+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question about photos and the medical

ella19

Aug 8, 2009
Hi,

The CIC website talks about visa photos which it says are different to passport photos. But when i booked my medical the receptionist said i need to bring passport photos. She seemed a bit unsure of some details though, so now im a bit confused...can someone please tell me did they bring normal passport photos to their medical or the visa photos?

thanks

Sorry ive been asking a lot of questions on here recently, i just want to have everything right :)

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
All the photos should have the same specifications (white background etc). Don't use passport photos for the medical.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ella: You need 2 sets of photos. You need to bring 1 set of 5 photos to your medical which CAN be passport photos. The only specification is that they must be taken within the last 6 months preceding your medical exam. The 2nd set of photos are the immigration photos which are submitted along with your completed application. These ones are NOT the same as passport photos and must follow the specifications in your country-specific guide.

To make your life easier, these can of course be the same photos but they don't need to be. You don't need to follow the immigration photo specifications for your medical.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Actually, the photos requested are the same as for passports in Germany . They are called biometric photos and have the same specifications as those requested by CIC.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Its really hard to tell but if you are in canada go to cosco or any photo shop and specify weather they are for passport, pr, canadian passport. They know what immigration look for. If you are out of canada, cut a specimen on the application forms guide and take it to them. good luck