+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi This is the first time I'm using this forum,I'm Russian and my wife is Canadian we r married for almost 2 years and we got married in Canada,but we leave together for the last 7 years in USA legally working under the visas,we are planning to move to Canada and applied for the sponsorship on July 7th 2016,we submitted all the documents all together,we r going to do it thru Russia bc this seems to be the faster way. My wife is already in Canada and starting her new job from August and I'm currently in USA but going back to Moscow to wait for my approval... Any idea how long it will take them to approve my PR?
Thank you

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Kara123 said:
Hi This is the first time I'm using this forum,I'm Russian and my wife is Canadian we r married for almost 2 years and we got married in Canada,but we leave together for the last 7 years in USA legally working under the visas,we are planning to move to Canada and applied for the sponsorship on July 7th 2016,we submitted all the documents all together,we r going to do it thru Russia bc this seems to be the faster way. My wife is already in Canada and starting her new job from August and I'm currently in USA but going back to Moscow to wait for my approval... Any idea how long it will take them to approve my PR?
Thank you

Processing time is 11 months including 55 days of sponsor assesment.. outland.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Kara123 said:
Thank you
A straight forward case won't take nearly as long as the posted time online.

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Thank you for ur reply! I have another question, we got the file number does this means they started process of it? I know first they do the sponsor approval and then me...

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Kara123 said:
Thank you for ur reply! I have another question, we got the file number does this means they started process of it? I know first they do the sponsor approval and then me...
Yes

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Thank you! So sorry but I have another question, we sent all the police reports from USA and Russia plus the medical all together on July 7th. How long is it before those expire? And if they expire at all..
Thank you

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Kara123 said:
Thank you! So sorry but I have another question, we sent all the police reports from USA and Russia plus the medical all together on July 7th. How long is it before those expire? And if they expire at all..
Thank you
Medical reports have 1yr expiry dates and police clerance have 1yr or 6 months expiry date it dpends upon country..

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi I have another question, me and my wife are top professional ballroom dancers and we were invited to perform and compete at the dance competitions in Vancouver and Calgary in October, I have invitations and flights with hotel and I was just wondering because I'm in process of getting my PR will it be a problem to get the TRV? I have a job contract in Russia.
Please let me know what u think
Thank you