+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about IMM0008

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
I just started my CEC application and I already have 2 questions about IMM0008 (the first form in the checklist)

link to the form: cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

1. My Common-Law partner is a Canadian Citizen and lives here in Canada, should I include her in the "Dependant(s)" section (Page 3 of the application)?

You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don't, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

2. Page 1 Question 3: "How many family members, including you, are in this application ?". Not sure if I should put 1 or 2.

Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

I'm finding many questions in this form to be very open to interpretation.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Similar to my previous questions,

IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 are required to be filled by both the principal applicant and "common-law partner(whether they are accompanying or not)", would we need to fill out the form for my common-law partner(Who is a Canadian citizen and resides here).

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
gihad said:
1. My Common-Law partner is a Canadian Citizen and lives here in Canada, should I include her in the "Dependant(s)" section (Page 3 of the application)?

2. Page 1 Question 3: "How many family members, including you, are in this application ?". Not sure if I should put 1 or 2.
You do not include your sponsor as your dependent on this form, you do claim her as your Common Law wife. It says right under the dependent section... (sorry can't copy and paste off the pfd) "who are not already PR's or citizen's of Canada. Your wife is a Citizen, so you would list any children if you have any. The answer to 1 makes the answer to 2 easy lol number on this app is 1... again because your wife is already a citizen. ;D

gihad said:
Similar to my previous questions,

IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 are required to be filled by both the principal applicant and "common-law partner(whether they are accompanying or not)", would we need to fill out the form for my common-law partner(Who is a Canadian citizen and resides here).
IMM 5669 - Background Declaration is filled out by you...
IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information is filled out by you...

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
thanks for the reply!

Creampop said:
You do not include your sponsor as your dependent on this form
Just to clarify, she is not my sponsor, this is a CEC application and I don't have any sponsors.

Regarding what the form says on the dependant section (Page 3):

"you must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependant children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

The last part "who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada" could be referring to the dependant children and not the common-law partner. I don't think it's possible to interpret this sentence with certainty, as it is written the sentence seems ambiguous.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
OK I'm not familiar with CEC applications sorry (I assumed family class cus you said common-law wife) but, all the forms you mentioned are in the family class application as well.... she is a Citizen therefore does not need to be listed as someone who would b accompanying you... she will not need medicals, police certificates etc... because she is already Canadian. Of course she is included in the application as your common-law wife... GL!