+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions About CSQ certification in Quebec

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
WHen applying for CSQ in Quebec SHould your spouse apply too?
How does that work?
WHat's the score needed for approval? DOes your spouse get points too for their educaton etc?
How long does the process normally take?
AFter approval whats the next step?
If You have a BSN in Nursing BUt no experience will that automatically disqualify you from CSQ
WHen in the process do you try to get a job offer?

Please can someone answer these questions

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
ssanndy said:
WHen applying for CSQ in Quebec SHould your spouse apply too?
How does that work?
WHat's the score needed for approval? DOes your spouse get points too for their educaton etc?
How long does the process normally take?
AFter approval whats the next step?
If You have a BSN in Nursing BUt no experience will that automatically disqualify you from CSQ
WHen in the process do you try to get a job offer?

Please can someone answer these questions
You can apply together with your spouse, you can be the principal applicant, or the spouse can be the principal applicant. This depends whoever gets the higher points. You can decide. If you score higher, then just put your spouse under your application. Yes, she can get points, too, with her education, experience, and other factors.

Process for CSQ alone, I think based on what I've been reading, can take 4 months in average. If approved, you'll gonna do the Federal (CIC) process, which can take 6 months.

I have a BS in Nursing and I believe that will give you extra points for training and you will be eligible for priority processing. However, I have hospital experience, so I don't know how you having no experience will affect your application.

please visit this site and try the evaluation, and see if you qualify:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
nmdgreen said:
You can apply together with your spouse, you can be the principal applicant, or the spouse can be the principal applicant. This depends whoever gets the higher points. You can decide. If you score higher, then just put your spouse under your application. Yes, she can get points, too, with her education, experience, and other factors.

Process for CSQ alone, I think based on what I've been reading, can take 4 months in average. If approved, you'll gonna do the Federal (CIC) process, which can take 6 months.

I have a BS in Nursing and I believe that will give you extra points for training and you will be eligible for priority processing. However, I have hospital experience, so I don't know how you having no experience will affect your application.

please visit this site and try the evaluation, and see if you qualify:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html
Thanks for the info

Does getting a CSQ Approval help with the cic federal application?
Do you have to show funds? How much

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
Actually, in my opinion, CIC process after you get your CSQ is just a formality. I mean the chances of being approved for Canadian permanent residency is very high, unless you got criminal records or you have a medical condition. I'm not sure whether they still need proof of funds coz I'm still on the provincial process, which asks for proof of funds as well.