+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions

ts1234

Aug 1, 2017
Hi,

I have a couple of questions and would appreciate it greatly if you can take some time to help me with those.

1. I have received my ITA. I am now collecting my documents and will hopefully apply by next week. Question is, how long do they usually take to let you know about your PR status? Once you get the PR status, when do you have to go by? I have been reading that it is usually till the passport expiry date or the medical? In that case, since my passport expires in 2022, I'm guessing they will give me the deadline till August of next year (since that will be the medical)?

2. I am in a relationship but when I initially applied, it was just me. My partner wants to move to Canada but would it be easier if we get married after receiving my PR status? How long does it take for spousal visa?

Thanking you in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a couple of questions and would appreciate it greatly if you can take some time to help me with those.

1. I have received my ITA. I am now collecting my documents and will hopefully apply by next week. Question is, how long do they usually take to let you know about your PR status? Once you get the PR status, when do you have to go by? I have been reading that it is usually till the passport expiry date or the medical? In that case, since my passport expires in 2022, I'm guessing they will give me the deadline till August of next year (since that will be the medical)?

2. I am in a relationship but when I initially applied, it was just me. My partner wants to move to Canada but would it be easier if we get married after receiving my PR status? How long does it take for spousal visa?

Thanking you in advance.
1 - Yes you'd have to land before your medical expiry date.

2 - 12 months for sponsoring your spouse.

ts1234

Aug 1, 2017
1 - Yes you'd have to land before your medical expiry date.

2 - 12 months for sponsoring your spouse.
Thank you so much!

I just have one more question. I have heard that it takes around 75 days to get the PR after you go and then you can come back? You have to stay 2 years in 5 years time to sustain your PR. Is this true?