06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
pnp525 said:
what's your job title ? CAD technician or drafting ? which industry you are working for?
mechanical engineering technologist - design & drafting
drilling products industry

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
pnp525 said:
you can use both 2232 or 2253 .. Luck man
not really, I have only 1,5 year of experience and most of the duties match 2253 for now. My diploma says mechanical engineering technologist - design and drafting, my job position is the same, but 2232 has duties which I don't do. As per CIC requirements the noc must match most of the duties so it is safer to use only 2253.

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
MONKUCHA said:
not really, I have only 1,5 year of experience and most of the duties match 2253 for now. My diploma says mechanical engineering technologist - design and drafting, my job position is the same, but 2232 has duties which I don't do. As per CIC requirements the noc must match most of the duties so it is safer to use only 2253.
your know what , my job duty is match 2253 , but my diploma says Geomatics engineering ! and my title is Geomatics technician , so your title in your job offer is what ?

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
pnp525 said:
your know what , my job duty is match 2253 , but my diploma says Geomatics engineering ! and my title is Geomatics technician , so your title in your job offer is what ?
the title on my contract is the same. because my boss first hired me and than gave me the contract he used my title from diploma as a job position.
the job was advertised as mechanical drafter/ designer

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
pnp525 said:
but if you job duties match 2253 you can still apply under engineering occupations. If you work as a drafter in your field (Geomatics engineering) you should be fine. You just have to give them a letter describing your duties as drafter in Geomatics engineering industry and send them a copy of your diploma which obviously is related to the job.
As I remember there was someone who graduated as Electrical Engineering Technician but he worked as a electro/mechanical drafter and he got his nomination last year.

From AINP:
You must provide evidence of related education/training (Geomatics technician) and experience as an engineer, designer or drafter, (letter from your employer describing duties from 2253)

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MONKUCHA said:
but if you job duties match 2253 you can still apply under engineering occupations. If you work as a drafter in your field (Geomatics engineering) you should be fine. You just have to give them a letter describing your duties as drafter in Geomatics engineering industry and send them a copy of your diploma which obviously is related to the job.
As I remember there was someone who graduated as Electrical Engineering Technician but he worked as a electro/mechanical drafter and he got his nomination last year.

From AINP:
You must provide evidence of related education/training (Geomatics technician) and experience as an engineer, designer or drafter, (letter from your employer describing duties from 2253)
Hey you can also write to them and request a change of category from EDS to SRS-Engg. My friend had applied EDS-EnggNOC same time as me (April 2014). I got my nomination Dec 3, 2014. He didn't get it. After that seeing my situation, he wrote to AINP requesting a category change to SRS. They changed his category and have started processing his file.

Try all means. As fas as I have seen first preference is for SRS-Engg, then SRS-PGWP-EnggNOC, after that EDS-EnggNOC.

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
MONKUCHA said:

From AINP:

Thanks your idea, not sure if it works but thanks a lot !!

sucrecruz

Oct 25, 2014
I have a few questions ; has anyone applied as a project manager under any of the various stream and if yes what is the time frame it took for you to get the certificate

jaswal

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
pnp525 said:
Thanks your idea, not sure if it works but thanks a lot !!
Hi, yes it works. I have a diploma in electro-mechanical engineering technician nd m working as electrical designer/drafter

SOORAJ

Jul 18, 2014
Hi All... I have doubt about my AINP and EE . I already applied PNP last august under SRS(post graduate) and I am waiting for Pnp. Now I like to apply for EE, because my employer willing to give me LIMA. My Doubt is that If I go for LIMA from my employer, is my current status of pnp to be expired( means post graduate category)???? I got one year post graduate open work permit.. Whether I can continue with both EE and PNP at same time.?? One of my friend told me that if I get LIMA I can work only under that employer and my current open work permit no longer valid and pnp application should be channelled. So I am confused to proceed my LIMA application. Please help me .Thank you

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
SOORAJ said:
Hi All... I have doubt about my AINP and EE . I already applied PNP last august under SRS(post graduate) and I am waiting for Pnp. Now I like to apply for EE, because my employer willing to give me LIMA. My Doubt is that If I go for LIMA from my employer, is my current status of pnp to be expired( means post graduate category)???? I got one year post graduate open work permit.. Whether I can continue with both EE and PNP at same time.?? One of my friend told me that if I get LIMA I can work only under that employer and my current open work permit no longer valid and pnp application should be channelled. So I am confused to proceed my LIMA application. Please help me .Thank you
If u get +LMIA and apply for WP based on it then it will be closed WP so u can only work for tht particular employer..and as far as ur application for PNP is concern no it wont affect ur application. they will process it as long as u have valid WP closed or open...

SOORAJ

Jul 18, 2014
Mariolopez said:
If u get +LMIA and apply for WP based on it then it will be closed WP so u can only work for tht particular employer..and as far as ur application for PNP is concern no it wont affect ur application. they will process it as long as u have valid WP closed or open...
Thank you Mariolopez......My concern is that i applied pnp in SRS -post graduate category. If i get closed work permit through LIMA my pnp category no longer valid (SRS-post graduate) ..is it???? . Is it possible, if I obtain LIMA and not gonna apply for Work permit(closed) and continue with my current work permit (open) ????? Then I can continue with EE and pnp at same time.???

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
SOORAJ said:
Thank you Mariolopez......My concern is that i applied pnp in SRS -post graduate category. If i get closed work permit through LIMA my pnp category no longer valid (SRS-post graduate) ..is it???? . Is it possible, if I obtain LIMA and not gonna apply for Work permit(closed) and continue with my current work permit (open) ????? Then I can continue with EE and pnp at same time.???
You can apply for PR LMIA which they claim only takes 10 days :)

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
SOORAJ said:
It doesnt matter closed Or open WP as long as u have valid WP they process ur application..yes also under post grad category too.and if u applying for LMIA just to points for EE for which ur employer dont have to pay $1000 but u wont be able to apply for WP based on it and if ur current WP expires before AINP process ur application then it may be declined..so dont worry about closed WP..get LMIA tht u can extend WP with and apply for WP before ur current one expires so u can continue to work..u can apply for EE and PNP at same time so no worries...eventually when u come to the point u will have to decide which route u wanna go EE or PNP...god bless

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a questions does anyone applied for Graphic Art Technician NOC(5223). If yes the what will be the current time frame as i heard that AINP will process the file by the occupation. I applied as EDS intenational.