AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Badly wants it to be on Monday as with crs 444 I am losing 5 points the next day.
I'll join you on that one - though I lose my 5 points at the end of December
Badly wants it to be on Monday as with crs 444 I am losing 5 points the next day.
I second a vote for 444 or below for Monday - almost in the same boat as you, though I have till end December before I lose 5 points...

Reactions: Nikhil Muthyala

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
for all the folks losing points close to ITA, i hate to be harbinger of bad news but apparently if your birthday falls between ITA and AOR then when you submit your application you will have reduced points. It happened to me. I got ITA at 456 points but i had my birthday 5 days after ITA. In my EE profile the score was then updated to be 451 to reflect my birthday

Akhil Soni

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
for all the folks losing points close to ITA, i hate to be harbinger of bad news but apparently if your birthday falls between ITA and AOR then when you submit your application you will have reduced points. It happened to me. I got ITA at 456 points but i had my birthday 5 days after ITA. In my EE profile the score was then updated to be 451 to reflect my birthday

So does it mean we become ineligible even though on the date of the draw we had crs above the cut off.

Secondly, date of ita is considered to be same as the draw or when recipients receive it.

Please enlighten.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
TLDR: All that matters is that you get the ITA and submit your application within the stipulated timeframe (60 days).

While it's true that one's CRS could drop due to a birthday between the ITA and submission of an application, there is a specific exemption in place that prevents applicants from being refused on this basis. The public policy is here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/age-based-requirements.html , and implementation is detailed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html (extract given below"

"Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
My case is not critical but its complicated
My CRS score on Monday next week - 443
On Tuesday/Wednesday - 453

If the draw happens on Monday and the score stays at 444 - that will be crazy, considering that i already missed sept 29th draw by just 3 hours when the cutoff was 442.
Now, i really do get it, why this thread is named as "ray of hope"!

Reactions: Tech_girl123

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
TLDR: All that matters is that you get the ITA and submit your application within the stipulated timeframe (60 days).

While it's true that one's CRS could drop due to a birthday between the ITA and submission of an application, there is a specific exemption in place that prevents applicants from being refused on this basis. The public policy is here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/age-based-requirements.html , and implementation is detailed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html (extract given below"

"Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."
Thanks for this, I didn't know this

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
No you dont lose points for age after you get ITA.

So does it mean we become ineligible even though on the date of the draw we had crs above the cut off.

Secondly, date of ita is considered to be same as the draw or when recipients receive it.

Please enlighten.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015

The wording of the exemption, and especially the use of the words "should consider applying" suggests that your CRS points are not automatically frozen at ITA. On the contrary, it suggests that the starting point is your CRS points at the time of e-APR, resulting in a refusal, but then the officer has the discretion to ignore this by applying the exception.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
so i think mostly people are expecting a draw on monday ! :) See you guys on monday then ! :)

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
The wording of the exemption, and especially the use of the words "should consider applying" suggests that your CRS points are not automatically frozen at ITA. On the contrary, it suggests that the starting point is your CRS points at the time of e-APR, resulting in a refusal, but then the officer has the discretion to ignore this by applying the exception.
The content of ITA clearly states that there will be no impact of point reduction as a result of Birthday occurring between ITA and APR. Points are recalculated at APR and though the VO will comment on the age change, this alone can not be a basis of refusal if points fall below cut off due to Birthday post ITA.

Reactions: aamool and bairn7