+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 102nd draw

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
Well that's tricky. At the end of the form they ask the ECA report number as well, which you obviously don't have. You will also mention the education in past 10 year activity form. So, let's wait for an expert's opinion. Post this comment on other threads, that people join after receiving ITA.
Yes, since I have to upload the document regarding the said education the reason I don't want to put it in the Education History is that I don't want to get the degree translated. It takes too much time.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
In my own opinion,

CRS cut off score was a wee bit high because the previous draw was only for trade skills and gave more time for people to accumulate in the pool and New Brunswick,Ontario,Manitoba were inviting people to apply so also a good number of people were nominated.

If you take a look at the previous draws .. a while back on May 30th a trades worker draw took place and the next draw had a cut off of 451. The following draw went back to 442 .
I predict it’ll go back to 440-442
Good observation :)

Reactions: Zigzag85

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi all,

Sorry for asking this question here, I received my ITA a few weeks ago.
I am a bit confused in filling out my wife's Education History. I am not claiming any points for her education, Do I fill in the Education History part for her? if no does that mean I have to answer No to the question if she has "finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?"
Put your wife's education in personal history section and you are good to go.

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
Put your wife's education in personal history section and you are good to go.
So I have to answer No to the question if she has "finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?"

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
One quick query, can any kind soul please answer?
Is it possible to add a short-term (4 month) foreign diploma to EE profile Education History without getting an ECA done for that. I do not want to claim any point for it, but reason for adding it is that this diploma is directly in the area of primary NOC code (5122-Editor), whereas the Bachelor and Masters degrees are in Economics. Will this strengthen the work experience claim?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
One quick query, can any kind soul please answer?
Is it possible to add a short-term (4 month) foreign diploma to EE profile Education History without getting an ECA done for that. I do not want to claim any point for it, but reason for adding it is that this diploma is directly in the area of primary NOC code (5122-Editor), whereas the Bachelor and Masters degrees are in Economics. Will this strengthen the work experience claim?
I don't think it actually matters if your noc is not related to your education. As long as you can prove you have the minimum work experience in your preferred noc that will do.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I don't think it actually matters if your noc is not related to your education. As long as you can prove you have the minimum work experience in your preferred noc that will do.
The reference letters for the NOC 5122 will be there, but there are multiple organizations with short stints. So, to make the for experience in specified NOC stronger, want to put the 4-month diploma in Editing but no point in doing an ECA as it will not fetch any points plus that will now take further time. So, can we put any foreign diploma under Education History without ECA if I'm not claiming any point for it.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Actually the increase was a bit steep.

You need to consider 2 things.
1. There was no 3 weeks gap between normal draws
2. There was no significant decrease there (yes 2 weeks before it was 3500, but this week it was 3900, which makes it an average 3700 for each draw)
Now compare the behaviour during this summer where the amount of ITA were more or less the same but you did not see such movement upwards).
So yes something must have change in the system that helped lot of people to get 445+ And that would be IELTS on computer (as there is no other significant change we know about).

Secondly, when you look the total size of EE pool and compare it before 2 draws happens (this week normal draw and FST draw). it did jump more than normal.
So that would again point to a change in the system.

So if rounds of English test just became more available to anybody who had the money for it (and that was in some cases the only reason why people could not get better score - monthes of waiting to get a date for IELTS exam), this will push competition up.

Of course once you see the bigger jump up within first 3 months of new testing availability in place, EE will find new stability point.
Looks like IELTS computer based test is the culprit. If that's the case, we would be seeing the cut off staying around the 445 mark or even increasing above 445 in the next draw.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
In my own opinion,

CRS cut off score was a wee bit high because the previous draw was only for trade skills and gave more time for people to accumulate in the pool and New Brunswick,Ontario,Manitoba were inviting people to apply so also a good number of people were nominated.

If you take a look at the previous draws .. a while back on May 30th a trades worker draw took place and the next draw had a cut off of 451. The following draw went back to 442 .
I predict it’ll go back to 440-442
The 2 week gap between 2 consecutive non program specific draws have not changed even though there was an FST specific draw. So, the time for people to accumulate in the pool has been same.
Also, most of the provinces which you are mentioning have been inviting applicants not issuing nominations.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
The reference letters for the NOC 5122 will be there, but there are multiple organizations with short stints. So, to make the for experience in specified NOC stronger, want to put the 4-month diploma in Editing but no point in doing an ECA as it will not fetch any points plus that will now take further time. So, can we put any foreign diploma under Education History without ECA if I'm not claiming any point for it.
I dont think they will check your diploma, ECA is source of truth for IRCC.

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
For travel history
A rather long winded query
Would appreciate any insights

One does not need to give details of travel to home country and country of residence in the travel history

My query is if one stayed previously in the current place of residence then moved to a different country and then relocated back do we still provide the details of all trips ?

Appreciate the input

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
For travel history
A rather long winded query
Would appreciate any insights

One does not need to give details of travel to home country and country of residence in the travel history

My query is if one stayed previously in the current place of residence then moved to a different country and then relocated back do we still provide the details of all trips ?

Appreciate the input
I belive, if you stayed more than 6 months you need to provide details and PCC too.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Looks like IELTS computer based test is the culprit. If that's the case, we would be seeing the cut off staying around the 445 mark or even increasing above 445 in the next draw.
IELTS computer sucks :( CRS cut offs are going to be super high from next year