+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

adenho

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hey guys,

I think this information may be helpful to everybody.

I applied SRS without a WP on November, then I forwarded my Work Permit on January. I got an email that my application has been declined because of WP was missing at the time of application. So dont send your application with any paper that missing!
Waited for more than 6 months for nothing. Big lesson.

Reactions: tz94

katelove

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys,

I applied SRS without a WP on November, then I forwarded my Work Permit on January. I got an email that my application has been declined because of WP was missing at the time of application. So dont send your application with any paper that missing!
Without work permit?? Why did u send without a work permit? You can't miss any documents from checklist except not applicable case... Sorry...

adenho

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Without work permit?? Why did u send without a work permit? You can't miss any documents from checklist except not applicable case... Sorry...
Do you remember when they announced the new stream, I didn't want to miss a spot before they terminate SRS. I honestly think its not fair that they did not say anything when they opened my application, otherwise I should have sent another application.

katelove

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Do you remember when they announced the new stream, I didn't want to miss a spot before they terminate SRS. I honestly think its not fair that they did not say anything when they opened my application, otherwise I should have sent another application.
I understand ur feeling... Apply again...I agree that this system has a lot of problems.

adenho

Star Member
May 29, 2018
I understand your feeling... Apply again... I agree that this immigration system has many problems. It should be improved a lot.
You are right! Even tho CIC updated their processing time every 2 weeks, and they will let you know if there is something missing at the first place. Good thing is I can apply again, now I am looking at another 6 months wait.

Elizabeth paul

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hi all. I need your advice. So I got an email and a call from ainp office in Edmonton requesting for my work permit, I applied to extend my work permit after it expired and it takes upto 110 days before final decision. I explained this to the officer but she said that she will be closing my file if I cannot provide it on or before June 8, plz I do I go about this. I told her that I have copies of documents submitted, receipt and express post receipts but she disagreed. Plz how do I go about this??
So if you are legally able to extend ur work permit you can go to the nearest boarder service and get ur work permit. Cos I got from the nearest boarder when the sudden change in the rules was announced. Don’t know if that works for you. It might help you.

Reactions: Temmilee

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
So if you are legally able to extend ur work permit you can go to the nearest boarder service and get ur work permit. Cos I got from the nearest boarder when the sudden change in the rules was announced. Don’t know if that works for you. It might help you.
My question is that do you get your extension at the border? When does the rules change that you can get your work permit extension at the border plz?? I went to the border around March of the year and was told that I can only apply online or paper route. Plz send a link for prove too. Thanks

Elizabeth paul

Star Member
May 7, 2018
My question is that do you get your extension at the border? When does the rules change that you can get your work permit extension at the border plz?? I went to the border around March of the year and was told that I can only apply online or paper route. Plz send a link for prove too. Thanks
That’s wat I told you I’m not sure about ur case but it worked for me and there was a spelling mistake in my name so I went again the second time to correct it. But In ur case I have no idea. You can always call the border officers custom service and ask if they can help you. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong. Google and see which border is little good based on the review.

Reactions: Temmilee

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
That’s wat I told you I’m not sure about ur case but it worked for me and there was a spelling mistake in my name so I went again the second time to correct it. But In ur case I have no idea. You can always call the border officers custom service and ask if they can help you. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong. Google and see which border is little good based on the review.
Perfect. Maybe I should try that again but I will call to confirm that before I proceed. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Elizabeth paul

Temmilee

Apr 27, 2018
Perfect. Maybe I should try that again but I will call to confirm that before I proceed. Thanks a lot.
One more thing, do you flagpole after you applied for your extension, I googled it and most was after applying online or paper route. What are the docs you went with. Thanks

Sherry332

May 14, 2018
Hi all. I need your advice. So I got an email and a call from ainp office in Edmonton requesting for my work permit, I applied to extend my work permit after it expired and it takes upto 110 days before final decision. I explained this to the officer but she said that she will be closing my file if I cannot provide it on or before June 8, plz I do I go about this. I told her that I have copies of documents submitted, receipt and express post receipts but she disagreed. Plz how do I go about this??
When did you apply

Reactions: BTSDNA

BTSDNA

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hey guys,

There's a reconsideration process now for declined applications. Go with that route if you can, just tell them you wanted to get your application before the stream expired (which didn't in the end) and that you assumed that "by time of application" meant at the time your application was assessed. It's really funny that when it favours them, it's necessary to meet the requirements when the application is received, but when it doesn't it's when the application is assessed (6+ months later). For example, your application was denied because you didn't meet the requirements when the application was received, but we're all required to meet those same requirements 6 months later when they formally assess the application. People were denied a nomination for being pregnant and thus not being able to work at the time of assessment. Ridiculous. The wording in their requirements says "at the time of application". Doesn't make any sense, now does it?

Also, could you please tell us when your application was received and when did you get your file number? Thanks.

Last edited:

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
Please share your profile and when did u apply, when did the workpermit expired. How long it had being since u r waitinf for ur wp