+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Citizenship application

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys;

I am about to apply for my citizenship application, I will be 1095 days on October 21 but I will apply on November 1st just in case there is anything wrong with my calculator,

Here are some questions that I need an answer for:

1- Do you I need to submit my CBSA record with my initial application? BTW I have a copy of my passport stamps translated to English since I applied for a PR renewal, Can i send it instead of the CBSA record?

2- What are other proofs of ID accepted other than Driving license, health card and biographical page of passport?

3- Is it a problem to apply for the citizenship with an expired PR as my card expired 2 weeks ago and I applied for the renewal for almost 4 months now and didn't get my card?

All your answers are highly appreciated.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. If you accept on the application form for CIC to obtain your CBSA record, you don't need to send the record. Otherwise, you should send the record with your application. It's a good idea to send a copy of the translated stamps.

2. Photo ID issued by your province. Make sure to include copies of the front and back of the card.

3. I don't see how it could be a problem. The most important thing is that you should still be a permanent resident and not be subject to any proceedings to determine your PR status, etc. If I were you, I would get a certified copy of the expired PR card before you pick up your new card (just in case you have to give back the old one when you pick up the new one).

You may also want to include:
a) work records - signed employment letter, one recent paystub, job duties(if possible), T4 slips or notice of assessments for past 4 yrs.
b) copies of boarding passes for trips taken within the last 4 yrs.

The final decision is yours but that's what I included in my application and I'm taking the oath next week. Took about 5 months total.

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot SenoritaBella for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I have all the document that you mentioned on your reply and I think I almost in a good shape.
another question:

Because of the jet lag between Canada and my home country so I usually leave Canada at night and arrive my country in the next day so that means that my passport will be stamped in the next day, so when they will check my stamps and compared with my CBSA record there will be a day off between each trip. Is this gonna be a problem?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't see how that will be a problem. It is something only the airlines control(e.g. flight time, route, etc). Also, when you arrive Canada depending on how long the line is at customs, an officer could end up stamping your passport past midnight (which is the next day). But CBSA will be able to see through the flight manifest when your flight arrived. So overall, I would not worry about it.

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
can I use the photocopy of ONLY the front face of my health card for citizenship application?

supermario

Mar 9, 2018
1. If you accept on the application form for CIC to obtain your CBSA record, you don't need to send the record. Otherwise, you should send the record with your application. It's a good idea to send a copy of the translated stamps.

2. Photo ID issued by your province. Make sure to include copies of the front and back of the card.

3. I don't see how it could be a problem. The most important thing is that you should still be a permanent resident and not be subject to any proceedings to determine your PR status, etc. If I were you, I would get a certified copy of the expired PR card before you pick up your new card (just in case you have to give back the old one when you pick up the new one).

You may also want to include:
a) work records - signed employment letter, one recent paystub, job duties(if possible), T4 slips or notice of assessments for past 4 yrs.
b) copies of boarding passes for trips taken within the last 4 yrs.

The final decision is yours but that's what I included in my application and I'm taking the oath next week. Took about 5 months total.
Why work records etc?