+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 104th draw

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
Every step seems to be the same with a lot of anxiety (although I haven't gone through all these steps yet, after reading a lot across these forums i can feel it already!):
Waiting for the IELTS score hoping to cross 7 for Writing/Speaking and more (score may vary but i guess everyone would have faced this)
Waiting for WES to complete and share that valuable PDF
Waiting for the ITA to arrive (Although this steps involves a lot more wait and guessing, than the earlier two)
Waiting for the different stages of PR processing to be concluded and get the COPR
Waiting for the passport with visa stamped
Waiting for the job appointment letter (This too may very for some folks)

I guess the whole process, by the end of it, will definitely increase the patience levels by a huge margin!
Well said

Nov 14, 2018
Hey guys. I have been reading this thread for past 3-4 days and so very enjoying it that finally decided to sign up.. lol.. Since past 4 days I am logging into this website before opening the results website as this forum looks more up to date ;)

104th draw has probably become the hottest topic so far!!! I entered the pool on 29th Oct just after the unexpected draw.. now my score is 473 (before my bday) maybe 468 now. doing it through an agent so cant see my profile.. can anyone help me with a link where I can see the details and status of my EE profile?
I go
Seriously. . I still remember my time..I got my clb 9 on 6 attempt
I got 8777 on my second attempt. I was so shocked because one score less here or there and it would have dropped me to clb 8

Reactions: paddukutti

Nikhil Muthyala

May 22, 2018
Hi everyone...I am at a score of 441 right now. Although, I am very positive that I would receive the ITA with this score in the coming draws. However, should I still go ahead and register for IELTS again to increase my score, or should I wait for a while. My IELTS score is L=8, R= 7.5, W= 7, S= 8.5.
May i ask you how ur score is 441 with CLB 9
For CLB 10- u need this score L 8.5 R 8.0 W 7.5 S 7.5.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone...I am at a score of 441 right now. Although, I am very positive that I would receive the ITA with this score in the coming draws. However, should I still go ahead and register for IELTS again to increase my score, or should I wait for a while. My IELTS score is L=8, R= 7.5, W= 7, S= 8.5.
All of us who have been around in this forum for a little while, expected the score will definitely drop to 435-439 levels soon sitting in April-May, discussion was whether it will go down to 430. You can see what happened :)
My key point is that try to increase each point of CRS which is under your control, you never know what will happen in next draw or next month! People have predicted that next year scores may not come down below 450. You're leaving 9 points on the IELTS table, so IMO you should definitely take it once more Asap :)

dhruvinho

Star Member
May 6, 2018
I was in a very similar position. My IELTS score was L=8, R=9, W=7.5, S=8.5. I was stuck at 439 for over 6 months (since early this year), and thought the CRS might drop below 439 based on what happened last year, so I didn't retake IELTS to increase 3 points (Listening). However, I regret this decision because CRS never dropped below 440 and I just turned 30 a couple of months ago, and my score dropped to 434. (I couldn't retake it close to my birthday because I was on an assignment overseas and didn't have any free time at all).

Finally, my spouse retook IELTS, and now we're in a good spot because she has a masters.

The big difference between me and you however is that I had a chance to increase my CRS by only 3 points, however, I believe you can increase by 9 points, since your L, R, W are all not maxed out.

I would say it depends on the following factors:
1. Will you be losing points for age any time soon?
This is a no-brainer, if you will lose points soon, just retake it.

2. What is the potential for improvement?
9 points is a very big improvement. Even if you improve by 6 points, you're safe quite soon.

3. How will the cutoffs look in the future
I think the cutoff won't drop to 440 immediately (2-3 months). With projected intakes to increase next year, it seems that 441 may hit sooner or later, but there is no guarantee of this happening.

4. How soon do you need to move?
If you need to move very soon, 441 doesn't look very safe, so retake it.

Lastly, I'm no expert, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Good luck!

Reactions: Inabt

preshaarnot

Sep 20, 2014
I
I was in a very similar position. My IELTS score was L=8, R=9, W=7.5, S=8.5. I was stuck at 439 for over 6 months (since early this year), and thought the CRS might drop below 439 based on what happened last year, so I didn't retake IELTS to increase 3 points (Listening). However, I regret this decision because CRS never dropped below 440 and I just turned 30 a couple of months ago, and my score dropped to 434. (I couldn't retake it close to my birthday because I was on an assignment overseas and didn't have any free time at all).

Finally, my spouse retook IELTS, and now we're in a good spot because she has a masters.

The big difference between me and you however is that I had a chance to increase my CRS by only 3 points, however, I believe you can increase by 9 points, since your L, R, W are all not maxed out.

I would say it depends on the following factors:
1. Will you be losing points for age any time soon?
This is a no-brainer, if you will lose points soon, just retake it.

2. What is the potential for improvement?
9 points is a very big improvement. Even if you improve by 6 points, you're safe quite soon.

3. How will the cutoffs look in the future
I think the cutoff won't drop to 440 immediately (2-3 months). With projected intakes to increase next year, it seems that 441 will hit sooner or later. However, there is an election in 2019 I believe, and who knows what will happen to the EE intake after that.

4. How soon do you need to move?
If you need to move very soon, 441 doesn't look very safe, so retake it.

Lastly, I'm no expert, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Good luck!
Thanks for your inputs. I will not be losing the points soon. As my birthday is next August. But I guess, I should take IELTS again, just to be on a safer side.

dhruvinho

Star Member
May 6, 2018
I

Thanks for your inputs. I will not be losing the points soon. As my birthday is next August. But I guess, I should take IELTS again, just to be on a safer side.
Yes, I think you should. 9 points is a lot. Even 6 points should see you through imo.

dhruvinho

Star Member
May 6, 2018
All of us who have been around in this forum for a little while, expected the score will definitely drop to 435-439 levels soon sitting in April-May, discussion was whether it will go down to 430. You can see what happened :)
My key point is that try to increase each point of CRS which is under your control, you never know what will happen in next draw or next month! People have predicted that next year scores may not come down below 450. You're leaving 9 points on the IELTS table, so IMO you should definitely take it once more Asap :)
Totally agree

dhruvinho

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Every step seems to be the same with a lot of anxiety (although I haven't gone through all these steps yet, after reading a lot across these forums i can feel it already!):
Waiting for the IELTS score hoping to cross 7 for Writing/Speaking and more (score may vary but i guess everyone would have faced this)
Waiting for WES to complete and share that valuable PDF
Waiting for the ITA to arrive (Although this steps involves a lot more wait and guessing, than the earlier two)
Waiting for the different stages of PR processing to be concluded and get the COPR
Waiting for the passport with visa stamped
Waiting for the job appointment letter (This too may vary for some folks)

I guess the whole process, by the end of it, will definitely increase the patience levels by a huge margin!
Absolutely, although a PR of a country like Canada is quite a prized possession, so it seems fair and should be worth the wait :D

Reactions: samikdg

preshaarnot

Sep 20, 2014
thanks