+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regards to traveling to US for the first time since Landing.....

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a USC and a Canadian PR. I have my PR card and SIN #. I will be traveling back to the USA, by air, for the first time, since I landed, with a Return flight booked back home, into Canada.

Should I remove the Confirmation of Permanent Residency, which is stapled inside my passport?

When passing through US Immigration do I need to mention I am a Canadian PR?
and
when I return, passing through Canadian Immigration, do I need to show anything more with my PR card and passport?

Thank you for all your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KevinsJane said:
Hi,

I am a USC and a Canadian PR. I have my PR card and SIN #. I will be traveling back to the USA, by air, for the first time, since I landed, with a Return flight booked back home, into Canada.

Should I remove the Confirmation of Permanent Residency, which is stapled inside my passport?

When passing through US Immigration do I need to mention I am a Canadian PR?
and
when I return, passing through Canadian Immigration, do I need to show anything more with my PR card and passport?

Thank you for all your help.
Yes, and keep it in a safe place. It doesn't matter when you are PR just show your US passport.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Two weeks ago I was travelling to Europe by air from Toronto first time after landing. my COPR was unstapled and left home. no one asked me to show it, as it's not required any longer after the PR card is issued.
on showing my ticket and passport I was asked right away to give them my PR card to register my travelling out.
the same was on my returning back - they asked for my PR card themselves at the border customs.
so do not worry about it at all - just relax and have a safe travelling. :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suin said:
Two weeks ago I was travelling to Europe by air from Toronto first time after landing. my COPR was unstapled and left home. no one asked me to show it, as it's not required any longer after the PR card is issued.
on showing my ticket and passport I was asked right away to give them my PR card to register my travelling out.
the same was on my returning back - they asked for my PR card themselves at the border customs.
so do not worry about it at all - just relax and have a safe travelling. :)
You need the IMM 5292 when you apply for citizenship and OAP.

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TY for sharing your travel experience Suin...being it's my first time crossing over to the US, I was unsure.

and PMM TY...I have just removed it and put it in a safe place!

Best to All!