a fight. Lol. If Canada can be just like this then we can agree it will be a great country.
That is because everybody here is educated and comfortable enough to have this discussion in a civil way!!

Earlier, I was not comfortable about such topics but my experiences in UK has given me the maturity to deal with it!! I would definitely advise people to be more open minded and mingle with other cultures, it gives you a whole new perspective of the world!!

Vaish_s2

Feb 7, 2019
Let's not deviate from the primary objective here...

When for the benefit of humanity will IRCC conduct next draw?
Finally someone asked .. lol

Waiting for long with 438, losing it on a tie last draw, i know how it feels. I wish its tomorrow every single day!

Last edited:
Reactions: NOMAD2017

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Can I ask a question and get a honest answer. I have a few Indians friends here and one of the guy told me that back home they teach them that black males are murders and rapist so they should stay away from them. Is that true or he is just a troublemaker?
It's mostly the influence of Bollywood where it depicts Africans to be in gang leaders and drug dealers.

Reactions: Desean

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
I guess that there will be a draw next Wednesday - cutoff around 445 and then another on the 06th March, cutoff around 442.