+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quit my job? - EE - FSW

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
Hi All,

We have filed our application with the CIC - EE as FSW with my profile as main applicant, as my spouse had lower IELTS score.

Due to personal reasons, i want to quit my job this month, will this affect my application in any way? I am going to be self-employed taking up writing as freelancer.

We have not filed any nominations for provinices as of now, but if we are planning to apply for Ontario once it opens,
1) will my profile still be vaild as i wouldn't be working then?
2) can i show my status as self-employed then?
3) Should i update my employment details in CIC application?

4) Also, will my status of moving from salaried to self-employment have any negative impact on our applications?

Kindly provide your suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Angel.

gsantosjr

Sep 10, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
I have just applied (Aug 24th) for PR as a FSW.

Just before I received the ITA (Jul 13th), I quit my old job and found a new one.
It was not self-employment but the advisor I hired told me to update the details before submitting the application.

This is not an expert opinion, but if I were you and had a choice, I would not do it.
If I did it, I would certainly notify CIC about it.

However, I was told that self-employment MAY delay things and require more information.
If you are just starting on this market, it could be tricky.

Please note that I have no access to myCIC as my advisor does all the job for me.
I had never even accessed the system and have no knowledge of how to notify them of such a change.