+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on Canadian citizenship application

Nov 14, 2017
I'm planning to apply for citizenship to Canada. I'm a permanent resident. I've got two questions.

1. I have a degree in India and a diploma in Singapore. Can I submit these degree/diploma certificates as proof for language requirement? Would that be enough? I'd like to know if I need to take a language exam like CELPIP or IELTS. For the PR application, my husband took the IELTS test, but I did not.

2. My husband's IELTS test was in 2013. Is that still acceptable?

Thank you.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I'm planning to apply for citizenship to Canada. I'm a permanent resident. I've got two questions.

1. I have a degree in India and a diploma in Singapore. Can I submit these degree/diploma certificates as proof for language requirement? Would that be enough? I'd like to know if I need to take a language exam like CELPIP or IELTS. For the PR application, my husband took the IELTS test, but I did not.

2. My husband's IELTS test was in 2013. Is that still acceptable?

Thank you.
1) I did same for my Wife (Used her secondary/ degree copy ) , I can confirm you once I will receive AOR for my application .
2) Yes 2013 ILETS result will be acceptable .

Hope this help

-Good Luck

sriramprani

Aug 28, 2014
For your 1st question, as per the instruction, if your degree certificate states that your medium of education is English then it's valid if not you have to take the exam and pass it.

For your question 2: expired test result is accepted.

Reactions: Stef.