+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Bridging Open Work Permit Application, Thanks!

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Dear guys,

My PGWP and my Temporary Resident Visa will be expired on 9 May 2019 at the same time. I have submitted my application for PR with 443 points in EE pool. As you know, the points are around 451-456 recently, so I am planning to take another IELTS test on 27 April in order to gain more points. Before that, I need to extend my work permit to gain legal status to stay in Canada.

I received an email from AINP states they are interested in me so I replied their email and preparing the documents they asked me to send.

I understand that to apply the BOWP, I have to receive the ITA which I do not have yet. But I need to submit the application in order to gain the implied status.

My question are:
1. Should I choose yes to the question: Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
2. Does the AINP application affect my BOWP application? How?
3. Is it better to apply the BOWP by mailing paper documents to CIC rather than applying online in order to get longer time for implied status? If yes, where can I find the guide for applying by mailing?

Many thanks!

Reactions: az12345

iamanpathak

Apr 12, 2019
Dear guys,

My PGWP and my Temporary Resident Visa will be expired on 9 May 2019 at the same time. I have submitted my application for PR with 443 points in EE pool. As you know, the points are around 451-456 recently, so I am planning to take another IELTS test on 27 April in order to gain more points. Before that, I need to extend my work permit to gain legal status to stay in Canada.

I received an email from AINP states they are interested in me so I replied their email and preparing the documents they asked me to send.

I understand that to apply the BOWP, I have to receive the ITA which I do not have yet. But I need to submit the application in order to gain the implied status.

My question are:
1. Should I choose yes to the question: Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
3. Is it better to apply the BOWP by mailing paper documents to CIC rather than applying online in order to get longer time for implied status? If yes, where can I find the guide for applying by mailing?

Many thanks!
I recently got my bridge open work permit, so I can answer your few questions.

You can apply BOWP if you have submitted your PR application & you have AOR confirmation. (Which you don't have)
Please refer the link. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Please call CIC for detailed suggestion.

Answers:
1. NO. You are not Approved yet.
2. (Cannot answer)
3. Apply Online. It's much easier. I applied online only so I will be suggest online.

Thanks

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018

You can apply BOWP if you have submitted your PR application & you have AOR confirmation. (Which you don't have)
Please refer the link. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Answers:
2. (Cannot answer)
3. Apply Online. It's much easier. I applied online only so I will be suggest online.

Thanks
Thank you for your clear answers. May I ask how long it took you to receive the BOWP?

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018

Answers:
2. (Cannot answer)

Thanks
BTW, congratulations to the PR and BOWP! :)

az12345

May 10, 2018
Dear guys,

My question are:

Many thanks!
Hey, I am in the same situation. I spoke with a lawyer recently. I was wondering if I could have conversation with you over the phone?

May 27, 2019
Hello Guys,

I hope you got your bridging work permit . I have applied for PR under Canadian experienced class. Now my work permit is expiring in July 2019. I want to get BOWP. What should write in following question

1. Have you been told by immigration, refugees & citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada.

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hello Guys,

I hope you got your bridging work permit . I have applied for PR under Canadian experienced class. Now my work permit is expiring in July 2019. I want to get BOWP. What should write in following question

1. Have you been told by immigration, refugees & citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada.
No

Mattbill

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation , my work permit is expiring in July 28, 2019 and i will complete my one year in job here on july 10th
I don't think i will be able to secure even an ITA seeing today's draw and even if i secure i have pretty much less time to apply for PR, so as to get BOWP. Is there any other option to do so ?

May 27, 2019
Tiaa, did u apply for open work permit? Because when I say no to approved in principle I get option of work permit and when I say yes to approved in principle I get open work permit option ..

Were you on post graduate work permit? And you had open work permit before?

Did u have LMIA?

You got close work permit?

Can you please answer above questions please and thank you.

Regards...

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Tiaa, did u apply for open work permit? Because when I say no to approved in principle I get option of work permit and when I say yes to approved in principle I get open work permit option ..

Were you on post graduate work permit? And you had open work permit before?

Did u have LMIA?

You got close work permit?

Can you please answer above questions please and thank you.

Regards...
I had a PGWP and I am applying BOWP.

Reyn2627

Aug 31, 2019
Dear guys,

My question are:

Many thanks!
Hello,

I am with the same situation right now, could you please let me know if you applied for BOWP even without AOR?

Thank you.

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hello,

I am with the same situation right now, could you please let me know if you applied for BOWP even without AOR?

Thank you.
Yes. my application has been approved and I am waiting for the paper right now!

Reyn2627

Aug 31, 2019
Hello,

Did you attached a letter on your application explaining your situation for BOWP and did you send your AOR after you've received it?

Thank you.