+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

Jessie9364

Nov 12, 2017
hello everyone,
does anyone know whether i will be rejected there are changes in my work before i do my landing, for example, change to a new job or resign from the current job? Thank you.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
In case anyone is planning to land at Rainbow Bridge, ON, please be advised that you are only allowed to do so on Tue-Fri, from 8am. I did not know that, so I went there today and I was told I had to come back later. Hope this helps those who might be thibking if doing the same thing.

Reactions: smallpotato

can2018

Feb 5, 2018
I didn't read this thread earlier, unfortunately, and went to Rainbow bridge (from Toronto) today for landing. I was told PR landing is processed only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 AM -8 PM. I plan to attempt landing again on Feb 28th Wednesday, hope they don't slap any ad hoc timing restrictions then.

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
I didn't read this thread earlier, unfortunately, and went to Rainbow bridge (from Toronto) today for landing. I was told PR landing is processed only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 AM -8 PM. I plan to attempt landing again on Feb 28th Wednesday, hope they don't slap any ad hoc timing restrictions then.
Consider going to Lansdowne (1000 islands bridge) on a weekend, it's a longer drive but they have no restrictions. I have read about people going to Rainbow Bridge on a weekday and still getting rejected because some sort of quota.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Consider going to Lansdowne (1000 islands bridge) on a weekend, it's a longer drive but they have no restrictions. I have read about people going to Rainbow Bridge on a weekday and still getting rejected because some sort of quota.
try Peace bridge on Tues- Thursday no time restrictions on allowed days..

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada

Niagara seems to be the only area I've heard of with these restrictions, which originally were said to only be the "summer" schedule. The Niagara region is also part of the most populous corridor in Canada, so maybe that's why they extended it.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
is this applicable only to flagpoling ? I am planning to drive down from US.
Aimed at travelling from inside Canada without actually entering the US so not travelling from the US into Canada.

Interesting driving ‘down’ from the US to Canada assume you meant up from the US, Cleveland, just saying.

teletran

Jun 2, 2018
Just wanted to post our experience.

We decided to flagpole mid-week at the LANSDOWNE (Thousand Islands Bridge) after hearing all the difficulties that people were having at the Niagara location.

We drove out of Toronto and got to the Lansdowne crossing there around 1pm. At the US border, we informed the border agent that we are flagpoling. The asked us to park on the side. We then entered a building and waited around 5 minutes for a white piece of paper. We then drove back and presented the papers to the CBSA agent there. They asked a few questions and we were done in about 15 minutes. I believe the entire process took 30 minutes between both borders and was a painless experience. Everyone was pretty nice as well.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: btoronto

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi all,

Anyone who was rejected from their application for "flagpoling" MUST file a complaint through CBSA here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

CBSA is NOT allowed to reject "flagpolers". Top Canadian lawyers have agreed with me here.

Even those that made other plans because of their "flagpoling" policy should file a complaint too!

There is no repercussion for filing a complaint. If they waste your time, you should not be happy with them!!!!

This is Canada. If the public service fails you, it is your RIGHT to have it investigated.