+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 111th draw

EricD

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Any prediction for the draw? if it happens today ?or on Wednesday?
Wednesday seems more likely... BTW in 2017 there was once a time that only one draw per month took place, however they expedite after that, doing back to back draws consecutively and finally created the lowest CRS on record. So keep our hope as CIC anyway increased total target so chances will finally fall on you if you are well prepared.

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
The facts presently in the above message are misrepresentation in itself. Please check 2017 CIC statistics before making such claims. Hardly 5 to 10 percent applications get rejected.

People who can't present the facts correctly should be the last ones to accuse others of misrepresentation.
I'm not just talking just about the profiles that were rejected by CIC..the ITA's that were declined by people in the pool multiple times since some of their documents are not ready.. the stats is inclusive of both.. you can do your homework and cross check..

Reactions: Desean

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I'm not just talking just about the profiles that were rejected by CIC..the ITA's that were declined by people in the pool multiple times since some of their documents are not ready.. the stats is inclusive of both.. you can do your homework and cross check..
Yes, it would still not touch 30 percent.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
White is the most dominant race here. No matter how u look at it. It’s just in some areas you will have more Indians and Chinese because they stick together
Ofcourse, that is probably the case everywhere in the world. But some people have the assumption that Toronto feels like Delhi and Vancouver like Beijing which is not entirely true. There will definitely be certain neighborhoods which is dominated by a certain ethnicity but when you get closer to the city center then you it's predominately whites.

Some just prefer hanging out with their own communities while the rest keep an open mind :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Lol yes there is. We have our little china town and little Bombay. But he was just playing there are slot of white people hanging around.
When I was living in Glasgow, there was a neighborhood called Pollokshields which was full of Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's. You will hardly ever see a white person walking on these streets. So any new immigrants coming from these countries would automatically settle here. But when you move further away you are pretty much surrounded by whites.

So it all depends on your personal preference. Personally, I am open minded so I will stay away from these communities since I don't want to feel like I am living in India again.

saltedwound

May 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-12-2018
Are south asians in canada tolerant of gay people? Can I live in a community populated by indians/pakistanis? Will i be tolerated there?

Reactions: Dko16 and Theo2018

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I guess my post will get deleted, plus I might get banned, but here it goes.

In my opinion, this seems like a good idea if it's done in moderate amount. I have nothing against any nationality, so I would say it would be nice to control the overflow of immigrants just from one country. I think it would create another China, or another India or Philippines with all the baggage that comes with. Smaller number of people from different countries would force everyone to assimilate, rather than have a joint force to impose their own rules. I just want to say it would hinder bad connections being formed resulting in less corruption.

Does it make sense? Sorry if it's offensive.
I do agree with your view. But unfortunately, it is almost impossible to achieve the two together - attract a large number of diversified immigrants. This 1 million immigrant target by Canada will largely be consumed by Asia, and more specifically South East Asia and China. To drill down further, it will be between India, China, and Pakistan. This is simply because not only do they have population advantage but also skill.

I have nothing against these people and love to work with them. In fact, I wish my country was developed enough to attract these skilled individuals at much lower cost.

Reactions: NOMAD2017

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
Are south asians in canada tolerant of gay people? Can I live in a community populated by indians/pakistanis? Will i be tolerated there?
It really depends but in general I would say you will not be. The ones who are second-generation are more likely to accept you. People who are moving to a foreign country to settle down and intentionally choose to live amongst their own culture/ethnicity are not the most open-minded of their cohort. They will bring their old mindsets and prejudices with them. You can see this time and again across countries with large immigrant communities (England and France come to mind as prime examples) where large immigrant neighborhoods slowly turn into ghettos that reflect the worst aspects of the countries that the majority of people have immigrated from. And India and Pakistan (no offense to anyone here; just stating facts) are two of the most conservative societies in the world. They tend to marry amongst their own and are generally very religious (mentioning religion only because most religions don’t condone homosexuality).

Now I’m not saying that there aren’t other reasons people would choose to live amongst their own (ease of settling in, easy access to ethnic groceries etc) but the fact remains that people that live in these areas don’t have as great a chance of being exposed to other ways of thought. And yes, there will definitely be first-generation immigrants that accept you but remember we’re talking about the majority of people in the neighborhood here.

The second and third generations that grow up alongside other ethnicities and with Western values will be more accepting of things like gay, transfolk, atheists etc.

Sorry if this offends anyone; just trying to provide an objective answer. If you want to provide counter-viewsx please do so and I will be happy to learn.

I personally think (and this is a controversial opinion) that the policy Singapore follows in this regard makes a lot of sense where they enforce diversity in neighborhoods by laws to ensure they don’t become too homogeneous. I realize it probably only works in a small country with an authoritarian government (and I definitely have issues with other policies and censorship of the Sg govt), and also goes against Canada’s “cultural mosaic” ethos but I appreciate the spirit of the law where you’re trying to ensure people integrate with not just their own but also other immigrants.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Very true.. on a average 35 to 40 % ita's are declined or rejected.. imagine how many genuine people could have got those ita's(now many lost the only chance due to age/ tie breaker).. the only way to overcome this is - cic should deduct 10 points every time a person declines an invite else some people will exploit this loophole and block others from getting ita..

Definitely, there should be some repercussions. May be points deduction is bit extreme, I would suggest to make them inactive for a draw or two.

Reactions: NOMAD2017

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
It’s funny but it’s so true there are a lot of Indian here.. everywhere you go it’s either Indian or Chinese, now I see that they are truly the largest population on the planet..
It is the same in UAE. Haha

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I do agree with your view. But unfortunately, it is almost impossible to achieve the two together - attract a large number of diversified immigrants. This 1 million immigrant target by Canada will largely be consumed by Asia, and more specifically South East Asia and China. To drill down further, it will be between India, China, and Pakistan. This is simply because not only do they have population advantage but also skill.

I have nothing against these people and love to work with them. In fact, I wish my country was developed enough to attract these skilled individuals at much lower cost.
You are right. India, China and Pakistan pretty much make up 30-40% of the world's population so by rule of averages out of 10 applicants you are most likely to find atleast 5 of them from these 3 countries

Reactions: nns14

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It is the same in UAE. Haha
Oh yes even Qatar is the same. One of my relative who went there a few months ago kept saying how Doha was full of Indians.

The worst part is he found separate Indian communities like Hindi speaking people live in a separate neighborhood, Tamil ones in another and Telugu in a different one. It was pretty disgusting sight!! We have this stupid problem in our own country, can't believe they are carrying this tradition in another country.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You are speaking the truth and facts, don’t feel bad it’s your view and no one should even feel bad about facts. My views are if you don’t want to be in that kind of environment they should just stay in their own country. You can’t come to another man country and want to change it to your liking. From I have been here I notice the Asians and Indians are the most racist people I ever come across, even toward people like themselves. It’s mess up white people always get the blame. Again if you don’t want to be in an environment like this stay in your own country
I actually agree with you on this and I am an Indian.

I have witnessed this on many occasions in the UK. I find it ironic when Indians complain about racism when they're racist towards their own kind. You should just see how the non-Hindi speaking folks are treated by the Hindi speaking ones and vice versa. No matter where we Indians go, we just never change.