+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions - AINP not planning to move to Alberta in 2010

slim215

Jan 27, 2009
Hi all,
I rec'd medical request last month and have appointment with the doctor next week. I know after I submitted medical to Buffalo, it will takes months before they asking for my passport and completed the whole process. I'm assuming the whole process could take as soon as 3 months up to 12 months from the day they process my application (which is in Jan 2010). The issue is, I'm planning to move to Alberta in early 2012. That said, I'm not ready to move to Alberta if the whole process complete by 2010 or even in 2011, therefore, my questions: when I received my passport with the immigrant visa stamp in it, how long is that visa stamp valid?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

rsamra

Dec 29, 2009
It all depends on your medical, the expiry date is one year from the time medical examinations were completed. Sometimes it is more, but all you need to do is to check the expiry date on your Immigration visa.
Based on what you are saying, i would say that you will probably land in Canada but come back within a few weeks. The address you give them to send your green card is going to be important though, make sure you know someone who can receive the card and forward the card to you.
Go to the the canadian-immigration-faq-landing link in the FAQ section of this website for more information.

slim215

Jan 27, 2009
Thx for your respond rsamra.
After reading your explanation (I also read the FAQ), I wonder if there's a timeline for doing medical. In my case, I rec'd medical request 4 weeks ago, when is the latest that I can do the medical?