+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Study Permit and Visa Stamping

cherry1515

Nov 20, 2019
hello i applied for study permit online from
india and them came to canada on visitor visa.After coming here i got passport request so my question is can i submit my
passport here within canada for stamping ? I emailed new delhi where my file was being processed and they sent me this email —

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Canada
If you applied for a new temporary resident visa, or a study or temporary work permit, from within Canada you:

• must mail us your passport
  • can’t submit your passport in person
Read the details in your passport request letter and follow the instructions below.

You should wait until you have your passport back before booking travel outside Canada.

Mailing instructions
How long it takes to get your passport back

You’ll get your passport back within 14 calendar days plus mailing time. Mailing time depends on the type of mailing service you use.

Does this means i can submit here or they are talking about
applications applied from within canada it is confusing.

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
hello i applied for study permit online from
india and them came to canada on visitor visa.After coming here i got passport request so my question is can i submit my
passport here within canada for stamping ? I emailed new delhi where my file was being processed and they sent me this email —

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Canada
If you applied for a new temporary resident visa, or a study or temporary work permit, from within Canada you:

• must mail us your passport
  • can’t submit your passport in person
Read the details in your passport request letter and follow the instructions below.

You should wait until you have your passport back before booking travel outside Canada.

Mailing instructions
How long it takes to get your passport back

You’ll get your passport back within 14 calendar days plus mailing time. Mailing time depends on the type of mailing service you use.

Does this means i can submit here or they are talking about
applications applied from within canada it is confusing.
i believe they are talking about the applications which were filed within Canada. In your case you filed it from India.

Am not sure how they treat the applications. I know that in case of America you Need to travel outside of the country to get it stamped and I assume it might be similar in your case as well.

best bet would be to visit the nearest Immi offices if there are any and get a concrete clarification before taking an action.

cherry1515

Nov 20, 2019
i believe they are talking about the applications which were filed within Canada. In your case you filed it from India.

Am not sure how they treat the applications. I know that in case of America you Need to travel outside of the country to get it stamped and I assume it might be similar in your case as well.

best bet would be to visit the nearest Immi offices if there are any and get a concrete clarification before taking an action.

I called the client support centre here in canada ircc and i read them letter and they said you can post it to ottawa your passport if the embassay has emailed you this.But i am still confused because it says if you applied from within canada.

cherry1515

Nov 20, 2019

Also i got passport request on 6feb 2020 so have to submit
passport within 30 days.So if i book flight back and give my passport on 5th march to new delhi vfs would that be okay ?

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
Also i got passport request on 6feb 2020 so have to submit
passport within 30 days.So if i book flight back and give my passport on 5th march to new delhi vfs would that be okay ?
did you tell them that you submitted the application outside Canada.

yeah the 30 days thing is tricky. I recently had my passport submission here in US vfs office for a tourist visa, there was no appointment needed. I believe It’s the same in India as well, as my wife had submitted her passport for student visa in Bangalore, I don’t recollect taking an appointment. So as long as it’s 30 days I think it should be fine.

you just need the letter from ircc that you received for passport submission and your passport.

Pritul391

Jan 19, 2024
Hello, I have valid extended study permit till August 2024 but I came back India for medical emergency and now I want to enter Canada to complete my study. How to get TRV to enter Canada from India? I have extended study permit till August, 2024