+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question ?

injau

Apr 2, 2006
Cic asked me recently fot more docs one year after passing the test , the period covered in their request (example from 2008 to 2012) but in 2008 I wasn't here tgough we have the required residence days and everything is mentiined in rq thatbwas submitted long before the test . Will there be any isuues if the docs only covers the period that we are here and we did have the required days that qualify us to apply?

injau

Apr 2, 2006
I know sometimes looks like a silly questition , but your feedback is really appreciated. Thanks to all

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Could you clarify your question?

1. What is the period CIC is asking supporting docs for? 2008-12?
2. Were you away part of the period CIC is asking supporting docs for?
3. What kind of supporting docs is CIC asking for?

injau

Apr 2, 2006
Yes 2008 to 2012. And I was back in Canada on July 2009 ever since never left the country. The supporting docs such as tax docs, passports copy, employment doc, health reords . we applied on 2012, dot rq before before test , submitted the rq, then passed test on 2014

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
injau said:
Cic asked me recently fot more docs one year after passing the test , the period covered in their request (example from 2008 to 2012) but in 2008 I wasn't here tgough we have the required residence days and everything is mentiined in rq thatbwas submitted long before the test . Will there be any isuues if the docs only covers the period that we are here and we did have the required days that qualify us to apply?
Bottom-line: follow the instructions in the request as best you can and be as responsive to the requests as you can. If you sense you are not providing something which is specifically requested, explain why you are not providing that.

These requests are not particularly unusual for RQ'd cases that have been pending for a lengthy period of time. My guess is that the request means your application is about to be reviewed by a Citizenship Officer, which means there is progress, and CIC wants to verify or clarify some information, perhaps confirm that you are still living in Canada and will timely respond to the request (the request itself a sort of test to see if the applicant is actually living in Canada).

You can only submit what you actually have. Do your best. I'd anticipate some forward movement in the processing in the near future. No way, however, to forecast how this will go based on this . . . many are reporting being scheduled for the oath after receiving these requests and responding . . . but others are being scheduled for hearings with the prognosis not so good.

janoo

May 16, 2014
if you are absense in 2008 completely one year than did you declare absense than

you will submit the documents for 2009-2012 i.e. complete three years

CIC interested to see that you are present 1095 days. check your calculator sheet

and provide documents accordingly.