+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 104th draw

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
I'm thinking tomorrow or Monday, but that won't stop me from refreshing the page 600 times per minute.
Yeahhh and isn't it so frustrating. I was stuck at 6.5 since a year and now that I've created my profile, they had to delay the draw. -_-

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone...I am at a score of 441 right now. Although, I am very positive that I would receive the ITA with this score in the coming draws. However, should I still go ahead and register for IELTS again to increase my score, or should I wait for a while. My IELTS score is L=8, R= 7.5, W= 7, S= 8.5.
U should. Increasing ur LRW scores as below
L8.5,R8,W7.5 will give you 9 additinal points before u max out on IELTS.

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
I was in a very similar position. My IELTS score was L=8, R=9, W=7.5, S=8.5. I was stuck at 439 for over 6 months (since early this year), and thought the CRS might drop below 439 based on what happened last year, so I didn't retake IELTS to increase 3 points (Listening). However, I regret this decision because CRS never dropped below 440 and I just turned 30 a couple of months ago, and my score dropped to 434. (I couldn't retake it close to my birthday because I was on an assignment overseas and didn't have any free time at all).

Finally, my spouse retook IELTS, and now we're in a good spot because she has a masters.

The big difference between me and you however is that I had a chance to increase my CRS by only 3 points, however, I believe you can increase by 9 points, since your L, R, W are all not maxed out.

I would say it depends on the following factors:
1. Will you be losing points for age any time soon?
This is a no-brainer, if you will lose points soon, just retake it.

2. What is the potential for improvement?
9 points is a very big improvement. Even if you improve by 6 points, you're safe quite soon.

3. How will the cutoffs look in the future
I think the cutoff won't drop to 440 immediately (2-3 months). With projected intakes to increase next year, it seems that 441 may hit sooner or later, but there is no guarantee of this happening.

4. How soon do you need to move?
If you need to move very soon, 441 doesn't look very safe, so retake it.

Lastly, I'm no expert, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Good luck!
Perfecto..

Noor dxb

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Hi and welcome from Dubai. We have a small WhatsApp group for Dubai applicants and would love to welcome new members.

Wish you all the best. What's your score?
We scored 496

Reddiered07

May 3, 2018
I asked my office's canadian client for some data!! He said he will provide that on 11/27 EOD as next week they are on vacation(thanks giving) :) Hope this is not the case with IRCC !! :)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I asked my office's canadian client for some data!! He said he will provide that on 11/27 EOD as next week they are on vacation(thanks giving) :) Hope this is not the case with IRCC !! :)
Hey man, good to see you back after long time! Were you able to increase your CRS and did you get your ITA? :)
I think Canada had Thanksgiving in October, are they closed for US thanksgiving as well?

Reactions: Reddiered07

Reddiered07

May 3, 2018
Hey man, good to see you back after long time! Were you able to increase your CRS and did you get your ITA? :)
I think Canada had Thanksgiving in October, are they closed for US thanksgiving as well?
No man!! At 435 can't increase more so will wait till oinp next year!! But the trend is scary next year the base gonna shift from 440 to 450 !!

holufemy

Nov 15, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
3/1/2019
Waiting for more than one week for ITA after getting CRS 478 seems longer the one year wait before achieving the CRS.

Reactions: Inabt