+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAD Appeal 2021

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hello everyone, been a while we read anything on RAD here. Does anyone got response from RAD? Let’s keep in touch and be in high spirits. It helps.

darkmode

May 6, 2021
Hello everyone, been a while we read anything on RAD here. Does anyone got response from RAD? Let’s keep in touch and be in high spirits. It helps.
I've been waiting on my appeal since October 2019 and haven't heard anything yet. I tried calling a few times but was told my case hasn't been assigned yet.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I've been waiting on my appeal since October 2019 and haven't heard anything yet. I tried calling a few times but was told my case hasn't been assigned yet.
sorry about that. This can be very frustrating.It’s not easy but you have to try to keep calm. From the moment it will be assigned, it will take at least 90 days for you to get decision.Try and take your mind off it and continue with your normal life.
I waited for almost 4 years to get a hearing and now I am two months on appeal.
It will end in joy at last.

darkmode

May 6, 2021
sorry about that. This can be very frustrating.It’s not easy but you have to try to keep calm. From the moment it will be assigned, it will take at least 90 days for you to get decision.Try and take your mind off it and continue with your normal life.
I waited for almost 4 years to get a hearing and now I am two months on appeal.
It will end in joy at last.
4 years is insane! It is kinda frustrating but I'm don't really dwell on it too much. Good luck on your appeal- hopefully it comes back positive and relatively quicker. I've read about some people getting them much earlier.

Reactions: Swagzzy

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
4 years is insane! It is kinda frustrating but I'm don't really dwell on it too much. Good luck on your appeal- hopefully it comes back positive and relatively quicker. I've read about some people getting them much earlier.
Yes o. Amen to your prayers. I really pray that the appeal comes back positive and really quick. The lawyer I chose for my appeal has a good record on appeals and appeals filed by her comes back on the average of 6 months. So, I’m positive and hopeful.

This forum really helps if we all will give ourselves positive vibes and strength. This too shall pass.

Reactions: darkmode

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
What are the chances in appeal if credibility is proven but member has raised IFA issue
It all depends on your lawyer’s argument and your supporting document(s) plus the RAD member that will handle your file. In all, it’s either here or there. Just stay positive and do all needful. Your lawyer should be able to give you assurance on percentage after putting the argument and evidence together.
My lawyer told me we have 70% positive chance but I am just positive because after my hearing, my previous lawyer told me we have 98% positive chance and yet I got a negative decision!!!

May 7, 2021
It all depends on your lawyer’s argument and your supporting document(s) plus the RAD member that will handle your file. In all, it’s either here or there. Just stay positive and do all needful. Your lawyer should be able to give you assurance on percentage after putting the argument and evidence together.
My lawyer told me we have 70% positive chance but I am just positive because after my hearing, my previous lawyer told me we have 98% positive chance and yet I got a negative decision!!!
Thank you for your response, wish you all the very best for your success.
What was your reason of rejection btw?

May 7, 2021
Hello guys, how long RAD is taking time for decisions these days, i heard they have expedited the process and now its between 3 to 6 month, is that right?

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hello guys, how long RAD is taking time for decisions these days, i heard they have expedited the process and now its between 3 to 6 month, is that right?
I have provided answer to this earlier. Don’t get agitated. Do the needful, file in your application and put your mind at rest. It’s better it comes back late and positive the quicker and negative.
Nonetheless, it all depends on the officer and RAD member that handles your file. 3 month is rare. 6 to 8 months very common. The worst case is 12 months. Few terrible situations takes up to 18 months.
Mine is 2 months and a week now.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hi Darkmode, any update? Did you communicate with IRB to enquire about your file? 2019 is weird! I wish you get positive response soonest. Please update this forum if you get any response.

May 7, 2021
I have provided answer to this earlier. Don’t get agitated. Do the needful, file in your application and put your mind at rest. It’s better it comes back late and positive the quicker and negative.
Nonetheless, it all depends on the officer and RAD member that handles your file. 3 month is rare. 6 to 8 months very common. The worst case is 12 months. Few terrible situations takes up to 18 months.
Mine is 2 months and a week now.
Agreed!
Thank you for your reply.