+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Nexus card

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have been working in US on H-1B and have Canadian PR. I am thinking of amending H-1B to work remotely from Bellingham, WA and living somewhere around Abbotsford, BC, Canada. I am planning to drive across the border to work in Bellingham, WA and drive back after work to live in Abbotsford, BC.

Would I be eligible for the Nexus card? I read online that I should have lived in Canada for atleast 3 years to be eligible for it. I have lived in US for way more than 3 years on H-1B though, would that help?

Would appreciate inputs from anyone that has any experience with a situation like I mentioned.

Thanks.

CICApplicant

Jan 22, 2019
Hi all,

I have been working in US on H-1B and have Canadian PR. I am thinking of amending H-1B to work remotely from Bellingham, WA and living somewhere around Abbotsford, BC, Canada. I am planning to drive across the border to work in Bellingham, WA and drive back after work to live in Abbotsford, BC.

Would I be eligible for the Nexus card? I read online that I should have lived in Canada for atleast 3 years to be eligible for it. I have lived in US for way more than 3 years on H-1B though, would that help?

Would appreciate inputs from anyone that has any experience with a situation like I mentioned.

Thanks.
Yes, You should be.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
If you search in this forum then you will find a post where someone mentioned that he/she got Nexus just after moving to Canada on PR as he/she had 3 years stay in USA on visa.

Reactions: Aksd12ka4

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi krishere1982,
Few questions :
1. Did you happen to do the same, live in BC and work in WA
2. What about the car and DL , did you surrender your WA licence and now are using your BC Licence
3. Are you using a US car / Canada registered car
4. Did you happen to get the nexus card ?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi krishere1982,
Few questions :
1. Did you happen to do the same, live in BC and work in WA
2. What about the car and DL , did you surrender your WA licence and now are using your BC Licence
3. Are you using a US car / Canada registered car
4. Did you happen to get the nexus card ?
Hi,
I have not yet moved to live in BC and work in WA. But as far as I know, it is better for you to get a BC licence and register your car there too.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I just received the ITA. Currently, I work in Seattle and plan to work remotely for 1 day a week from BC, maybe 3 days from Northernmost part of WA and one day , I need to come to Seattle .
Yes, in Oct 2018. Whats is your situation?
I just received the ITA. Currently, I work in Seattle and plan to work remotely for 1 day a week from BC, maybe 3 days from Northernmost part of WA and one day , I need to come to Seattle .

For the PPR processing, it took 9+ Months, is that very common, I thought it takes ~ 6 months for the process.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

For the PPR processing, it took 9+ Months, is that very common, I thought it takes ~ 6 months for the process.
You said you just received ITA. Then how do you say that it took 9months for ppr?
The processing time varies based on the case. You are not new to immigration. Not sure why you are asking on it as you might have seen that your work permit in US was not definitely processed in the same number of months mentioned in uscis website.
So get used to it.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You said you just received ITA. Then how do you say that it took 9months for ppr?
The processing time varies based on the case. You are not new to immigration. Not sure why you are asking on it as you might have seen that your work permit in US was not definitely processed in the same number of months mentioned in uscis website.
So get used to it.
Hello harirajmohan,
I have not got the PPR, just the ITA ..

The question about 9 months , was to PB_TX_BC .

An yes , the USCIS example makes sense.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello harirajmohan,
I have not got the PPR, just the ITA ..

The question about 9 months , was to PB_TX_BC .

An yes , the USCIS example makes sense.
We lost so many years in our career/immigration. So few months more will fly soon :).