+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding dependant's child Status

kingscrips

Jul 9, 2021
Hello all,

I need your help regarding dependent's child status.

I applied for family class sponsorship (PR) thru my Husband (Canadian) in Dec 2019.

I got my OWP in July 31 2020 and it expires in July 31 2022.

Both of my children ( underage ) was submitted in family class sponsorship as dependents. Their Vistors visa was expired as of June 30 2020.

My Question is since I got my OWP what are status of my children? (Since both of my children was dependents in PR application )

Thank you!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I too applied with a dependent child in 2020 (we are both PRs now). Your OWP gives you status and allows them to go to school without a study permit. Your OWP doesn’t not give them status. So they are now out of status. You should have applied to extend their stay as visitors before their status expired. You can still apply to restore their status. Not sure why your application is taking so long, perhaps you might get PR before a decision is made on the application to restore their status, it that will be the case, then they might refund you. You will definitely get a sense of relief after sending in the application to restore your children’s status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Reactions: YVR123