+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about permits and PR

Mythri84

May 10, 2018
Hi all,
I have few questions about further application process. I am from india, divorced and going to marry a canadian citizen. I am in my study permit which is expiring by july 2018. I am in my fourth year of my course and the course would take atleast one more year. After marriage , i want to apply for open work permit and inland spousal application. ( i think i can apply for both after marriage). Is that right?
Also, i need to apply for study permit extention. Will there be any conflict? ie. applying for study permit extention, open work permit along with inland spousal application? Also please let me know the timeline of each application.
I have a son in india, to apply for PR, what documents do i need? I have birth certificate and can get the medical certificate. I am planning to start my application with my son as non accompanying and change it to accompanying later. I dont have my son's passport. Is that needed now?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
I have few questions about further application process. I am from india, divorced and going to marry a canadian citizen. I am in my study permit which is expiring by july 2018. I am in my fourth year of my course and the course would take atleast one more year. After marriage , i want to apply for open work permit and inland spousal application. ( i think i can apply for both after marriage). Is that right?
Also, i need to apply for study permit extention. Will there be any conflict? ie. applying for study permit extention, open work permit along with inland spousal application? Also please let me know the timeline of each application.
I have a son in india, to apply for PR, what documents do i need? I have birth certificate and can get the medical certificate. I am planning to start my application with my son as non accompanying and change it to accompanying later. I dont have my son's passport. Is that needed now?
Thanks
Hi

Either you continue with your study permit or you apply to change your status to worker with the PR app. You can't have both.

If your son is non-accompanying, no, you don't need his passport.

Mythri84

May 10, 2018
Hi

Either you continue with your study permit or you apply to change your status to worker with the PR app. You can't have both.

If your son is non-accompanying, no, you don't need his passport.
Hi Canuck,
Thanks for the reply. I think i can apply only for inland PR without open work permit. So i can also apply for study permit extention. Any idea how long inland PR would take? Can i apply for open work permit later after my studies (or if i withdraw my studies), if inland PR application in still processing?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck,
Thanks for the reply. I think i can apply only for inland PR without open work permit. So i can also apply for study permit extention. Any idea how long inland PR would take? Can i apply for open work permit later after my studies (or if i withdraw my studies), if inland PR application in still processing?
Expect a year for inland. You can apply for the OWP at any point while you still have valid status but it does take 3-4 months to get it.

Reactions: Mythri84

Mythri84

May 10, 2018
Hi,
Expect a year for inland. You can apply for the OWP at any point while you still have valid status but it does take 3-4 months to get it.
Hi Canuck,
With spousal sponsorship, can my canadian spouse apply for outland PR for me instead of inland PR when i am being a student in canada? I am asking this because outland PR seems to be much faster.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Hi Canuck,
With spousal sponsorship, can my canadian spouse apply for outland PR for me instead of inland PR when i am being a student in canada? I am asking this because outland PR seems to be much faster.
Hi

Yes, you can apply outland while in Canada.

Reactions: Mythri84