Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
We will be doing our first landing in April 2016 and would appreciate if someone can clarify the below points.

1. PR Card Photo: I hear that one COPR with the photo will be taken and the photo will be used to process PR Cards. Can we give them extra photographs in case the photo on the COPR does not match the photos specs (so as not to cause delays in getting PR Cards)

2. Is foreign driving license that shows driving experience enough or do we still need to get a separate driving experience letter from the issuing authority?

3. As it takes roughly 3 months to get PR cards can we apply for a driving license within the first week of landing, or do we need to produce our PR cards?

4. Can we get a UPS Mailing address (with Street Name) as the PR card mailing address?

5. Can we start a bank account immediately after landing? Within the first week ?

6. Is it possible to apply for a Health Card without PR cards? Within the first week of landing?

dxbprincesa

Jan 10, 2013
We will be doing our first landing in April 2016 and would appreciate if someone can clarify the below points.

1. PR Card Photo: I hear that one COPR with the photo will be taken and the photo will be used to process PR Cards. Can we give them extra photographs in case the photo on the COPR does not match the photos specs (so as not to cause delays in getting PR Cards) - Please print and show the photo requirement sizes (mentioned in the letter) when you go to any Photo Studio and they know what should be done.

2. Is foreign driving license that shows driving experience enough or do we still need to get a separate driving experience letter from the issuing authority? Please go to any RTA branches and request for Driver's Certificate, i believe it cost AED 60. Call RTA and ask.

3. As it takes roughly 3 months to get PR cards can we apply for a driving license within the first week of landing, or do we need to produce our PR cards? Yes! you can apply for driving license as soon as you land. Please show them the RTA driving certificate.

4. Can we get a UPS Mailing address (with Street Name) as the PR card mailing address? No

5. Can we start a bank account immediately after landing? Within the first week ? Yes

6. Is it possible to apply for a Health Card without PR cards? Within the first week of landing? Yes. but depends which Province you will land.

letbonist

Feb 9, 2016
dxbprincesa said:
4. Can we get a UPS Mailing address (with Street Name) as the PR card mailing address? No
I don't know that this is true; I hope "no" isn't the correct answer, as I am wondering the same... Please see my current thread along with a few others discussing this:

"obtaining-pr-card-while-living-in-the-usa" is the title of my current thread discussing this. It should be near the top of the threads as of this moment.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
dxbprincesa said:

1. PR Card Photo: I hear that one COPR with the photo will be taken and the photo will be used to process PR Cards. Can we give them extra photographs in case the photo on the COPR does not match the photos specs (so as not to cause delays in getting PR Cards) - Please print and show the photo requirement sizes (mentioned in the letter) when you go to any Photo Studio and they know what should be done.

2. Is foreign driving license that shows driving experience enough or do we still need to get a separate driving experience letter from the issuing authority? Please go to any RTA branches and request for Driver's Certificate, i believe it cost AED 60. Call RTA and ask.

3. As it takes roughly 3 months to get PR cards can we apply for a driving license within the first week of landing, or do we need to produce our PR cards? Yes! you can apply for driving license as soon as you land. Please show them the RTA driving certificate.

5. Can we start a bank account immediately after landing? Within the first week ? Yes

6. Is it possible to apply for a Health Card without PR cards? Within the first week of landing? Yes. but depends which Province you will land.

Can we give extra photographs to the immigration officer at the airport at the time of landing ? Because I have heard that he will take the COPR with Photo which will used to process the PR card.

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,
I am SINP nominee and planning to land in April/May 2016 in Saskatoon. I have two flight options to reach there from India. Either via Vancouver or Toronto. I have little doubt about landing. Whether the landing formalities has to be done at Saskatoon or at Vancouver or Toronto where you land first? Because in case of later I need to keep sufficient time for my connecting flight. Any one has recent landing experience for Saskatoon, Kindly share!
Thanks in advance.

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
I think it will be done at the first port of entry.. either Toronto or Vancouver.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
New2Ca said:
Hi Seniors,
I am SINP nominee and planning to land in April/May 2016 in Saskatoon. I have two flight options to reach there from India. Either via Vancouver or Toronto. I have little doubt about landing. Whether the landing formalities has to be done at Saskatoon or at Vancouver or Toronto where you land first? Because in case of later I need to keep sufficient time for my connecting flight. Any one has recent landing experience for Saskatoon, Kindly share!
Thanks in advance.
Yes, this is done at your first port of entry. You should plan enough time between flights. I would say anything below 4 hours between landing and take off is a gamble.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
atzquebec said:
2. Is foreign driving license that shows driving experience enough or do we still need to get a separate driving experience letter from the issuing authority?
The answer to this question depends highly on the country that issued your drivers licence.

For Ontario, these two pages are relevant:
http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Exchanging-a-Reciprocal-Licence.aspx
http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

But this is just the Ontario information. Every province has similar website that explain these things.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
(Sorry for the triple post)

Also, regarding this answer:

As far as I know, in all provinces you can apply for your health card immediately using your CoPR. However, it depends on the province if your actual coverage starts immediately or after a waiting period.

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spyfy said:
Yes, this is done at your first port of entry. You should plan enough time between flights. I would say anything below 4 hours between landing and take off is a gamble.
Thanks. Appreciate your response. If it is so, can you break journey for few days at Toronto or Vancouver? and then proceed to Saskatoon! I read in some other forum that landing formalities need to be done at final destination airport.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
At the time of landing can we submit additional photos to the immigration office just to ensure that incase the photo in the Copr is not as per the requirement ?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
New2Ca said:
Thanks. Appreciate your response. If it is so, can you break journey for few days at Toronto or Vancouver? and then proceed to Saskatoon! I read in some other forum that landing formalities need to be done at final destination airport.
It is definitely NOT correct that landing formalities are done at your final airport. They are done at the first Canadian port of entry. Obviously they have to determine that you are allowed to stay in Canada at the moment you enter Canada (which you do after your international flight).

Regarding a break in Toronto or Vancouver: If you are a "plain FSW applicant", i.e. nobody requires you to settle in a particular province, then stopping in Toronto or Vancouver first is no problem at all. If you are a SK provincial nominee though, I'm not sure what the implications of stopping in the "wrong" province are. I would say that it's no problem as long as you can show them you have a flight to the final destination some days later and you give them a SK address for the PR card. But It might be worth checking with someone who went the PNP route.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
atzquebec said:
At the time of landing can we submit additional photos to the immigration office just to ensure that incase the photo in the Copr is not as per the requirement ?
I don't think you can. That is exactly why they ask you to check the photo specifications before submitting your CoPR photos, so that you submit appropriate photos at that point. Also keep in mind, even if they took a photo at that point, it would probably take weeks before that photo ever reached Sydney, NS (where PR card production is administered).

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Cool People,

I'm planning to do my landing in Toronto in March. I have 2 quick questions.

1. Is it okay if I show the funds in a Traveler's card? How do I show the amount in the card in that case? A bank letter is okay? Or Am I better off bringing a traveler's check or Demand Draft?

2. I'm planning to go one of my friend's house soon as I get to the country. Will I have to show any proof of address at the border?

Cheers guys!

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
spyfy said:
I don't think you can. That is exactly why they ask you to check the photo specifications before submitting your CoPR photos, so that you submit appropriate photos at that point. Also keep in mind, even if they took a photo at that point, it would probably take weeks before that photo ever reached Sydney, NS (where PR card production is administered).
But won't the office send the same photo (Copr) and would if he accept if we give a couple more ?