+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 102nd draw

Dotosy

Oct 3, 2018
AOR Received.
30th November 2018
Its Because it takes 24 hours at least for the EE application status to reflect "Transmitted" instead of submitted or completed. You don't get invitation until you are actually part of the pool and your data is available to be invited.

I made an error in my previous EE application and had to submit a new one, that's how I know you wont make the cut off, if you don't submit in time. i.e 24 hours prior to invitation.
I got the invitation

I got the invitation

wishmeluck

Jul 22, 2011
India- NewDelhi
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can...why not. My points were around 445 with my 1st language results (celpip). I was contemplating if I should just leave it at that and hope the cutoff would remain at 440-441 when my one year required skilled experience is completed by oct 2.

But it gave me so much anxiety thinking about it because of limited time left on my PGWP, so I prepared for IELTS and got a clb 9.

And I guess I did the right thing cos I definitely would have missed this draw otherwise with the tie-breaking rule (created my profile oct 2nd 2018)
My score is 444 and i was at 433 before re-attempting IELTS. I got LRWS- 8.5/9/6.5/7

I still have time to appeal for the writing part as i missed it again this time.
I am also a bachelor degree holder but doing another diploma would mean 1 more year while hoping some new rule doesnt comes out.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
The problem is that Liberal have just lost one big province - Ontario. So I would be much much more cautious of what will happen there. It will kind of depend of what will Conservative do in Ontario and how will be that perceived (at least during the first year).
Quebec - the second stronghold of Liberals is also a big unknown now.
In addition Trudeau might be seen as way too weak and unable to deal properly when negotiating with some countries like USA or Russia (given how their leaders look like).

So maybe hold on your prediction horses to see how the NAFTA negotiations will end and if anything else significant will happen first half of next year.
True they lost here in Ontario and they lost with big big margins. In some cities liberal only got 5-10% votes. And ya I also support Conservatives and also a lot other Canadians support conservatives because they work. Gas prices went down in 2 week after conservatives came back in Ontario. People are appreciating their work.

Justin Trudeau cannot won election because he made a lot mistakes. When conservatives were there Canadian dollar was at same value to USD but now it’s totally different scenario.

Support conservatives#Stay happy

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
My score is 444 and i was at 433 before re-attempting IELTS. I got LRWS- 8.5/9/6.5/7

I still have time to appeal for the writing part as i missed it again this time.
I am also a bachelor degree holder but doing another diploma would mean 1 more year while hoping some new rule doesnt comes out.
You’re almost at clb 9. Rewriting or appealing writing would definitely get u an ITA soon. Your current score is really good too and maybe the cutoff may drop below that for the next draw. It’s like a gamble so it depends on what you choose to do.
But I’ll suggest a clb9 is the easier route if you have time because who knows when the rules of EE may change. Good luck!!

Reactions: wishmeluck

patel21

Sep 19, 2018
Thanks man, I got ITA yesterday.
You are absolutely right in pointing that 440 is the new norm and people need to accept that. Though based on the students rushing towards Canada in the past few years, I think in very near future CRS would touch 450-460. The reasons here are simple, students that go to canada now are already well versed in English as they have all cleared 6 bands in IELTS. When they study and work in Canada, they get a very big boost in their CRS scores and still they can clear CLB 9 for even more points, thus crushing the dreams of Foreigners that don't have any Canadian experience

Guys, some thoughts here (just me releasing some frustration as I will be losing 5 points tomorrow):
I know that this is ROH and all that BS but in order to build hope we need to face the reality as well. We can't build hope base on angels, rainbows or magical CRS score drop downs. In my case, I was in Nov last year with my 438 100% sure I would get an ITA by first quarter of this year and yet here we are. The score has not even dropped below 440 and honestly it will not drop. That is the new reality we need to face. Whatever happened in previous years with scores below 420 or the new US president or more applicants than before, is what has changed the landscape for 2018 and guess what? 2019 will be the same or most likely even worse.
So my advice to all in this ROH is to first accept that 440 is the new limit now. Hoping that will go below that is just non sense. It has never gone below and every time we predict or forecast it will go below then we see surprises like yesterday and the same old reason are given by us to excuse the "unexpected" result: more applicants in the pool, provincial nominees coming and the new one is computer IELTS (which personally I believe will affect a lot next year).
So for those of us below 440 (and who want to materialize the Canadian dream in the next 2-3 years) we have 2 options: either improve the score above 440 or look somewhere else. As simple as that. If you are at 436, 437 do not pray the score to drop down because it won't. Work for it.
The best of luck for all and congrats to ones who got the ITA yesterday. Another challenge begins for you guys!

patel21

Sep 19, 2018
Despite all the skepticism, I strongly believe the cut off score will come down. These spikes are normal, we can't expect the score to always go down or remain constant. Every now and then, there will be more than usual entries in the pool including the ones with score over 450. The reasons could be many but I don't expect this to happen in every round. The number of entries in the pool have definitely gone up but so have the no. of ITAs.
440 is the new norm and people need to accept that. Though based on the students rushing towards Canada in the past few years, I think in very near future CRS would touch 450-460. The reasons here are simple, students that go to canada now are already well versed in English as they have all cleared 6 bands in IELTS. When they study and work in Canada, they get a very big boost in their CRS scores and still they can clear CLB 9 for even more points, thus crushing the dreams of Foreigners that don't have any Canadian experience

Reactions: journey21

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
After seeing recent CRS draws
I just had a question that whether can we create 2 EE profiles, one as Spouse Accompanying and another one as Non-accompanying? with 2 different user ids.
Please let me know if anyone already did that

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Despite all the skepticism, I strongly believe the cut off score will come down. These spikes are normal, we can't expect the score to always go down or remain constant. Every now and then, there will be more than usual entries in the pool including the ones with score over 450. The reasons could be many but I don't expect this to happen in every round. The number of entries in the pool have definitely gone up but so have the no. of ITAs.
The last time the score was less than 440 was on Nov 15th,2017 i.e. draw number 78.Now it’s already close to 1 year and 23 draws happened maintaining 440 cutoff.Lets say it goes down to 439 in the upcoming draws for which the cutoff would be set at February or March.This would be the 413 draw like last year.The crs would drastically increase after this draw to 445+ and it might take a while again to just come down to 440.This is the reality of 2018.

23 draws is a significant number with 65000+ ITAs issued to >=440 crs candidates and if they are able to maintain 440 without breaking a sweat till date,it’s only going to get more competitive with computerised ielts,completion of masters by students in Canada and USA visa crackdown.Accept it and start working towards increasing crs like many suggested here.Doing Diplomas/Maxing out ielts etc.

Don’t wait for that one draw(<440) that might happen once a year make or break your Canadian dream.Tread past 440 and be in a comfortable position.All the best.

Last edited:

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
The last time the score was less than 440 was on Nov 15th,2017 i.e. draw number 78.Now it’s already close to 1 year and 23 draws happened maintaining 440 cutoff.Lets say it goes down to 439 in the upcoming draws for which the cutoff would be set at February or March.This would be the 413 draw like last year.The crs would drastically increase after this draw like 445+ and it might take a while again to just come down to 440.This is the reality of 2018.

23 draws is a significant number with 65000+ ITAs issued to 440+ candidates and if they are able to maintain 440 without breaking a sweat till date,it’s only going to get more competitive with computerised ielts,Students completing their masters in Canada in Sep and USA visa crackdown.Accept it and start working towards increasing crs like many suggested here.Doimg Diplomas/Maxing out ielts etc.

Don’t wait for that one draw(<440) once a year make or break your Canadian dream.Tread past 440 and be in a comfortable position.All the best.
Did just that, still I don't think I am in a comfortable position. I am afraid 450 will soon become the new 440.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I am 34, probably that why. Points will decrease a further 5 in mid February.

My IELTS score is not that great. If i had an 8 in reading instead of 7.5, i would score 443. This was my third attempt at IELTS, mentally drained.
You can actually get those 9 points by improving writing, listening and reading to 7.5, 8.5 and 8 respectively.

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hello people, i had to decline my last ITA because I couldn't get the docs ready, my score is 441, although i was expecting the draw to be at 441 or 440 again , it didn't happen, so while waiting for the next draw should i withdraw this profile and create a new one before that or its okay that i declined and should wait for the score to go down?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello people, i had to decline my last ITA because I couldn't get the docs ready, my score is 441, although i was expecting the draw to be at 441 or 440 again , it didn't happen, so while waiting for the next draw should i withdraw this profile and create a new one before that or its okay that i declined and should wait for the score to go down?
Don't create new one. You will get an advantage if there is a tiebreaker :)

Reactions: shyee

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
60 days is not enough? If not, decline and wait for next one. But don't keep doing this for every round.
Every ITA you decline is a PR another deserving person could have gotten.

Reactions: Day2203

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Guys, some thoughts here (just me releasing some frustration as I will be losing 5 points tomorrow):
I know that this is ROH and all that BS but in order to build hope we need to face the reality as well. We can't build hope base on angels, rainbows or magical CRS score drop downs. In my case, I was in Nov last year with my 438 100% sure I would get an ITA by first quarter of this year and yet here we are. The score has not even dropped below 440 and honestly it will not drop. That is the new reality we need to face. Whatever happened in previous years with scores below 420 or the new US president or more applicants than before, is what has changed the landscape for 2018 and guess what? 2019 will be the same or most likely even worse.
So my advice to all in this ROH is to first accept that 440 is the new limit now. Hoping that will go below that is just non sense. It has never gone below and every time we predict or forecast it will go below then we see surprises like yesterday and the same old reason are given by us to excuse the "unexpected" result: more applicants in the pool, provincial nominees coming and the new one is computer IELTS (which personally I believe will affect a lot next year).
So for those of us below 440 (and who want to materialize the Canadian dream in the next 2-3 years) we have 2 options: either improve the score above 440 or look somewhere else. As simple as that. If you are at 436, 437 do not pray the score to drop down because it won't. Work for it.
The best of luck for all and congrats to ones who got the ITA yesterday. Another challenge begins for you guys!
Me too at 438 , My fiancee will be giving IELTS again if she gets a 9 , we will be at 440 . Do we then stand a chance?
I have been asking about chance for the past 6 months and it is frustrating