+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

Arash_3021

Sep 21, 2016
I was rejected for landing at rainbow bridge although I was present there at 8 AM on Thursday, and no one was in the line. So I went to Fort Erie and landed there. The Fort Erie officer was not nice, but did the job anyways.
People with nationalities in US. TRAVELBAN list, don't try flag poling at US. border, they may keep you waiting and investigating, its not worth the stress, just do it peacefully in an IRCC office in Toronto.

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I was rejected for landing at rainbow bridge although I was present there at 8 AM on Thursday, and no one was in the line. So I went to Fort Erie and landed there. The Fort Erie officer was not nice, but did the job anyways.
People with nationalities in US. TRAVELBAN list, don't try flag poling at US. border, they may keep you waiting and investigating, its not worth the stress, just do it peacefully in an IRCC office in Toronto.
Hi Arash. That is unfair. CBSA is not authorized to reject PR validation at the Ports of Entry.

You should consider filing a complaint with CBSA management here:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

You shouldn’t be rejected when following both IRCC and CBSA’s instructions.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
You underestimate the authority that CBSA has.
Perhaps my wording could have been clearer. They can reject you based on the standard PR validation questions, but they cannot refuse to let you get to that point and consider your application.

I’m not a lawyer, but these two lawyers seem very confident that CBSA doesn’t have the authority to refuse to hear valid PR validations:
https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=a952f4e6-bb15-40a8-8b10-72a7f5303da9

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=06a127bd-ce24-45a1-8dd4-59bfd47a12cd

CoPR holders have rights. Rights can’t be taken away.

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Perhaps my wording could have been clearer. They can reject you based on the standard PR validation questions, but they cannot refuse to let you get to that point and consider your application.

I’m not a lawyer, but these two lawyers seem very confident that CBSA doesn’t have the authority to refuse to hear valid PR validations:
https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=a952f4e6-bb15-40a8-8b10-72a7f5303da9

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=06a127bd-ce24-45a1-8dd4-59bfd47a12cd

CoPR holders have rights. Rights can’t be taken away.
And yet CBSA appear to be preserving, if not expanding, the Pilot Project. They seem to believe that they have the authority to do so.

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
And yet CBSA appear to be preserving, if not expanding, the Pilot Project. They seem to believe that they have the authority to do so.
But anash did show up during the Pilot Project’s advised times, and was still refused. So WTF is going on at CBSA?

It wouldn’t be the first time government acted against people’s rights.

What I find interesting is that CBSA still publishes at these PoEs that it offers Immigration Services 24/7. Why wouldn’t they put an asterisk and mention this project somewhere? If they didn’t want you to bother them, it would work out a lot better if they actually informed people. Or are they exceeding their authority and can’t be too official about it?

Surely their pilot project purpose wasn’t to surprise people with unexpected refusals.

IRCC still says you can go to any PoE to validate PR, without absolute restrictions on day/time. They must be aware of CBSA’s position. Seems like IRCC doesn’t even agree that CBSA can do what it’s doing.

Life at CBSA must be lonely. The bar association and another branch of the same government seem to disagree with them. It’s just them and a few internet posters on their side.

Oh wait, even CBSA’s own publication has stated that they must process these applications:
The Canada Border Services Agency is legislatively bound to process applications received at the POE when a traveller is seeking to enter Canada.
Footnote 34: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/ae-ve/2014/srpoe-pepte-eng.html

All I can think is that something fishy is going on.

Anywho, I should have more to share over the coming weeks and months on the topic.

Last edited:

mastiff78

May 8, 2018
For someone moving from NY to Canada, does this Landing restriction apply at bridges in Niagara region? Or is it strictly for people already living in Canada?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
For someone moving from NY to Canada, does this Landing restriction apply at bridges in Niagara region? Or is it strictly for people already living in Canada?

The only reports of these restrictions I've seen have come from those attempting to flagpole, so people already residing in Canada. I haven't seen anyone from outside Canada running into this situation during initial landing.

m.samy

May 2, 2014
Hi all i have an important question...if i try to flagpole and the officers wont allow me to do so ....will i be able to enter canada eventhough my TRV is expired(still have valid work permit)and no valid Us visa???

Thanks

dpknaren

Oct 30, 2016
Hi folks, I have few questions!!

Me and my wife are planning to flagpole at Thousand Island, just waiting for our passports. I thought the landing restrictions are applicable to borders at Southern Ontario. Is it applicable for thousand island as well? If so, what day and time is preferable (we were planning this Friday at 9 AM)?

Another thing is that, I have my US Visitor Visa but my wife doesn't. Can I still do flagpoling with my wife without hassle? It may sound silly but I don't want to leave my wife at the border.

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Hi,

My husband and I got our express entry PR approval recently. We are expecting to get our passports in two days. My husband was the main applicant and I am the dependent.We want to do flagpoling and I have some questions

1. My BOWP was refused 5 days after my PR approval. I do not have any valid status right now in Canada. Can I flagpole with expired open work permit?
2. Should I apply for restoration of status/ Or that will be waste of money?
2. Do they ask to show address proof only for primary applicant or both? My husband is living in Ontario while I am living in Quebec because of work. Will it create a problem?

Thank you in advance.

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

My husband and I got our express entry PR approval recently. We are expecting to get our passports in two days. My husband was the main applicant and I am the dependent.We want to do flagpoling and I have some questions

1. My BOWP was refused 5 days after my PR approval. I do not have any valid status right now in Canada. Can I flagpole with expired open work permit?
2. Should I apply for restoration of status/ Or that will be waste of money?
2. Do they ask to show address proof only for primary applicant or both? My husband is living in Ontario while I am living in Quebec because of work. Will it create a problem?

Thank you in advance.
1. Why was it refused?

3. If you live/work in Quebec and don't have a CSQ, landing for PR could be a serious problem. Here's a case of another unknown individual's experience:

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
1. Why was it refused?

3. If you live/work in Quebec and don't have a CSQ, landing for PR could be a serious problem. Here's a case of another unknown individual's experience:

Thank you. My BOWP was refused because my husband has a PGWP but not a professional job. Also I had clearly mentioned in our PR application that I am working in Quebec, I provised my experience letter from my current employer as well.I also mentioned that I will eventually move out of Quebec once I find a job. I had provided all the emails of my job applications. The job search is still ongoing and I can provide more emails which were sent after PR application and approval.

Do you think it will get rejected even if we land in Ontario and given that I am the dependent and not the primary applicant?

LodFresa

Jun 22, 2017
Thank you. My BOWP was refused because my husband has a PGWP but not a professional job. Also I had clearly mentioned in our PR application that I am working in Quebec, I provised my experience letter from my current employer as well.I also mentioned that I will eventually move out of Quebec once I find a job. I had provided all the emails of my job applications. The job search is still ongoing and I can provide more emails which were sent after PR application and approval.

Do you think it will get rejected even if we land in Ontario and given that I am the dependent and not the primary applicant?
From what i know, if primary applicant is clear to land, dependents wont have any challenges as they will be covered by PA's salary.

LodFresa

Jun 22, 2017
Hi folks, I have few questions!!

Me and my wife are planning to flagpole at Thousand Island, just waiting for our passports. I thought the landing restrictions are applicable to borders at Southern Ontario. Is it applicable for thousand island as well? If so, what day and time is preferable (we were planning this Friday at 9 AM)?

Another thing is that, I have my US Visitor Visa but my wife doesn't. Can I still do flagpoling with my wife without hassle? It may sound silly but I don't want to leave my wife at the border.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/conversations/info-about-flagpoling-in-the-1000-islands-bridge.984951/

In the thread i have shared my personal experience.... have a look at it for answers