+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Questions on How the Canadian Citizenship Certificate is Received

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
Hi All valued members of this forum,

Please note that my application is being processed urgently when answering the questions below

Just quick questions regarding the citizenship certificate. At the end of the road when the government send us the certificate, do they:

- Send it by regular mail with Canada Post? Or there's a different way they send it (different carrier? express post with Canada Post? Registered post with Canada Post? ... etc)

- Can I request an e-Certificate or pick up from one of the government offices?

Thanks in advance!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
If you have an in-person oath, certificate is ready the same day. For online oaths, two weeks is more or less the norm for receiving certificates by regular mail. Since you are already approved for urgent processing, you could perhaps use the same grounds for expedited certificate in case of online oath. I do recall one case here of someone picking up the cert from the office, so I'm guessing it is not unheard of.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi All valued members of this forum,

Please note that my application is being processed urgently when answering the questions below

Just quick questions regarding the citizenship certificate. At the end of the road when the government send us the certificate, do they:

- Send it by regular mail with Canada Post? Or there's a different way they send it (different carrier? express post with Canada Post? Registered post with Canada Post? ... etc)

- Can I request an e-Certificate or pick up from one of the government offices?

Thanks in advance!
Seems to vary by office a lot. What's yours?