Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Atikan,

Walaikum-as-salaam

Your case will be very simple and it will be easy to get a TRV in my opinion. The reason is that you have a lot of proof which states that you will return to Dubai after your short stay.

Bank Balance, show $10,000 for each 2 week period you are in Canada. Show properties and any other assets you have as well.
Show all employment letters, paystubs, salary information and job information. Explicitly state that you HAVE to return to your job after 2 weeks, get a letter signed by your workplace supervisor stating this if possible.
A letter of invitation from YOUR WIFE is a must, preferably notarized.
If the TRV gets rejected, there is no impact on your sponsorship application.
Dont think you can apply from the UAE, unless you are Emarati.
Apply for single entry, higher success rate for those.
As long as you can prove that you will leave Canada and you have more than enough finances, your chances of receiving a TRV are high.

atikan said:
Assalam o alaikum,
It's very nice to see such an informative thread and the participation level. Please read my case in detail. I am in an urgent need to see my wife in Canada. My visit will not extend more than 2 weeks b/c my company will not let me for more.
Please be informed that my wife applied for my immigration in Jan, 2012. Current status is that Masha Allah se it is in process in ISB. In Mar, 2012, I moved to Dubai for my job and I am currently working here. I have Tenancy Contract in my name, driving license and 3 years Resident Visa of UAE.

Please help me in following:
• How much bank balance will be good to show for my TRV for a 2 week stay?
• Will there be any need for my current employer's NOC or any kind of letter? Of course i will send my job letters and paystubs and everything just asking about the some sort of NOC here.
• Is the letter of invitation a must from my wife? As I want to surprise my wife. Is it acceptable if someone from her family sends me a letter of invitation?
• If (God forbid) my TRV application is rejected will that leave any impact on my immigration process?
• Is there a way I can apply from UAE somehow? I have heard that I can apply and also they have faster processing times.
• Should I apply for Single entry or Multiple entry? Asking in terms of higher success rate.
• My chances for the TRV success?

Im pretty desperate here as she is seriously ill. and i cant wait to see her. You suggestions and prayers will be a great help.

Thanks.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Also Atikan,

I had outlined all the things which I attached in an earlier post. You can use this as a checklist for stuff to submit with your application.

Hope this helps, I am quoting the earlier message.

theshaikh said:
Hey Irsum,

I cant help answer the questions you asked, but I was wondering if you would kindly answer some of mine.

I included the following in my application:

Completed forms
A notarized letter of invitation
A notarized copy of my passport
A letter from my employer stating my salary and position. Salary is above 6-figures (I state this because I hope this will put positive light on her application)
A bank statement which shows >$10k in my bank account
Travellers insurance I bought for the time my wife will be visiting me
A letter which shows how much my household income is
A letter from my MP which supports my case, a letter which he forwarded to High commissioner of Canada to Pakistan Ross Hynes on our behalf.
~100 Pictures from our wedding maiyoon mehndi shadi ruksati walima functions
~70 pictures from our honeymoon in dubai
E-tickets and boarding passes from our honeymoon
Copy of the invitation card from our wedding
All receipts from our wedding
All receipts from honeymoon
Copy of our marriage certificate and notarized translation
A letter from her parents giving her permission and giving me temporary custody of her (wife is <18)
Bank statement from her fathers account showing >10k canadian dollars
School letter stating that she needs to be back in school in september and that her fees are paid for next year
Copy of her birth certificate
Her police clearences
Copy of her medical which we did for the spousal sponsorship
My tax assessment and T4
An affadavit signed by me and an oath taken infront of a lawyer that I will take her complete financial responsibility during her visit and will send her back and that she needs to start school...
A copy of the CanadaPost slip which states that I have sent the spouse sponsorship application
A copy of the tracking information which states that the application was received in mississauga on Feb 27th
2 Passport sized photos of my wife
A letter of intent stating that she needs to visit me because my vacation days are exhausted at work. And spending time apart is very hard and strenuous on our marriage.

Some more facts, there is a significant age diff between me and my wife(10 years), and she has no travel history except for our honeymoon..
As someone whose wife has successfully received the visit visa. What chances do you think we have of getting a visa stamped on her passport?
I would like her to visit me in August (which is a little over 90 days from when they should receive the completed application).
How long did it take you to get the VISA, from the day canadian high commission in Isb received your application?
Is there something which I missed?

Thanks,

atikan

Mar 26, 2012
Hi theshaikh,

Thanks alot for your help and detailed email. Should i state my reason for going to canada being my wife's illness in my application?

Please see this regarding applying through UAE @ CIC
cic.gc.ca/English/information/offices/apply-where.asp
Also below is the link of Canadian highcommission in UAE, which states the similar
canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=d

Thanks.

theshaikh said:
Hey Atikan,

Walaikum-as-salaam

Your case will be very simple and it will be easy to get a TRV in my opinion. The reason is that you have a lot of proof which states that you will return to Dubai after your short stay.

Bank Balance, show $10,000 for each 2 week period you are in Canada. Show properties and any other assets you have as well.
Show all employment letters, paystubs, salary information and job information. Explicitly state that you HAVE to return to your job after 2 weeks, get a letter signed by your workplace supervisor stating this if possible.
A letter of invitation from YOUR WIFE is a must, preferably notarized.
If the TRV gets rejected, there is no impact on your sponsorship application.
Dont think you can apply from the UAE, unless you are Emarati.
Apply for single entry, higher success rate for those.
As long as you can prove that you will leave Canada and you have more than enough finances, your chances of receiving a TRV are high.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Atikan,

So I learned somethign new. According to the CIC-Abudhabi office website :
<b>
* Please note that 10 to 20 working days will be added to the processing of TRV applications from citizens or residents of the following countries from the date a complete application is received: Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen
</b>

so they do process TRV applications for Pakistani citizens.

This is probably a good thing, you wont have to go through ISB this way, which in my opinion has a limited # of visit visas they hand out each year, and its especially tougher to get one from there if you are already going through the spouse sponsorship process.

Yes, draft a "letter of intent" and clearly state that you want to visit your wife because she is sick (hope she gets well soon iA) and also state that being away from each other is detrimental to your marriage. Make sure to get this letter of intent notarized if possible.

atikan said:
Hi theshaikh,

Thanks alot for your help and detailed email. Should i state my reason for going to canada being my wife's illness in my application?

Please see this regarding applying through UAE @ CIC
cic.gc.ca/English/information/offices/apply-where.asp
Also below is the link of Canadian highcommission in UAE, which states the similar
canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=d

Thanks.

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Hi Atikan,

My wife's TRV application has been sitting at the Canadian embassy Abu Dhabi embassy for over 1 month now. They have exceeded their quoted processing time. If your wife is unwell I would advise you to get a doctor's letter (from Canada) and ask the Abu Dhabi embassy for an appointment to explain the urgency. They may expedite it on humanitarian basis. You could also try going over to the embassy and asking to see a visa officer on urgent basis. A friend recently tried that (because his TRV application was delayed) and the security guard let him in. Best of luck.

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
theshaikh said:
We didnt receive any file # when my wife applied for her TRV.

Thanks for that message. Really appreciate your help. I noticed we have very similar timelines for sponsorship application at Islamabad. I am seeing your AOR and File Transfer date are only 1 week apart. Should I expect to receive some communication 1 week after receiving Approval of Application to Sponsor e-mail from CPC Ottawa?

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Bro,

yes expect some communication soon. I received a letter in the mail 8 days after the AOR stating that my file had been transferred to ISB and that I was approved as a sponsor.

So here is my timeline: my application was received in CIC-M on the Feb 27th, received AOR in the email on May 30th and then received an approval/transfer to CIC-I letter in the mail on June 7th.

I have seen that some people receive a letter of approval/transfer directly, some people receive an AOR then approval after a few days. Really depends.
But what is for sure is that if you receive an AOR, the letter of approval/transfer is just around the corner

immigratingcanada2011 said:
Thanks for that message. Really appreciate your help. I noticed we have very similar timelines for sponsorship application at Islamabad. I am seeing your AOR and File Transfer date are only 1 week apart. Should I expect to receive some communication 1 week after receiving Approval of Application to Sponsor e-mail from CPC Ottawa?

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
theshaikh said:
Hey Bro,

yes expect some communication soon. I received a letter in the mail 8 days after the AOR stating that my file had been transferred to ISB and that I was approved as a sponsor.

So here is my timeline: my application was received in CIC-M on the Feb 27th, received AOR in the email on May 30th and then received an approval/transfer to CIC-I letter in the mail on June 7th.

I have seen that some people receive a letter of approval/transfer directly, some people receive an AOR then approval after a few days. Really depends.
But what is for sure is that if you receive an AOR, the letter of approval/transfer is just around the corner
Thanks man. That clarifies. Just one last thing: The application number stated in the e-mail (1 alphabet and 9 numbers) is what they call my "file number" , correct?

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
That is correct, its your file #

Thanks man. That clarifies. Just one last thing: The application number stated in the e-mail (1 alphabet and 9 numbers) is what they call my "file number" , correct?

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Alhamdulillah my wife got TRV yesterday. Kind regards. Thanks for all your help.

shah12

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visa Office......
ottawa/islamabad/london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
Doc's Request.
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
26-09-2014 sent 22-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014 pp back with visa 22-11-2014
LANDED..........
24-11-2014
Hello everyone glad to see most of you guys got visas
inshallah am planning to apply trv for husband soon
anyways i already applied for permanent residene in feb and got approval they said my file was transfered to ottawa?? instead of islamabad
is any one else in similar situation?
i didnt get any email may be it came in my junk n i deleted it and cant resend it but call centre agent confirmed it was approved and was sent to ottawa
other question is i checked their website about two weeks ago their website said they workin on files recived on feb22 dats wen i sent my application but when i went and logged in to check status of my application it said received ur file on feb 22 sent u letter on may 23 ?? anyone knows what does that mean exactly ???#

Thanks

invincible786

Jun 25, 2012
AoA Everyone,

I was doing Google on "dual intent" and stumbled on this thread. My situation is not very different from a lot of people posting on this thread. But it has been very encouraging to read a lot of success stories that has renewed my hope. I wish that I had read this thread three months ago.

I am a PR of Canada since 2010 - got done with Nikkah in Pakistan in October 2011. I am a full-time PhD student in Canada and my wife has a stable job in Pakistan since May 2010. She does not have any travel history outside of Pakistan. We decided to apply for TRV, wait to get it, and then apply for an inland PR sponsor. We applied for a TRV for my wife on March 28, 2012 at the Islamabad Consulate with the following documents:

1. Invitation Letter that clearly stated a) intention to apply for PR at a later date, b) that I will bear all expenses, and c) she will be here only temporarily - for one month during summer vacations
2. Copy of my PR Card
3. Letter from my Supervisor (I am a full-time PhD student)
4. Financial Proof (letter from department with my full funding status ~33k CAD/year)
5. Wife's CNIC (copy)
6. Wife's Passport (copy)
7. Marriage Registration Certificate (copy)
8. Employment Letter (stating employment history since May 2010)
9. Approved Leave from her Employer (one month)

We got a reply back on June 21, 2012 with a rejection letter that states the following reasons:

1. Travel history
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Purpose of visit
4. Personal assets and financial status

The letter further stated that:

"I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure."

"You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/your host's income and assets."

I now have three options in front of me:

1. Not to delay the out-of-Canada PR sponsorship application any further and submit it ASAP. (it is complete already)
2. My wife might be able to get a temporary research position with a university, if that is approved, she can apply for a temporary work permit/TRV.
3. Re-apply for TRV, once again stating the purpose is to visit me (her husband), with stronger documentation.

My questions to this community (and I am know there are many experienced members who can answer):

1. Should I wait to try alternative #2 or #3 before applying for PR sponsorship? Or should apply PR ASAP?
2. If I apply for PR sponsorship ASAP, will it help or negatively impact an application for TRV or work permit later on?
3. Is there a higher chance of getting a work permit with a valid offer letter from a Canadian university than a simple TRV, given she is my spouse and we intend to apply (or will already have applied) for PR?
3. If I decide to go with alternative #3 i.e., apply for a TRV again ASAP, given this rejection letter: How can I make my case stronger? What other documentation should I provide that can help change visa officer's mind and to convince him that she will return to Pakistan?
4. Should I be talking to a lawyer?

Thank you for reading my rather long post.

Awaiting your replies.

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone,
i need ur hepl, my husband received AOR on 30 may on which its written that he is eligble to sponsor me.( and my apploication was received on 23 feb to missiuga office)

today i received letter from high commission of canada islamabad in which they gave me papaer file no..and they need few my documnets within 30 days.(like phone bills ,emails etc)
i already subbmitted all my documents even my original birth certificate,marriage cerficate and all my orginal education documents.
i want to know that did u all whose embassy is islamabad submitted all these orignal documents.
plz reply me soon

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
This question is for @TheShaikh like you mentioned in your post Pakistani citizens can apply at the HC in Abu dhabi ..do you have any idea what their status can be in the emirates? Do they have to be residents or tourists on a long visa can apply too??

As I was reading on their website they said anybody legally admitted in the emirates can apply...but still not sure....any help will be much appreciated thx

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
MashAllah Congratulations my friend !!
Alhamdulillah my wife got TRV yesterday. Kind regards. Thanks for all your help.