+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on the application and supporting documents

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am about to send out my citizenship application and I have couple questions on the application and the supporting documents I am sending. It would be great id someone can help ...

Application Questions 6E and 6F-
1. For my current residence (latest) and work education history (first row) should I say "PRESENT" in the "TO" column or should I give them the date application signed and just add a note manually ("remark") to say "present" beside the date?

2. These two questions requests you to include your residence and work/education information for the period of time during the past four years. So for the earliest info should I say From ... 2010-09-23 (assuming I am submitting my application on 2014-09-22) ... or should I say the actual start date of the 'event'... for example let's say i was staying in 20 main street on 2010-09-23 (start of the 4 year period from the date of my application) but I moved in there on 2009-10-01 ... should I give the latter date or former date?

Additional pages in the application -
1. How would you normally add additional pages (if required) within your application?

Supporting documents -
1. I took a french beginner course at the beginning of this year. It was a 8 weeks course with classes once per week. It DID NOT result in a certificate. When I read the application instruct guide (under section 4 - Education record) - "Note: you are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs." .... I know it is clear that I don't need to submit anything. But I just want to get other peoples opinion on whether I should get a letter of confirmation of attendance from the school board confirming that I attended the program or not...?

2. Two pieces of personal identification.
I don't own a car neither do I drive. I am submitting OHIP card as one of the IDs. My second piece of ID is the biographical pages of my passport. It is listed in the example... is that acceptable?

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
2. Two pieces of personal identification.
I don't own a car neither do I drive. I am submitting OHIP card as one of the IDs. My second piece of ID is the biographical pages of my passport. It is listed in the example... is that acceptable?
Yes, it is acceptable. I provided those two documents and had no issue. Just be sure to keep those documents, as you will have to show them during the post-test interview. One of the guys in my group lost his health card and couldn't complete his interview, as it was one of the documents he provided.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Application Questions 6E and 6F-
1. Yes, enter "present" if you are still living at that address and still working for that employer.

2. Give the latter date - 2009-10-01 (it's the actual date you started living at that address even if it is beyond the 4-year period). What is most important is that it is correct and that it includes the year 2010, which is relevant to the question).

Additional pages in the application -
1. How would you normally add additional pages (if required) within your application?
If you mean adding another page when space in the form is not enough - then all you need to do is to use a blank sheet, write the name of the immigration form (e.g. IMM XXXX) at the top, label it "Appendix A, B, C, etc" or "Addendum A, B, C, etc";
write your name, birth date, client ID #, then the question #. Then provide the answer. If you do this, be sure to write on the form itself, "see Appendix A, B, etc" or "see Addendum A, B, etc".

Supporting documents -
1. I don't know much about this question, sorry. May be others can help you.