+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about AOR

PG0002

Jan 17, 2015
Hi ALL
My PGWP expired in April and I am working on Implied status. I got ITA in June and applied for Express Entry on July 16. I read somewhere that my work permit will be extended only when

"the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has sent an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter that confirms the application has passed R10 completeness (this is not the Electronic receipt of APR notice but the letter [Acknowledgement of Receipt] issued in GCMS)"

Can anyone please help me understand that when can I expect to see this on my application. I submitted my permanent residency application yesterday (July 16).

Cheers!
PG002

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honestly, it takes a while. Like close to the end of the application process. Given your timeline chances are they'll get to processing your bowp before they get to your PR app and if they do, the bowp could get rejected as you may not have passed far enough through the PR process. If it gets rejected you need to stop work immediately, apply for a visitor permit and wait for PR.
You might get lucky though, who knows with CIC.

PG0002

Jan 17, 2015
Thanks Purple.
Appreciate the response. I am also waiting for my LMIA for which my lawyer had submitted an application way back in April. However, no news till date. Just hoping for an early decision.