+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions to Marco Mendicino, Canadian Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Ask Him if there any changes in Citizenship application.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I'll be on a zoom call tomorrow with the Honourable Marco Mendicino at 7:00PM. What questions would you ask Mr. Mendicino if you had the opportunity?
Hi

Sorry who are you? And why would you be representing public? Are you politician? Do you have canadian education?

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
My question is why are those who have been waiting since July 2019 for citizenship, and do Not have to take the test due to age, still waiting for their interview? Why can't we have the interview on zoom, or in person with safety measures ? This is the stumbling block that could be easily solved by the above solutions. Then a zoom Oath ceremony as is being held for many others would be the final step to becoming a Citizen for those like myself who are ready .

Rush1973

Sep 2, 2020
I'll be on a zoom call tomorrow with the Honourable Marco Mendicino at 7:00PM. What questions would you ask Mr. Mendicino if you had the opportunity?
Hi and thanks for sharing.

Would you please transfer the following question to the Minster

On what basis candidates are chosen for virtual oath ceremonies. As an example, we applied in March 2019 and had our in-person ceremony scheduled in March 2020 which got cancelled due to COVID, and we are still waiting for our invitation for virtual oath ceremony while others who applied months later to us (in same processing centre – Scarborough) are getting their invitations even though they don’t have previously canceled ceremonies. We are happy for everyone who got their ceremony (and it actually give us hope) but we really need this process to end for us because we have a pressing need.

We all know that every case is unique but I am talking about a trend here, I’ve mentioned my family application here as an example only.

In case the choosing process is done on a random basis, what is the reason behind that?

Finally, thank you again and thanks to the Minster for giving this opportunity.

Regards,

Last edited:

pandapanda

Jul 20, 2020
Thank you, all!

I read all the posts and condensed the questions to the following:

IRCC has never clearly communicated Covid-19 reopening plans to the public. Many of our immigrant friends, family and colleagues in Canada have been left largely in the dark about the timelines of re-opening.

Can you clarify the following:
1. If there is such a plan, when will it be announced?
2. When will IRCC resume citizenship tests?
3. What measures have been put in place to deal with the large backlog of application processing work accumulated during the months of shut down?
Unfortunately, my questions were not addressed during the zoom call just now.

Reactions: Pumping

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Seriously man, is this A joke ? Why are you in zome call with the immigration minister at first place!?
And what has been addressed by others if no one ansower your question.

what is the nature of this meeting? Why no other people heard of it ?

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
Guys, don’t bother with @pandapanda, if you look at his/her timeline, you’ll see a major discrepancy, not even urgent processing applications take 2 weeks from AOR to actual test, which he/she stated didn’t even apply for. I know timelines by heart while being on this forum, each step was talking like forever and this forum was of great help to me, but I’ve also seen people like him/her, having nothing else better to do than to create a fuss over nothing. Hey, @pandapanda, read a book if you’re bored, stop bothering people with your SF stories.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
The 1 million $ question is :
Will tests will be online ? (Many universities and Certifications companies are nowdays able to ensure secure remote testing environement)
or at least to follow US : Drive-through Tests

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Will tests will be online ? (Many universities and Certifications companies are nowdays able to ensure secure remote testing environement)
If they cant start conducting tests this winter then i am not sure if they have any other choice or they might choose for online oral test instead of written test.

pandapanda

Jul 20, 2020
The minister did speak at length about digitalization of immigration. He did say that it was of a high priority.

This was not a direct answer, but it can be very clearly inferred that if not all, but most immigration related processing and submissions would be digital in the not so distant future. Will the exams be digital? Who knows...