antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
urzaaa said:
Hi,
Some news here. I applied mid February 2014 NOC 2174 and got a phone call yesterday requesting more documents. So it looks like they are moving a little bit for other's than Food and Beverage Processing Industry.
That's good news, which number did they call you from ?

thangtran3112

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-02-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
PACE
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-2017
Interview........
Background passed July 28, 2017
Passport Req..
09-19-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-11-2017
urzaaa said:
Hi,
Some news here. I applied mid February 2014 NOC 2174 and got a phone call yesterday requesting more documents. So it looks like they are moving a little bit for other's than Food and Beverage Processing Industry.
Congrat, what is your work permit expiry date? My NOC is 2173, waiting since May 2014

thangtran3112

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-02-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
PACE
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-2017
Interview........
Background passed July 28, 2017
Passport Req..
09-19-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-11-2017
Tomboy said:
A quick question, do I need to update AINP for my salary increment?
yes, u should should. Although salary does not matter for Ainp, as long as your salary is above the required wage

urzaaa

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
antistar10 said:
That's good news, which number did they call you from ?
I'd prefer not to answer that question to preserve the government worker's privacy and so that people don't start calling her. Only thing I can say is that I didn't answer the phone (never answer unknown calls) and I returned the phone call after I google it and saw it on this forum.

thangtran3112 said:
Congrat, what is your work permit expiry date? My NOC is 2173, waiting since May 2014
January 2016. I renewed it because I'm also applying for CEC, but the one I sent for the AINP expired in October 2014.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
urzaaa said:
I'd prefer not to answer that question to preserve the government worker's privacy and so that people don't start calling her. Only thing I can say is that I didn't answer the phone (never answer unknown calls) and I returned the phone call after I google it and saw it on this forum.

January 2016. I renewed it because I'm also applying for CEC, but the one I sent for the AINP expired in October 2014.
Are you saying that you already have PR application in process?

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
urzaaa said:
Yes I am. I applied to Canadian Experience Class while waiting for an AINP nomination.
Thank you for you answer and good luck. But it is concerning to me that they appear to give away nominations to people who already applied for PR while there are lots of people with AINP as their only option. AINP HAS to be aware of that but they are still choosing to do it. I guess my question is WHY?

movincool

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 29, 2015
AOR Received.
January 17, 2016
Med's Request
June 1, 2016
Med's Done....
June 6, 2016
dunj said:
Thank you for you answer and good luck. But it is concerning to me that they appear to give away nominations to people who already applied for PR while there are lots of people with AINP as their only option. AINP HAS to be aware of that but they are still choosing to do it. I guess my question is WHY?

Well when you tell them you already have a PR application in process, they ask you if you want to continue with Nomination or not and most people take their nomination just as a second option i guess.

urzaaa

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
dunj said:
They don't have a way of knowing if you have already applied to other program unless they ask you and you don't lie. She just ask me if there were any news since I sent my application in February and I just mentioned that I applied to CEC, but that was all she asked. Apart from that, if I get the nomination, I'll keep the certificate in case my PR through CEC isn't approved (which can happen). If you take a look at the Application Processing and Inventory page you'll see that they are giving much more priority to the unskilled workers than to the skilled ones. And in my opinion that's not fair. Everybody should have the same options and in AINP we aren't the same.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
urzaaa said:
They don't have a way of knowing if you have already applied to other program unless they ask you and you don't lie. She just ask me if there were any news since I sent my application in February and I just mentioned that I applied to CEC, but that was all she asked. Apart from that, if I get the nomination, I'll keep the certificate in case my PR through CEC isn't approved (which can happen). If you take a look at the Application Processing and Inventory page you'll see that they are giving much more priority to the unskilled workers than to the skilled ones. And in my opinion that's not fair. Everybody should have the same options and in AINP we aren't the same.
They could know through your UCI number as far as I know. Please keep us updated. Unskilled workers in no way have priority, there's just not as many of them.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How could they possibly know your current PR application status? It is clearly stated

"The AINP cannot provide status updates on your Application for Permanent Residence in Canada. CIC will advise you of the visa office processing your application"

Meaning, they don't have access to CIC database. Even if you change your address you need to inform both CIC and AINP. Because if you only let CIC know, AINP will not know until you tell them..

This is actually my biggest concern with the AINP, as they don't follow up the current status of AINP applicants regularly, it is highly likely they issue or process applications from ineligible applicant or from applicant who doesn't need it anymore. Furthermore, there is probably a big chunk of the 10,000 ish application that they don't really need to process.

Perhaps they want to do that kind of monitoring but lack of resources or something. I don't know. But from the limited information in this forum, my guess is that they don't do such monitoring.

I actually know some of my friends who already got the ITA and currently processing PR too in the federal through EE, They did apply AINP but never heard anything. So chances are their file is still in the queue.

There's gotta be a better way to manage that backlog, I mean come on... there are tons of operation management experts out there. How come this things going on and on for a long long time.. Just use common sense..

sai44

Apr 30, 2015
urzaaa said:
So your WP tht you submitted to AINP is expired last year, so now your current WP is BOWP based on your applicantion for PR Or something else? IF It BOWP then they will know you have active PR file with CIC.
There was one guy who submitted his BOWP and AINP put his file on hold until he gets result of PR under CEC.
Best of luck and please let us know outcome of your application.
Hansdza said:
How could they possibly know your current PR application status? It is clearly stated

"The AINP cannot provide status updates on your Application for Permanent Residence in Canada. CIC will advise you of the visa office processing your application"

Meaning, they don't have access to CIC database. Even if you change your address you need to inform both CIC and AINP. Because if you only let CIC know, AINP will not know until you tell them..

This is actually my biggest concern with the AINP, as they don't follow up the current status of AINP applicants regularly, it is highly likely they issue or process applications from ineligible applicant or from applicant who doesn't need it anymore. Furthermore, there is probably a big chunk of the 10,000 ish application that they don't really need to process.

Perhaps they want to do that kind of monitoring but lack of resources or something. I don't know. But from the limited information in this forum, my guess is that they don't do such monitoring.

I actually know some of my friends who already got the ITA and currently processing PR too in the federal through EE, They did apply AINP but never heard anything. So chances are their file is still in the queue.

There's gotta be a better way to manage that backlog, I mean come on... there are tons of operation management experts out there. How come this things going on and on for a long long time.. Just use common sense..
There are 3100 files under skilled worker category and they should have LMO/LMIA in order to apply for that stream so i m guessing they must have gone through EE. Simple is that. I cant believe AINP still cant grasp that fact. 3100 applications out of 9800 is big chunk of all applications. I personally know 2 people who has applied in jan. 2014 and they had +LMO and now 1 got landed last month and one almost done and funny thing he called them last week and they said his file is still in queue.
**EDIT** i know there could be some applicants under skilled category who doesn't require positive LMIA and to work in canada but again i would say majority would be with +LMIA.