+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions related to Landing,PR Card,Photo,Driver License,Bank Account,Address

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by atzquebec, Feb 11, 2016.

  1. No, when you get the Passport Request, you send two photos to the Visa Office:
    1. The photo that will be put on your CoPR for the Visa officer to see, he will validate that the photo matches the real person.
    2. The photo that stays with the visa office and will then be used for the PR Card, probably transferred to Sydey, NS electronically.

    At least that is how I understood the process.

    But actually, I don't even see why you would want to hand in new photos then. Why not make sure that the photos you send for your PPR match the specifications?
  2. Thats a great piece of information. I will wait and see if my photos are accepted. Thanks.
  3. What about the funds? I hear conflicting information. Do we need to carry all that cash with us, or can I have some (2-3k CAD) with me and show a bank statement or a bank letter as a proof of funds in my bank account?
  4. There is no need to carry cash. Current bank statements or letters from a bank are enough. The emphasis here is on "current". You can't just bring the letters you sent with your original application since that's too long ago. Instead bring something that is as new as possible.
  5. That would be awesome. Do you perhaps have any link to a CIC website that would cover this subject?
  6. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a single official source regarding proof of funds at the border. I just tried to go with this and it worked...

Share This Page