+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so many news about labour sortage in alberta.hopefully TFWand AINP will be fixed http://globalnews.ca/news/1587419/shortage-of-workers-in-alberta-find-a-better-solution-than-tfwp-says-calgary-economist/

remiiade

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Calgarynaija said:
Hi Guys

I don't know if this has been asked already but can you offer your opinions. So my Brother graduated last year and has been working full time engineering job since July 2013, and applied for the Alberta Nominee sometime in February 2014. He called yesterday and CIC said they have increased processing time to 14 months just to get nominated!! So i have told him, he might as well apply under CEC scheme. But my question is can he do that? will he be penalized or will there be a conflict of interest? a friend said it shouldn't be since one is provincial and the other is federal but want to be sure? Please advise. Thanks
My sister, abeg tell bros to apply sharp sharp. No penality @ all. The sooner the better. Welcome to my favourite blog....lol. Once I see the post I just know say na you. :D

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, my husband is nov.27 AWE applicant, semi-skilled worker. He haven't receive his nomination yet. Our work permit will expire on Dec.14th, 2014.
Under my knowledge he could apply to an open work permit, because we would be holder of AINP Certificate. So, here is my question:
Can I (as his wife) also apply to an open work permit at the same time? Can I do it online? Some websites says, that spouse can apply to an open work permit and other sites says that you can get an open work permit after your partner has already his open work permit. So it means I have to wait until to apply for my owp.
I'm confused, guys could you please advice me which way is the right one?
Thanks a lot, and good luck to all of us!!! ::)

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Chanchis said:
Hello guys, my husband is nov.27 AWE applicant, semi-skilled worker. He haven't receive his nomination yet. Our work permit will expire on Dec.14th, 2014.
Under my knowledge he could apply to an open work permit, because we would be holder of AINP Certificate. So, here is my question:
Can I (as his wife) also apply to an open work permit at the same time? Can I do it online? Some websites says, that spouse can apply to an open work permit and other sites says that you can get an open work permit after your partner has already his open work permit. So it means I have to wait until to apply for my owp.
I'm confused, guys could you please advice me which way is the right one?
Thanks a lot, and good luck to all of us!!! ::)
Holding a nomination certificate won't be enough to apply for an open work permit. After receiving the nomination your husband needs to submit his application for PR and after receiving AOR he will be eligible to apply for the bridging open work permit , please note he has to have a valid status in order to qualify.

To be eligible for a bridging WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.
Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

Foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (work permit exempt) situations.
Foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status.
Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application
Foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry.
"Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant".

After he receives his OWP, you could apply:

Spouse or Common-law Partner and Dependents

Certain conditions are required to be met by the holder of a Bridging WP, in order for their spouse to also be eligible for an open WP under R205(c)(ii).

In all cases the Bridging WP must be valid for longer than 6 months.

For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant’s occupation.

Qi

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Nomination.....
17-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Mariolopez said:
As per today's update 1700 nominations to go until december 31 2014..
Good Control. They will issue 1700 in the next three months.so 500-600 per month! Good luck everyone!

iamryans

Sep 27, 2014
category : semi skilled worker / Strategic Recruitment Stream
Application received : november 27 2013
file number received : january 10 2014

work permit expire : january 2015

GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE GUYS

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qi said:
Good Control. They will issue 1700 in the next three months.so 500-600 per month! Good luck everyone!
Thanks for info.

Guys who got nominations on September, please share your last 5 digits of file number. It will be very helpful.
Thanks!

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Qi said:
It seems they are rejecting a lot of applicants. by June they said they did 2700 nominations. In last four months, they only issued 700 hundred nominations .i.e. less than 200 per month. Pretty tight !!!!!!!!!!!!! impressive stretch ---------- :D